unRAID Server OS 6 Release Date, Live Twitter Chat, and Pro Key Giveaway!

jonp

Pretty cool idea to do a twitter chat. I know question time is over but are there plans to upgrade the forum software at some point? I've used Discourse for some other projects and its been pretty good.

Looking forward to 6.0 final.

Willing to give that a look - I like the discussion format, do you think it would be possible to import our current database?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss the release of final?  it's almost 10pm here (7pm where Tom lives).  I thought we'd have seen it by now.

I am NOT complaining, or trying to stir up anything, just curious.  It really felt like we'd see the release prior to the very last second (or late) this time.

(I still don't have my server hooked up from my recent move, so I'm not pressing, just kinda surprised it's not out yet)

Pretty cool idea to do a twitter chat. I know question time is over but are there plans to upgrade the forum software at some point? I've used Discourse for some other projects and its been pretty good.

Looking forward to 6.0 final.

Willing to give that a look - I like the discussion format, do you think it would be possible to import our current database?

I believe its possible, the simple install guide:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md

"Import old content from vBulletin, PHPbb, Vanilla, Drupal, BBPress, etc?"

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/tree/master/script/import_scripts

jonp "I thought you were going to release the final?"

limetech: "No I thought you were going to"

Did everyone go home and forget to post 6 final? LOL

• UPDATE:  LESS THAN 1 HOUR AND 20 MINUTES UNTIL TWITTER CHAT WITH LIME TECHNOLOGY IS LIVE!
      It's getting very close to tweet time!  A couple of tips for participating in the chat:
      • If you don't have a twitter account, you will need one to ask questions
      • You do NOT need a twitter account to read the chat
      • You can easily see all the questions / responses for the chat here:  http://tweetchat.com/room/unraid6released
      • Remember, to earn a chance to win a free unRAID Server OS Pro key, you must tweet a question to @limetechnology between 3PM-5PM PDT TODAY with hash tag #unraid6released

Original Message

Hey everyone!  For those that aren't aware, earlier this week we announced live on Category 5 Technology TV that unRAID 6 will be released on Monday, June 15th.  In addition to releasing unRAID 6 to the world on Monday, we will also be hosting a live twitter chat session with all of you, during which you can ask us any questions you want!  The chat will start at 3PM Pacific Standard Time and will last for two hours.  And just when you thought it couldn't be any better, we're also giving away a free unRAID Server Pro Registration Key to the person with the best question!

To recap:

1 - unRAID Server OS 6 will be released on Monday, June 15th, 2015

2 - Live twitter chat will start at 3PM PST

3 - Follow us on twitter: @limetechnology

4 - Tweet your question with hashtag #unraid6released to enter for a chance to win a free Pro key!

A few updates

• If you want to know what 3PM PST is in your time zone, BRiT put an event time announcer together for us.
  • To clarify, in order for an entry to win the Pro key to be considered valid, you must follow us on twitter and your question must be tweeted between 3PM and 5PM PST on Monday, June 15th.
  • Tweets sent before or after the announcement time frame will not be considered.

LOL!  Nope!  We're still at it!  Going through final testing to ensure the final build is solid before we post to the world, but we will meet the deadline!

LOL!  Nope!  We're still at it!  Going through final testing to ensure the final build is solid before we post to the world, but we will meet the deadline!

Still have 7 hours before the last time zone finishes Monday  ;)