Output from PHP script is being sent via email

unRaid 6.0 - RC4

Has anyone else seen this?

I have a small PHP script that i have running every 5 minutes as a cron job.  Basically its reading data from a API on my solar inverter and pushing the data to an external website for monitoring.

To debug something yesterday I added a couple of lines to ECHO the output from the script to the console... As soon as i did that i started seeing SMTP errors in my unRaid log as if its trying send an email but failing as i didn't have a SMTP server configured.  I temporarily configured a SMTP server in the unRaid GUI to see what was happening and its sending the output from the script to [email protected] and CCing the email account i have listed for unRaid notifications.

Why is it doing this?

So not really a defect. Mods should probably move this thread to v6 General Support.

You can get unRAID to make your cron entries for you. See here and look in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix for the cron files put there by unRAID from webGUI settings, and look at /etc/cron.d/root to see how this works.

You can make your own just by putting similar cron files in a folder under /boot/config/plugins. I schedule my cache backup this way.