PHP update for unraid 5

Hi, I'm using v5.0.6 of unRAID with Dynamix web server v2.1.1 which installs PHP v5.3.29 which is rather old. Is there any way I can update PHP to a more recent version without breaking anything? Is there any possibility the Dynamix web server plugin for unRAID 5 could be updated to include a more recent PHP? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot, Alex.

I understand, but I spent about 12 hours yesterday trying the upgrade without success. Unraid 6 itself works fine but I struggled to get my many services working again, either in a docker or Ubuntu server VM. Mainly Logitech Media Server, sabnzbd and newznab. I couldn't get the VM to see the unraid shares, nor could I get to accept the LMS docker to use my existing settings which I don't want to drop to start from scratch.

I therefore thought it might be easiest to leave the system and just update PHP..

Hi, I'm using v5.0.6 of unRAID with Dynamix web server v2.1.1 which installs PHP v5.3.29 which is rather old. Is there any way I can update PHP to a more recent version without breaking anything? Is there any possibility the Dynamix web server plugin for unRAID 5 could be updated to include a more recent PHP? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot, Alex.

unRAID v5 can not be upgraded to a PHP version later than 5.3.x. this is a limitation with the system itself.

unRAID v6 uses a more recent version of PHP (5.4.40)

No worries, I finally successfully upgraded to unraid 6 last night and got most of my services working again. It was a steep learning curve, especially judging the pros and cons between using plugins vs dockers vs virtual machines but I'm getting there. Lots of good advice and guides on this and other forums. Will take me another couple of evenings or so but so far I'm pleased I made the change.