[support] macesters's Docker Repository

21 hours ago, vurt said:

I posted an alternative in this thread, if DDClient isn't a must. From what I can see, it's been working fine.

@vurt I followed the link above to learn about how to create a docker manually and i think I did it correctly, but I get the following error message in the log file and the docker won't stay running.  Not sure how to troubleshoot?  Any help is appreciated.

image.png.7b8a21770da8f825b001281cf3489cd1.png

Here is my run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='CloudFlareDDNS' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'ZONE'='j*****.tv' -e 'HOST'='j******.tv' -e 'EMAIL'='b****.net' -e 'API'='[my CF global API key]' -e 'TTL'='1' -e 'PROXY'='False' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/cloudflareddns':'/config':'rw' 'joshuaavalon/cloudflare-ddns'

***Update*** 

I think I may have fixed it.  I believe because i had a capital F on False for the PROXY value, it broke it.  Changed to a lower case and error went a way and i got a changed IP message.

Edited by jbrown705
21 hours ago, Squid said:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-566095

Although, as an aside, a new Cloudfare DDNS app was added to the Apps tab a couple of days ago.

I tried that one too (the one without an image, correct?), I can't tell if it is working.  I *think* it is, but do you know how i can test it to make sure it will actually update the record?  Could i edit the current IP in the A record on CF and see if it fixes it within a few mins? Or is there another way to test?

Edited by jbrown705
4 hours ago, aptalca said:

Perhaps we didn't make an unraid template, not sure. In any case, you can create your own template for it. It's a very simple one: 

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-ddclient

I started with this one and got to this, but am not sure how to troubleshoot this one either.  This better to post in the discord or maybe tag someone here on the forums?  Not sure if this is your area as i know you help a lot with the LE stuff.  

image.png.c97ddaa977a9285bdd232353974f2b59.png

7 hours ago, jbrown705 said:

I started with this one and got to this, but am not sure how to troubleshoot this one either.  This better to post in the discord or maybe tag someone here on the forums?  Not sure if this is your area as i know you help a lot with the LE stuff.  

image.png.c97ddaa977a9285bdd232353974f2b59.png

I never used ddclient. You should try discord

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Thanks for providing the EAP Controller container.

I installed it last night and got it started up and logged in. However, it will not see my EAP225 so I can't adopt it.

I think I have the container setup correctly and the AP is on the same network at the unRAID box.

Can anyone see if I made any obvious mistakes, please?

I attached some pics. EAP Log.txt

Yea I figured it out the container needs to have its own IP 

EAP.png

EAP open.JPG

205986922_eapdock.thumb.JPG.7f3eb0ad95cd1916261b474e060a3d95.JPG

Edited by m0t0k0
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This AM I could not connect to EAP.  I restarted it and get this in the startup.log file:

Still running according to PID file /var/run/omada.pid, PID is 233
Service exit with a return value of 122

In the docker log file I see:

Starting Omada Controller...................................................................................................................................................................................
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_config.sh...
Config exists, importing previous configuration!
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/01_start.sh...
Upgrading local packages(Security) - This might take awhile(first run takes some extra time)
Upgrade Done....
Starting Omada Controller...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Start failed.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
Jul 2 10:46:43 tower syslog-ng[1448]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'
Jul 2 10:46:44 tower syslog-ng[1448]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 1456
Jul 2 10:46:44 tower syslog-ng[1448]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
Jul 2 10:46:44 tower cron[1458]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Jul 2 10:46:44 tower cron[1458]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs -- not system startup)

Any ideas?

david

17 minutes ago, lovingHDTV said:

This AM I could not connect to EAP.  I restarted it and get this in the startup.log file:

Still running according to PID file /var/run/omada.pid, PID is 233
Service exit with a return value of 122

In the docker log file I see:

Starting Omada Controller...................................................................................................................................................................................
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_config.sh...
Config exists, importing previous configuration!
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/01_start.sh...
Upgrading local packages(Security) - This might take awhile(first run takes some extra time)
Upgrade Done....
Starting Omada Controller...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Start failed.
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
Jul 2 10:46:43 tower syslog-ng[1448]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'
Jul 2 10:46:44 tower cron[1458]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Jul 2 10:46:44 tower cron[1458]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs -- not system startup)

Any ideas?

david

An update:

If I open a console into the docker, and start the job manually it runs fine.

I just took the CMD from the docker and ran it in the console.  What would keep it from running normally, but run fine when I do it manually?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For the EAP controller, I had this working but now I am seeing an error about apgrading...looks like it is prompting for some input but I can't console into it, any ideas on how I might fix this please?

• Nov 11 12:59:04 FILE-SERVER syslog-ng[2702]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
  • *** Killing all processes...
  • *** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_config.sh...
  • Config exists, importing previous configuration!
  • *** Running /etc/my_init.d/01_start.sh...
  • Upgrading local packages(Security) - This might take awhile(first run takes some extra time)
  • Preconfiguring packages ...
  • Setting up util-linux (2.27.1-6ubuntu3.9) ...
  •  
  • Configuration file '/etc/cron.weekly/fstrim'
  • ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation.
  • ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
  • What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
  • Y or I : install the package maintainer's version
  • N or O : keep your currently-installed version
  • D : show the differences between the versions
  • Z : start a shell to examine the situation
  • The default action is to keep your current version.
  • *** fstrim (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? dpkg: error processing package util-linux (--configure):
  • end of file on stdin at conffile prompt
  • Errors were encountered while processing:
  • util-linux
  • E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
  • Upgrade Done....

If it helps I found another person having this issue: https://github.com/laradock/workspace/issues/29 

"I could avoid the problem changing these lines:

`FROM phusion/baseimage:0.10.2`

and:

apt-get upgrade -y -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" && \`

and I think the second option -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" id the solution. It seems that the package was updated and the configuration file has changed. With that option we let the package manager decide what to do without asking. It probably writes the new config file. I'm not sure which package is using util-linux package. I'm going to close it but probably there is a good solution."

Edited by fireb1adex
  • 2 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 7:06 AM, fireb1adex said:

I am seeing an error about upgrading

I'm running into this (often? always?) after upgrades, as well.

If I do this from the container console...

# dpkg --configure -a

...and restart the container, it fixes me up until the next upgrade.

Though I'm keeping an eye out for a better solution, naturally :)

Edited by bland328
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 1:08 PM, lovingHDTV said:

EAP question.

How can I set it up to have its own IP? When I try setting it to br0 with an IP it doesn't give me the webui option and it doesn't show the IP on the Port Mapping.  Is this option not supported?

thanks,

This is much later than your post from back in June. Did you figure it out? I noticed I was having this problem the other day, and eventually just added "-p 8043" into the Extra Parameters in the Advanced View of the EAPcontroller docker template. (Switch from "Basic View" to "Advanced View" in the top right of the Docker Edit screen, then scroll down to "Extra Parameters")

This shouldn't be necessary given how other dockers work in unRAID, but it's an easy workaround. I do not know Docker very well, so if you came up with a better solution I'd be interested to know what it is.

Note I am using 8043 as the default secure port in my EAPcontroller template. You could do something similar using port 8088 if you are using the default unsecure port, or specify both with two "-p" arguments, or use whatever ports you have specified in the template. My understanding is that with its own IP, you would not specify a port mapping such as "-p 80:8088"

Hope that helps, and certainly if you've found a better solution since June, I'd be interested to hear. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

For anyone else having trouble accessing the web client of the EAPController, I found a setting (I think it was under the network settings) that allowed the Ethernet connection to be bridged.  As soon as I changed this setting, I was able to access the controller's webpage

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:23 PM, lsymfr said:

I'm having trouble with the TP-Link Omada Controller Docker, it can link the my Access Points but once they are setup in the dockers the AP's do not report any client or usaged to the omada controller, anyone has this problem?

chrome_neiFMy6ZwZ.png

I had the same issue.  The only fix is to rollback the firmware on your APs or wait until Mace updates the docker app.  The latest firmware needs "Omada controller v4.1.5" to work properly and show stats.  However, Mace's docker app only has EAP-Controller v3.2.9. 

On 11/7/2020 at 1:22 AM, jbquintal said:

I had the same issue.  The only fix is to rollback the firmware on your APs or wait until Mace updates the docker app.  The latest firmware needs "Omada controller v4.1.5" to work properly and show stats.  However, Mace's docker app only has EAP-Controller v3.2.9. 

I actually hope Mace's actually keeps the EAP-Controller supported for v3.2.10 as it stands, as the upgrade to the Omada Controler v4.x.x doesn't support older v1 access points (like me). See more details on compatibility support over here: https://www.tp-link.com/en/omada-sdn/compatibility/

In case Mace (or someone else) would like to add support for v4.x.x anyway, either let there be an option to continu using v3.2.10 or create a second Docker.

Not trying to be ungrateful or anything, just wanted to know if there is a plan to upgrade the EAP controller to the new version?

I'm very confused about the versions, on one site they call Omada SDN, on other they call EAP controller V4, on other they call Omada Controller V4... I believe that the Omada Controller V4 is just the new name for the EAP controller V4, and the Omada SDN is the controller on TPlink servers, provided as a service...

But the question is will the app be upgraded to the V4.1.5 or it will be forever on V3.2.10?