[support] limetech's docker repository

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Wondering where all of the cache data etc gets stored using this repository. Is it in the docker itself, or in the mapped /config folder?

Currently running on a windows VM. Just looking to see how I should approach installing and migrating to this docker. My library is quite big, and my cache is 15 or so gigs right now, will only get larger, especially when I add in my music collection.

Also, is /mnt/user/appdata cache'd? Or am I better off setting to /mnt/cache/appdata?

Hello,

Wondering where all of the cache data etc gets stored using this repository. Is it in the docker itself, or in the mapped /config folder?

Currently running on a windows VM. Just looking to see how I should approach installing and migrating to this docker. My library is quite big, and my cache is 15 or so gigs right now, will only get larger, especially when I add in my music collection.

Also, is /mnt/user/appdata cache'd? Or am I better off setting to /mnt/cache/appdata?

Set appdata to be a cache-only share.

Hello,

Set appdata to be a cache-only share.

Got it, thanks much!

Latest PMS PlexPass is 9.12.12, tells me to update.

Tried removing docker and re-adding with no luck. Thoughts?

Switch to a different plex docker from a different developer, one which uses plex pass ?

DOH, Limetech's does not support plexpass? Did not notice that, thanks.

They must have just recently updated the version for Plex pass only users.  For the longest while, the Plex pass and non Plex pass ones were the same version.

• 2 weeks later...

Limetech, is there a plan to update the plex docker, so that those of us with plexpass can choose to install it? Currently plexpass is 2 versions ahead of the general release and by it's very nature will have new features added to it first.

It doesn't matter if not as i will use another person's docker, but i don't know how hard it is to swap docker authors and didn't want to start looking into it if you are going to update your docker sooner, rather than later.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the Sync Docker, but cannot access the UI.

Going to the address (server:8888) I get an "invalid request" page, and nothing else.

Is this a settings problem or is the docker foobar'ed?

Do you have external directories mapped?

I've found that using the default /mnt/user/appdata folder prefix would never work. Changing it to /mnt/cache/appdata would allow the GUIs to load properly.

I have installed the Sync Docker, but cannot access the UI.

Going to the address (server:8888) I get an "invalid request" page, and nothing else.

Is this a settings problem or is the docker foobar'ed?

Do you have external directories mapped?

I've found that using the default /mnt/user/appdata folder prefix would never work. Changing it to /mnt/cache/appdata would allow the GUIs to load properly.

The problem seems to be Safari. I hadn't thought about a browser problem (haven't had one of those in a while.) But, Firefox opened it right up.

Looking on the Developer's console with Safari, it had errors related to plugins. I will see if running without those Safari can open it.

EDIT: Problem confirmed limited to Safari. Chrome and Firefox access UI without problem. Extensions in Safari don't seem to be problem, will keep checking....

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I just switched to this Plex docker and it works but when SABNzbd is doing it's thing Plex experiences "Dropouts" where the player says "the server doesn't have enough......." and stops.  This didn't happen before I moved plex from the official Unraid version on the plex web page to the docker.  Is there any way to give one docker priority over another?  During an unpacking event the CPU usage according to the Unraid dashboard is 50 to 70 percent.  The machine it runs on is a Sandy Bridge Core I7 with nothing else running but Unraid and dockers (no VM's).

I love Plex in the docker, so much easier to restart and upgrade but I am thinking of going back to the old way if there is not way to prevent the playback issues.

Thoughts?

"the server doesn't have enough......."  what's the rest of that line?

Beyond that, since this is happening while Sab is unpacking or something, then you best course of action is to pin Sab to certain cores instead of leaving it access to everything so that it doesn't steal all the CPU cycles available.  See http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36257.msg337500#msg337500

"the server doesn't have enough......."  what's the rest of that line?

Beyond that, since this is happening while Sab is unpacking or something, then you best course of action is to pin Sab to certain cores instead of leaving it access to everything so that it doesn't steal all the CPU cycles available.  See http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36257.msg337500#msg337500

Hello,

Thanks for your response, to answer the question, it doesn't have enough CPU (I Think).  Plex stops and buffers when SABNZD is unpacking.  Thanks for the advice on the cpu pinning, I tried this in the "Extra Parameters" --cpuset-cpus 6,7 for the SABNZD docker.  It doesn't seem to help all of the CPU's still look utilized with the system doing nothing else.  The system is a Core i7 2600K so it should have plenty of power.  Any other ideas on how to limit SABNZD?  Even the Unraid web interface is slow when it unpacks.

There's another option to limit the number of cpu "slices" each container has access to (ie: limit the container to 50% cpu).  Have to get back to you on that option.

But you may also be running into bottlenecks from your choice of hard drives, controllers, and nic.  Especially if the movie youre trying to watch is on the cache drive while the system is reading the rar files and writing the mkv to the cache.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to add an agent to Plex to import from nfo files instead of the agents listed.  All of my movies are currently cataloged using MyMovies (http://www.mymovies.dk/) which can export nfo data and, in my opinion, has much better data and covers than the available sources.

That said, I am trying to add these plugins to Plex using the limetech docker for PMS:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/38402/metadata-agents-for-exported-xbmc-library/p1

The instructions state to:

User MattJ from the plex forum reported the following steps to install on ubuntu 14.04:

- Download from github and unzip

- Remove "-master" from the end of both folder names.

- Copy them to the folder:  /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

- Find the group number for user "plex" by command "id plex".

- "cd" to folder in step 3 and change ownership of both XBMC bundles: "sudo chown plex:{gid} XBMC*"

- run "sudo service plexmediaserver restart".

Done.

I have copied the bundles to /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins via the /cache share that I can see on my windows machine.

When I navigate to that path on my unraid server, I see no files.

So my questions are:

Am I copying these files over incorrectly/why can I not see them?

Has anyone else tried to accomplish this before?

Does anyone forsee any other installation problems trying to get plugins installed inside the limetech PMS docker?

Hello I am having an issue with the official Limetech plex media server, It installed perfect and runs ok and i am logged into the server and online the problem is when i try to add content i can see what appears to be my shared folders but when i click on the MNT folder none of my drives or shares show. 

I am running the latest 6.1.6 , with Plex server 9.14.6 , I have attached a screen shot showing the issue! 

any ideas on what i am doing wrong?  - it appears that the server browse is only pointing inside the CACHE drive?

thanks AJ

PLEX.PNG.c755be1bf8f98b5d2e5667d0eeba0159.PNG

• Squid unpinned this topic