[support] limetech's docker repository

When on my LAN it immediately gives me that error, doesn't even really try to startup.

We don't even know if the container is installing correctly yet.  Which is why I asked for that screen shot

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Could use some assistance:

Every time I install a docker (so far two versions of Plex and EmbyServer) I start the application and then click the WebUI and for each one it gives me the error 'This site can't be reached'.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the configuration of my router or with my installing of apps / docker.

post what appears after you add the apps (ie: at the bottom of the screen there is the docker run command)

Here's the screen shot after installing Emby

Screen_Shot_2016-05-12_at_6_41.22_PM.png.a189aa53858bab6078cb0982f23ffca7.png

Could use some assistance:

Every time I install a docker (so far two versions of Plex and EmbyServer) I start the application and then click the WebUI and for each one it gives me the error 'This site can't be reached'.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the configuration of my router or with my installing of apps / docker.

post what appears after you add the apps (ie: at the bottom of the screen there is the docker run command)

Here's the screen shot after installing Emby

The reason why Emby isn't working is because you've passed Movies and TV Shows both mapped to /mnt  (6.1.9 has a nasty habit of sometimes saying the command finished successfully when it didn't according to the line above it)
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I seem to have a problem where plex is filling my server log file and for the life of me cant find out why.

It seems to occur after plex does its tasks at 2am, upon rebooting all logs clear. Ive tried to clean reinstall of plex with no success

Unraid 6.1.9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Log

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 73

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cache Samsung_SSD_750_EVO_250GB_S2SHNWAH223169F - 250 GB (sdd)  btrfs

Used:  68.9 GB

Free:    181 GB

/mnt/cache

Docker volume info

btrfs filesystem show:

Label: none  uuid: 3e4207cf-5b20-458c-a03a-d5dca1c68bcf

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 1.96GiB

devid    1 size 25.00GiB used 4.04GiB path /dev/loop0

btrfs-progs v4.1.2

btrfs scrub status:

scrub status for 3e4207cf-5b20-458c-a03a-d5dca1c68bcf

no stats available

total bytes scrubbed: 0.00B with 0 errors

Plex Docker config

/config                  /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer/

/TV                      /mnt/user/TV/

/HD                      /mnt/user/Movies/HD/

Any help would be great cheers!

Hey Guys,

I seem to have a problem where plex is filling my server log file and for the life of me cant find out why.

It seems to occur after plex does its tasks at 2am, upon rebooting all logs clear. Ive tried to clean reinstall of plex with no success

Unraid 6.1.9

System Log

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 73

Cache Samsung_SSD_750_EVO_250GB_S2SHNWAH223169F - 250 GB (sdd)  btrfs

Used:  68.9 GB

Free:    181 GB

/mnt/cache

Docker volume info

btrfs filesystem show:

Label: none  uuid: 3e4207cf-5b20-458c-a03a-d5dca1c68bcf

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 1.96GiB

devid    1 size 25.00GiB used 4.04GiB path /dev/loop0

btrfs-progs v4.1.2

btrfs scrub status:

scrub status for 3e4207cf-5b20-458c-a03a-d5dca1c68bcf

no stats available

total bytes scrubbed: 0.00B with 0 errors

Plex Docker config

/config                  /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer/

/TV                      /mnt/user/TV/

/HD                      /mnt/user/Movies/HD/

Any help would be great cheers!

You'd need to post your diagnostics (and ideally install fix common problems plugin , run it then post diagnostics)  I don't think plex is the issue

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Cool i have run Fix common problems and ran recommendations but still have the same issue i have attached diagnostics hope this can shed more light

this is a line from the sys log that i could open

This seems to be stemming from my original install, where i had my config in /appdata rather than /cache/appdata. Since then i have removed Plex and reinstalled but for some strange reason its still reverting back to the user shares?

Jun  6 04:42:06 Server logger: ./appdata/OLD/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Metadata/TV Shows/9/94aa49fe61d708fa6da15ee586f6d291448ae0a.bundle/Contents/_stored/seasons/15/posters/com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb_eac85b188ead891a06c382c00658041080b3aa4a

Jun  6 04:42:06 Server shfs/user0: shfs_mkdir: assign_disk: appdata (28) No space left on device

Jun  6 04:42:06 Server logger: rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/mnt/user0/appdata" failed: No space left on device (28)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsqxuyo8o995m4k/server-diagnostics-20160606-0834.zip?dl=0

Sync won't recognise existing pre populated data, copied by rsync -avPX //mnt/share1 /mnt/share2.  Copied drive was then installed in another unRaid server, both running 6.1.9 and the latest limetech Sync. 

For 3 days now, Sync is endlessly recopying every file like this very slowly....

creamdoors.jpg.bts  (seems to the the name of the temporary file being transferred)

creamdoors.jpg (was already in the folder)

Even though the exact same files are already in the destination folder with the exact same date and time.

Initially, to connect the folders, I used this method where devices have different identities:

http://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/205506569-Can-I-connect-two-pre-populated-folders-

->  Add the folder from Computer 1. While adding the folder, change the path to the folder containing the files (instead of creating a copy of the folder from Computer 1).

This is about 150GB / 30,000 files being synced to another computer across the world using BT Sync for Linux on unRaid.

(posted on the getsync forum as follows)

https://forum.getsync.com/topic/42533-sync-pre-populated-existing-folders-doesnt-recognise-matching-data/

Cool i have run Fix common problems and ran recommendations but still have the same issue i have attached diagnostics hope this can shed more light

this is a line from the sys log that i could open

This seems to be stemming from my original install, where i had my config in /appdata rather than /cache/appdata. Since then i have removed Plex and reinstalled but for some strange reason its still reverting back to the user shares?

Jun  6 04:42:06 Server logger: ./appdata/OLD/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Metadata/TV Shows/9/94aa49fe61d708fa6da15ee586f6d291448ae0a.bundle/Contents/_stored/seasons/15/posters/com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb_eac85b188ead891a06c382c00658041080b3aa4a

Jun  6 04:42:06 Server shfs/user0: shfs_mkdir: assign_disk: appdata (28) No space left on device

Jun  6 04:42:06 Server logger: rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/mnt/user0/appdata" failed: No space left on device (28)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsqxuyo8o995m4k/server-diagnostics-20160606-0834.zip?dl=0

Your appdata share is not set to Use cache disk: Only so it is getting moved. See Docker FAQ

When using the plex docker it often takes up to a minute for any show to start playing if it uses subtitles (also occurs during seeking). It seems like there is a massive delay before anything will start transcoding. I installed plex on a windows 10 vm and it only takes maybe 5 seconds at most for anything to start playing.

Any ideas how I can solve this? I would prefer to use the docker. I'm not very linux savvy so please bear with me.

tower-diagnostics-20160616-1912.zip

Alongside the release of Plex Media Server 1.0 to the Public channel, they're also cleaning out their download archives of all versions of Plex lower than 1.0 and are only maintaining support/development of version 1.0+ going forward.

We need the Limetech PMS Docker instance updated to the new and now ONLY officially supported release version.

UPDATE:  Ok I just did a migration of my Plex Server stuff from the Limetech repo to the LinuxServer.io repo.

I got tired of waiting for version updates that never come so I just switched to the LinuxServer.io repo for Plex from the Limetech one since LinuxServer.io keeps theirs up to date.

Here are the steps I took:

[*]Make note of your container mapped custom media path settings if you have them specifically set for PMS (for instance mine map /Media to /mnt/user/Media)

[*]Shutdown the Limetech PMS container, but don't delete it yet

[*]Backup your appdata config for PlexMedia Server (mine was in /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer) to another folder for safety

[*]Add the LinuxServer.io Plex container.  It can coexist with the other one temporarily as long as the other one isn't running since they're named differently

[*]Add the mapped media path you had in the Limetech container settings if you had it set there.  It's not there by default in LinuxServer.io (although you could use the /user mapping that it does come with, I prefer a direct reference for isolation)

[*]The LinuxServer.io container will automatically startup after you're done setting it up and saving/apply.  Access the server via the webUI and log in.

[*]Once the new Plex container is up and running after initial wizards, shut that container down again.

[*]With both containers shutdown, copy all the content from /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server (or whatever old and new Plex paths you have for the appdata stuff)

[*]Once you're done copying all the appdata stuff, startup your new Plex container again.

[*]Access the new Plex server via WebUI or from the Plex.tv site.  Verify all your content, settings, channels, and custom Agents survived the transition, and that you're on the latest 1.0.0.2261 version in the Settings/Server page

[*]When you're satisfied everything survived the transition, you can delete the old Plex Media Server container.

[*]Update any other container paths that refer to your Plex Media Server install (i.e. the logs path for plexpy) since it will be under a new location in appdata

Alongside the release of Plex Media Server 1.0 to the Public channel, they're also cleaning out their download archives of all versions of Plex lower than 1.0 and are only maintaining support/development of version 1.0+ going forward.

We need the Limetech PMS Docker instance updated to the new and now ONLY officially supported release version.

UPDATE:  Ok I just did a migration of my Plex Server stuff from the Limetech repo to the LinuxServer.io repo.

I got tired of waiting for version updates that never come so I just switched to the LinuxServer.io repo for Plex from the Limetech one since LinuxServer.io keeps theirs up to date.

[*]Make note of your container mapped custom media path settings if you have them specifically set for PMS (for instance mine map /Media to /mnt/user/Media)

[*]Backup your appdata config for PlexMedia Server (mine was in /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer) to another folder for safety

[*]Add the LinuxServer.io Plex container.  It can coexist with the other one temporarily as long as the other one isn't running since they're named differently

[*]Add the mapped media path you had in the Limetech container settings if you had it set there.  It's not there by default in LinuxServer.io (although you could use the /user mapping that it does come with, I prefer a direct reference for isolation)

[*]The LinuxServer.io container will automatically startup after you're done setting it up and saving/apply.  Access the server via the webUI and log in.

[*]Once the new Plex container is up and running after initial wizards, shut that container down again.

[*]With both containers shutdown, copy all the content from /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server (or whatever old and new Plex paths you have for the appdata stuff)

[*]Once you're done copying all the appdata stuff, startup your new Plex container again.

[*]Access the new Plex server via WebUI or from the Plex.tv site.  Verify all your content, settings, channels, and custom Agents survived the transition, and that you're on the latest 1.0.0.2261 version in the Settings/Server page

[*]When you're satisfied everything survived the transition, you can delete the old Plex Media Server container.

[*]Update any other container paths that refer to your Plex Media Server install (i.e. the logs path for plexpy) since it will be under a new location in appdata

Thanks for the detailed walk-through. I just made the same transition to ls.io without any issues. Now I'm running PMS 1.0.

Just completed this.  When I installed the new LinuxServer.io docker I pointed the config to the old appdata location where the Limetech version was installed.  I basically eliminated 7-9.  It came up just fine and there was no need for copying all the appdata stuff.  Everything seems to be working fine.  Do you see any problems with doing it this way? I still have a copy of the old data and I have not deleted the Limetech docker yet. 

Not if it's worked.  Wouldn't advise it as sometimes different container versions map the appdata slightly differently, so it's good to see the "lie of the land" before you copy across so you can confirm the folder structure is the same.

Not if it's worked.  Wouldn't advise it as sometimes different container versions map the appdata slightly differently, so it's good to see the "lie of the land" before you copy across so you can confirm the folder structure is the same.

Yea, not what I would normally do, but I was rushing through it and made a mistake copying in the same config path.  Good thing it didn't come back to bite me.  Thanks. 

I just updated this docker to Plex 1.0 I just shut the App down and went into "edit" the docker and without changing any settings pressed the save button, and everything updates fine. For your info; I am not running a Plexpass version. so I can't say it will work in all circumstances.

Hope this help guys.

I just updated this docker to Plex 1.0 I just shut the App down and went into "edit" the docker and without changing any settings pressed the save button, and everything updates fine. For your info; I am not running a Plexpass version. so I can't say it will work in all circumstances.

Hope this help guys.

That's not an ideal way to update apps within a container.  Sooner or later doing this will break something.  TBH a far better approach would be to migrate to a Plex version from another author.  Linuxserver.io or Binhex would be the way to go here in my opinion.

Hope this help guys.

That's not an ideal way to update apps within a container.  Sooner or later doing this will break something.  TBH a far better approach would be to migrate to a Plex version from another author.  Linuxserver.io or Binhex would be the way to go here in my opinion.

Is the limetech plex app not supported anymore? What's the exact reason for migrating to another author?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Squid unpinned this topic