[support] limetech's docker repository

Another new PMS update and the official plex docker isn't pulling in the latest version (1.01.2).

Is there going to be an update to ensure the latest version is pulled?

Still seeing just version 1.0.0.2261 available for non-Plex Pass users.

Same here. Most recent update on the Plex website was June 23rd.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a funny error with updating the Plex docker after going from 6.1.9 to 6.2-rc3... anyone know how to fix this?

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from limetech/plex.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [8d7d45a813c4]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 771 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [eeb36e73ebd8]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 117 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [9c89f037a839]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 564 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 117 MB

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

Got a funny error with updating the Plex docker after going from 6.1.9 to 6.2-rc3... anyone know how to fix this?

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from limetech/plex.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [8d7d45a813c4]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 771 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [eeb36e73ebd8]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 117 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [9c89f037a839]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 564 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 117 MB

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

Delete and recreate docker.img then reinstall all dockers. See 6.2 release notes

My media files can't be located.

I just moved my plex folder off my cache which was formatted for reiserfs. It was located in a folder called Apps on the cache drive.  I then formatted the cache drive to xfs. I then moved my plex folder into the appdata folder.  Of note I notice all the plex dockers have the folder listed as PlexMediaServer. My folder is just named plex, not sure if that should matter but I point the docker to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex

I re-installed the limetech Plex docker which I had been using without a hiccup for a long time.

PMS loads just fine. I can see all of my media but it can't find any of my files.

When I click on add folder in PMS (as if I was going to point PMS to a folder to add media) I have no idea where it's pulling from. I'm seeing folders like mqueue, config, data etc.

I know with prev dockers I could just specific /mnt as the location for the data.

I don't know if the issue is with the having a new drive format (xfs) or if it's calling my docker folder appdata instead of apps or if it's because my plex folder is called plex and not PlexMediaServer or if there's something else off.

My media files can't be located.

I just moved my plex folder off my cache which was formatted for reiserfs. It was located in a folder called Apps on the cache drive.  I then formatted the cache drive to xfs. I then moved my plex folder into the appdata folder.  Of note I notice all the plex dockers have the folder listed as PlexMediaServer. My folder is just named plex, not sure if that should matter but I point the docker to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex

I re-installed the limetech Plex docker which I had been using without a hiccup for a long time.

PMS loads just fine. I can see all of my media but it can't find any of my files.

When I click on add folder in PMS (as if I was going to point PMS to a folder to add media) I have no idea where it's pulling from. I'm seeing folders like mqueue, config, data etc.

I know with prev dockers I could just specific /mnt as the location for the data.

I don't know if the issue is with the having a new drive format (xfs) or if it's calling my docker folder appdata instead of apps or if it's because my plex folder is called plex and not PlexMediaServer or if there's something else off.

You probably don't have your media shares mapped in the template.  Ie you don't have /mnt mapped to /mnt anymore like you implied you originally did

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Add a container volume of /mnt mapped to a host volume of /mnt.  Not the way I do mappings but it works and is easy to understand and since you already mentioned /mnt above I'm presuming you've done it on your other containers

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Does this docker only support non plex pass versions ?

Yes.

If you wish to use plex pass versions, use Linuxserver og binhex docker version.

Stumbled upon this because it seems like Limetech's version of Plex hadn't seen an update in a while, but if I'm reading the posts correctly this is simply because there hasn't been one.  Good enough.

However, this Plex Pass comment has me curious.  I have a Plex Pass, but didn't think there was any difference between the Plex dockers.  I'm not sure I've really been missing anything using Limetech's version.  Is there any reason I should go to the trouble to install a Plex Pass docker instead of limetech's version since I indeed have a Plex Pass?

Does this docker only support non plex pass versions ?

Yes.

If you wish to use plex pass versions, use Linuxserver og binhex docker version.

Stumbled upon this because it seems like Limetech's version of Plex hadn't seen an update in a while, but if I'm reading the posts correctly this is simply because there hasn't been one.  Good enough.

However, this Plex Pass comment has me curious.  I have a Plex Pass, but didn't think there was any difference between the Plex dockers.  I'm not sure I've really been missing anything using Limetech's version.  Is there any reason I should go to the trouble to install a Plex Pass docker instead of limetech's version since I indeed have a Plex Pass?

If you want the plexpass version, yes. If not, then no

Recently, after editing the docker PlexMediaServer to add two directory locations of mounted media, PMS no longer loads the WebGUI locally:

wAG0dEx.png

It has lost it's port configuration. Now, I've tried to manually add it back like so:

mFuZsEZ.png

But it still wil not load with locally with, 192.168.0.100:32400. However, Plex.tv can still access it, but ofcourse, Plexpy can't because it accesses the local content.

Any way to fix this up?

You don't need to ever add the port, as Plex runs in Host mode, and it'll all be handled automatically. 

Would probably be prudent to post the logs for Plex (advanced view in top right corner, then click the log button)

Only two things pop into my head: - Verify Plex is still in Host mode;  Remove the plex container and image and then reinstall it via CA's previous apps section

Log:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 14
6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support
[system] Aug 17 07:49:13 Unimatrix_Zero syslog-ng[23]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

[Warning] WARNING: ENABLED NONE CIPHER

Then when going to WebGUI:

container: ff767e61d98d
[Keeps going on like that, a loop]

I would remove and reinstall PMS, but I have a good amount of custom images/titels/specials etc added which didn't get parsed automatically. Any way to back those up in before?

Edit:

Also, Plex is still in Host mode.

I would remove and reinstall PMS, but I have a good amount of custom images/titels/specials etc added which didn't get parsed automatically. Any way to back those up in before?

Edit:

Also, Plex is still in Host mode.

They are all stored within the appdata folder which is NOT part of the docker image.

But if you're really worried, you can backup your appdata via CA's appdata backup module

Ah, I see, thanks. I made a backup.

Removing and reinstalling it via Previous Apps didn't fix the local functionality of Plex however.

Both with and without removing the image as I'm uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Strange, the only thing I Edited on plex was adding Paths to mounted Unassigned Devices, which now, ofcourse, are gone. I don't know what else happend.

• Squid unpinned this topic