[support] limetech's docker repository

Strange, the only thing I Edited on plex was adding Paths to mounted Unassigned Devices, which now, ofcourse, are gone. I don't know what else happend.

Not sure about the UI problem (I and most users here use either Binhex or lsio's apps), but the UD path thing:

If its gone from the template, and you had to add the path in again then you didn't add the app back via CA's previous apps section which would have had that path in it (since it was the most recently saved template)

If nothing showed up within the app for the UD path, then you're running 6.1.9 in which case for UD paths you have to stop and restart the entire docker service (Settings - Docker) for it to recognize anything within a UD path.  Under 6.2 you set the mode instead of RW to be RW:Slave to avoid that issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a lot of problems with Plex from the limetech repository.  Every time I go into the console it says there's an update available but checking the Docker container doesn't show one.  Streaming to my Rokus and XBox One has stopped working, through other devices like my iPads are ok.  I can move to a different repository and a different version but man do I NOT want to lose all my customizations, etc;  Is there a way to make that not happen?  Or a way to fix the existing?

I'm having a lot of problems with Plex from the limetech repository.  Every time I go into the console it says there's an update available but checking the Docker container doesn't show one.  Streaming to my Rokus and XBox One has stopped working, through other devices like my iPads are ok.  I can move to a different repository and a different version but man do I NOT want to lose all my customizations, etc;  Is there a way to make that not happen?  Or a way to fix the existing?

Please try this: 

On the unRAID web UI go to the Docker page. Toggle on Advanced view (near the top right of the page) and click the 'force update' link for Plex.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an ETA on when (if) the latest versions of Plex will be incorporated into this Docker?  My Plex has been wanting me to upgrade for a couple months.  Is this something we can do in the docker itself - or - do we need to wait on Limetech to update the docker?

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20160913-iqhn-47kb.jpg[/img]

Thanks in advance!

LSIO plex docker probably gets more frequent updates than this one. It is pretty easy to switch. Just backup your appdata then just use the same volume mappings for LSIO plex docker and everything should just work. If you're plexpass you can even use the plexpass DVR beta. See the LSIO plex docker thread.

Anyone have an ETA on when (if) the latest versions of Plex will be incorporated into this Docker?  My Plex has been wanting me to upgrade for a couple months.  Is this something we can do in the docker itself - or - do we need to wait on Limetech to update the docker?

Thanks in advance!

I second that question!

And a third. I've asked this same question in another post and never received a response. Also, I don't really want to go to the trouble of changing dockers to another one for Plex. I know I could for one that is updated more often, but I actually chose this one since it appeared to be one of the standard ones that I thought would receive any needed updates.

This type of thing isn't the end of the world since Plex still seems to be functioning well, but I feel like I might be missing something when I constantly see the banner that an update is available. :)

Thanks in advance!

I second that question!

Have you tried advanced view -> force update from the docker page?

Thanks in advance!

I second that question!

Have you tried advanced view -> force update from the docker page?

Oh wow. I didn't even know that option was there. It seems to have worked for me. At least the notification is no longer there in Plex. Thanks for this.

Hi,

Did a check for updates under docker and tried to update my Limetech Plex docker and got the following error. Any ideas? I am running unraid 6.2 and plex is at version 1.1.3.2700.

----------8<----------

Pulling image: limetech/plex:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from limetech/plex.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [79321844ebba]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 772 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [ebe499b4c161]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 119 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [cb387480a3c1]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 561 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 119 MB

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

----------8<----------

Thanks

Jim

Hi,

Did a check for updates under docker and tried to update my Limetech Plex docker and got the following error. Any ideas? I am running unraid 6.2 and plex is at version 1.1.3.2700.

----------8<----------

IMAGE ID [79321844ebba]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 772 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [ebe499b4c161]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 119 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [cb387480a3c1]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 561 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

----------8<----------

Thanks

Jim

Same here...

Hi,

----------8<----------

----------8<----------

Thanks

Jim

Same here...

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg481138#msg481138

I am getting the same error after updating to Unraid 6.2. I read that removing the app and re-installing it would help, but now I am getting the same error when trying to re-install it from the community apps page. I am kinda getting worried since I put a lot of effort into maintaining the Plex server's database. I hope that removing the docker image didn't nuke the whole thing.

Thanks,

Carsten

Can anyone help me figure out why the limetech-plex docker would keep crashing and filling up my RAM until the server becomes unresponsive?  In the course of 5 minutes, this docker will fill up 10% of my available memory, completely maxing it out in less than a half hour.  Here's the log file:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'soci::soci_error'

what(): Cannot begin transaction. attempt to write a readonly database

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.1.4.2757-24ffd60/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/36c0e4b2-9444-8210-79eb7ce5-76543360.dmp

Aborted

6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.1.4.2757-24ffd60/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/4c8162bc-c79b-46bb-2dbf644f-0e0efaac.dmp

Aborted

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.1.4.2757-24ffd60/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/33b5ddc2-98f4-7b1d-37cd0272-6d0ba720.dmp

Aborted

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.1.4.2757-24ffd60/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/5bb63706-173a-ab29-42d06c81-4d4cf299.dmp

Aborted

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.1.4.2757-24ffd60/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/71677bb8-f11c-9639-76934dad-6458b73a.dmp

Aborted

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.1.4.2757-24ffd60/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/3cdf3145-f687-6606-6eadd2f1-14ab79ad.dmp

Aborted

Note that is just a small sample of the whole log file.  Here's the run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Media/Movies/":"/Movies":rw -v "/mnt/user/Media/Music/":"/Music":rw -v "/mnt/user/Media/TV/":"/TV":rw limetech/plex

7935be23a4ccf35f3eb8839ea52d3f61fb8f689fb716c8055963c901fbb16039

The attached picture shows the top 20 processes in RAM after about 20 minutes.  Just a little bit longer and my whole server will become unresponsive.

2016-09-18_01_44_05-Tower_Dashboard.png.47cb27cc698d44e20e371ac405c73b33.png

Read the faq entry.  Nothing to worry about

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

there's a better fix:

this post: https://github.com/docker/distribution/issues/1439#issuecomment-237999672

has the fix which worked perfectly for me without having to reinstall everything...

The existing layers may be an important piece of the puzzle. I think what's happening is that one of the existing layers was downloaded by an older version of Docker that did not save tar-split metadata. The migration to content-addressability computed an ID for the layer, but this doesn't match the ID that comes directly from the tar. The migration also prepopulated the mapping between the layer digest and the artifact digest in

/var/lib/docker/image/*/distribution

. Pulling another image that uses the affected layer will try to use this layer digest from the migration, but that digest turns out to be wrong, so the pull fails.

If this is correct, deleting

/var/lib/docker/image/*/distribution

should fix your problem pulling maxpowa/npomf:latest. This is just a cache, so it should be safe to remove (removing it will just cause extra data to be transfered during pushes and pulls until the cache is repopulated).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering start using BT Sync (Resilio) as an alternative to all the limited capacity cloud solutions, but I'm not 100% sure if the support within unRAID is active :(. unRAID could be a really nice platform to use it, having the server as an "always on" peer to share the files to the clients, but I cannot find a docker with active development. There're some other dockers like Plex where the updates are automatic within the docker. Could it be done the same way within unRAID?

This official docker seems to be outdated, and the others I found using Community Apps have the same problem :(

Any tips about its stability, reliability or alternatives?

• Squid unpinned this topic