[support] limetech's docker repository

Am I missing the easy way to update to the newest version of PMS (Version 1.3.3.3148)?

Do I need to wait for the docker to update?

See here

So general idea is not use the linuxserver docker? I am fine to switch, but I thought it was the "official" one?

Happy to switch, but confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I missing the easy way to update to the newest version of PMS (Version 1.3.3.3148)?

Do I need to wait for the docker to update?

See here

So general idea is not use the linuxserver limetech docker? I am fine to switch, but I thought it was the "official" one?

Happy to switch, but confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on how often you want updates. ;)

Hi all, I am still a little confused on the Plex Pass update schedule. So today Plex released 1.4.1 as a mainline release for "Plex Pass Members" which I am. But I also remember reading something here that the Dockers can not distribute Plex Pass releases because then everyone (including non PlexPass users) could just install the Docker and use the features?

So when this Docker gets updated will it be to 1.3.4 (the latest non PlexPass version) or 1.4.1? I really want the DVR functionality on my UnRaid version, so I don't have to keep a little linux server running just for DVR.

Also, if Dockers can never have the PlexPass version what's the best way for me to get that version running on UnRaid? The UnRaid release from Plex uses the old method for installing plugins?

There seems to be no definitive answer on how to do this. Every time I start digging into how to do this I seem to get stuck in a loop of everyone saying to do it a different way.

Hi all, I am still a little confused on the Plex Pass update schedule. So today Plex released 1.4.1 as a mainline release for "Plex Pass Members" which I am. But I also remember reading something here that the Dockers can not distribute Plex Pass releases because then everyone (including non PlexPass users) could just install the Docker and use the features?

So when this Docker gets updated will it be to 1.3.4 (the latest non PlexPass version) or 1.4.1? I really want the DVR functionality on my UnRaid version, so I don't have to keep a little linux server running just for DVR.

Also, if Dockers can never have the PlexPass version what's the best way for me to get that version running on UnRaid? The UnRaid release from Plex uses the old method for installing plugins?

There seems to be no definitive answer on how to do this. Every time I start digging into how to do this I seem to get stuck in a loop of everyone saying to do it a different way.

The linuxserver.io plex docker updates to latest upon restarting the docker, unlike the LT docker which needs to be rebuilt.

The linuxserver.io plex docker updates to latest upon restarting the docker, unlike the LT docker which needs to be rebuilt.

Are you sure about that? I thought they reverted to manual weekly builds. Still better than LT which doesn't have a defined update schedule.

Just tested it myself. I was still on 1.3.4, restarted the docker and am now on 1.4.1

8 minutes ago, huntjules said:

Hello, will Limetech publish a PlexPass version of Plex repo please? As I like the point and click of UnRaid and the -pre-packaged repo's, but PlexPass is not easy to install for someone who isn't knowledgeable with Linux.

There are multiple other Plex containers you can install that supports plexpass. There's even an official template from Plex for their container!

Install Community Applications if you haven't already done so and search for Plex. 

And here is the link with info on how to install it. Community Application

Edited by saarg
Added link

Thanks

1 hour ago, saarg said:

There are multiple other Plex containers you can install that supports plexpass. There's even an official template from Plex for their container!

Install Community Applications if you haven't already done so and search for Plex. 

And here is the link with info on how to install it. Community Application

Saarg,

Thanks for the guidance. I can download the Plex UnRaud build (for H.W Transcoding) and I've unziped all the files to a folder on the NAS, but that contains various folders (such as Boot, ect, Install, usr) My challenge is how to point the UnRaid docker to those PlexPass files (usually there is a link to a gitHub URL, something like https://github.com/limetech/docker-templates )

• How do i add the link to the downloaded PlexPass files on my NAS please, I've tried adding in the folder location (such as Y:\I.T Folder\Plex\Plex H.W transcode)
  • Which files in the various folders do i choose also please as there are several?

I've added a screen snip of what I've tried in settting up Docker... really appreciate support.. sorry for numpty questions :-)

Cheers, Julian

setting up PlexPass docker.JPG

which plex files.JPG

12 minutes ago, huntjules said:

Thanks

Saarg,

Thanks for the guidance. I can download the Plex UnRaud build (for H.W Transcoding) and I've unziped all the files to a folder on the NAS, but that contains various folders (such as Boot, ect, Install, usr) My challenge is how to point the UnRaid docker to those PlexPass files (usually there is a link to a gitHub URL, something like https://github.com/limetech/docker-templates )

• How do i add the link to the downloaded PlexPass files on my NAS please, I've tried adding in the folder location (such as Y:\I.T Folder\Plex\Plex H.W transcode)
  • Which files in the various folders do i choose also please as there are several?

I've added a screen snip of what I've tried in settting up Docker... really appreciate support.. sorry for numpty questions :-)

Cheers, Julian

setting up PlexPass docker.JPG

which plex files.JPG

Have you ever installed a docker container?
You install Community application, then search for Plex, choose the one you want (Plexinc or linuxserver.io ;) ) click on the support thread and follow the github link for our container. For Plexinc container you need to go to the first post in their support thread link and find the github readme. Then it says How to install the plexpass version in the tags section.
For Plexinc version you basically just add :plexpass after plexinc/pms-docker in the Repository box. 
For our container it's controlled by an environment variable explained in our github readme.

It looks like you don't know much about docker, so I would suggest you read up in the docker faq in the docker section of the forum. Should be a link to it in my signature, if you enabled viewing signatures.

1 minute ago, saarg said:

Have you ever installed a docker container?
You install Community application, then search for Plex, choose the one you want (Plexinc or linuxserver.io ;) ) click on the support thread and follow the github link for our container. For Plexinc container you need to go to the first post in their support thread link and find the github readme. Then it says How to install the plexpass version in the tags section.
For Plexinc version you basically just add :plexpass after plexinc/pms-docker in the Repository box. 
For our container it's controlled by an environment variable explained in our github readme.

It looks like you don't know much about docker, so I would suggest you read up in the docker faq in the docker section of the forum. Should be a link to it in my signature, if you enabled viewing signatures.

You're right I don't know much about Docker. but I have installed the Limetech Plex app which is working well (I also have Windows 10 VM ad a Windowing 7 VM all working great). but then thats point and click and robust instructions and fairly easy. its how to do with PlexPass which isn't so easy. I'll go and have another read, but lasttime i spent a few hours investigating i didnt see any really simple user instructions. I ported over to Unraid from QNAP, so am used to a pre-built or numpty instrections and until now UnRaid has worked fine.. just struggling wit PlexPass install.

1 hour ago, huntjules said:

You're right I don't know much about Docker. but I have installed the Limetech Plex app which is working well (I also have Windows 10 VM ad a Windowing 7 VM all working great). but then thats point and click and robust instructions and fairly easy. its how to do with PlexPass which isn't so easy. I'll go and have another read, but lasttime i spent a few hours investigating i didnt see any really simple user instructions. I ported over to Unraid from QNAP, so am used to a pre-built or numpty instrections and until now UnRaid has worked fine.. just struggling wit PlexPass install.

Just choose another Plex container and you will have plexpass. I told you how to do it in my reply, but it sounds like typing :plexpass is too much work?

1 hour ago, saarg said:

Just choose another Plex container and you will have plexpass. I told you how to do it in my reply, but it sounds like typing :plexpass is too much work?

Saarg,

I was frightened. once I read your notes, looked on thePlexinc pages and edited with :PlexPass at the end I saved App data and tried the upgrade. But I kept older plex as a disabled docker, so i could go back if needed. all seems ok, although not sure if Plex Version 1.4.2.3400 has hardware transcode enabled.

But at least I know know how to install Latest PlexPass.

Cheers, Julian

2 hours ago, huntjules said:

Saarg,

I was frightened. once I read your notes, looked on thePlexinc pages and edited with :PlexPass at the end I saved App data and tried the upgrade. But I kept older plex as a disabled docker, so i could go back if needed. all seems ok, although not sure if Plex Version 1.4.2.3400 has hardware transcode enabled.

But at least I know know how to install Latest PlexPass.

Cheers, Julian

Hardware transcoding is a beta version last time I checked, and not in plexpass yet.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

I don't think you can access a GPU for this from docker anyway.

Actually you can.  We got a special build of Plex from the Plex guys and in Docker form.  They tested it against a preview build of 6.3 a little while ago and it worked great using an Intel IGD device.

• Squid unpinned this topic