[support] limetech's docker repository

8 hours ago, Cessquill said:

Same here :D

Stupid question alert - could you put a graphics card in the server (given the right mobo ports) and leverage the power off that, or are we looking at system upgrades?

It's only igpu support in unraid for now. If you can install the driver for the GPU, you might get it to work. I don't think the Plex guys tested amd and nvidia cards much.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, xhaloz said:

Can anyone get exiftool added to the community applications store?

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

If I can do it myself please explain how?  Thank you!

Squid is the man to talk to about getting things added to CA.  However, you've linked to a tool that is not a docker container nor a plugin.  It would require "packaging" of some sort to be eligible for inclusion.  

12 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Squid is the man to talk to about getting things added to CA.  However, you've linked to a tool that is not a docker container nor a plugin.  It would require "packaging" of some sort to be eligible for inclusion.  

Thank you again.  You're very knowledgeable.  I have carried a lot of your insight over to the reddit.com/r/unraid forum

7 hours ago, brisimmons105 said:

So is it pretty much safe to say this Plex docker is no longer being supported?

The container was last updated Dec 20.

Plex is a rather unique situation in the unRaid universe.  Limetech includes a default app for it, the majority of the users around here run the Plex app via either linuxserver.io or binhex's repositories, and now the guys over at Plex are now officially supporting unRaid with a template to their own docker app.

Because of this saturation for this particular app, if I had my way, then no more PlexMediaServers would be allowed into Community Applications as fundamentally they are all identical.  Whether or not Limetech is going to continue to update their container now that Plex has an official docker for unRaid I do not know (EDIT: jonp just answered this above), but generally within the forum itself the advice has always been to install either the lsio or binhex flavours.  With Plex officially supporting unRaid, I believe that gradually the advice from the forum will be to install the official version instead of any of the others.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Squid said:

Been available within CA for a couple of weeks now.

Does anybody know if switching to the Plex version is simple/reliable from linuxserver or limetech's version?  I've done it between those two before pretty painlessly, but since the Plex support link is external it's harder to gauge.

Also, is it stable/mature enough to run?  I'm assuming with the support it's had, it will be.

• 3 weeks later...

Deleted limetech container and image loaded plex template from CA changed /data to /media if using plex pass change tag to plexpass and also add :plexpass to end of repository location

set application to same as limetech and set a transcode temp directory 

Edited by brettm357
Addition
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Simple question, is Limetech Plex Media Server container required to be run in privileged mode and why would that be (for example access to particular device such as GPU on CPU for transcoding). I have intel 2600 non K cpu? Would there be any limitation or its a case of raw CPU power?

Thanks.

On 3/27/2017 at 8:58 AM, brettm357 said:

Deleted limetech container and image loaded plex template from CA changed /data to /media if using plex pass change tag to plexpass and also add :plexpass to end of repository location

set application to same as limetech and set a transcode temp directory 

Wow that was easy. Worked for me without any issues at all. I actually didn't even delete the LimeTech container. I just stopped it, then installed the PlexInc version from the App Tab. The LimeTech Plex container was replaced in my App tab with the PlexInc version. 

Edited by derekleeds

what's the container /data stand for on Plex Docker (official repository) ? 

i'm using UnassignedDevice (ssd nvme) for dockers & vms , so i move everything to that device , but don't know on Plex docker what's /data mean

for /transcode i put /tmp tu use Ram

for /config i put my appdata folder on the UnassignedDevice

for Media, i add a new map so /Media point to share /Media on my array

but for /data ?... or data refers to Media ?

14 hours ago, Carmico said:

what's the container /data stand for on Plex Docker (official repository) ? 

i'm using UnassignedDevice (ssd nvme) for dockers & vms , so i move everything to that device , but don't know on Plex docker what's /data mean

for /transcode i put /tmp tu use Ram

for /config i put my appdata folder on the UnassignedDevice

for Media, i add a new map so /Media point to share /Media on my array

but for /data ?... or data refers to Media ?

Yes, /data refers to the location where you have your media files...

• Squid unpinned this topic