[support] limetech's docker repository

Hi,

My Plex configuration works, but I would like to know if everything is correct and full optimized.

In the Plex container, I added these container paths
/Multimedia -> /mnt/user/Multimedia/ (in my Array for my libraries)
/Backup -> /mnt/user/Backups/Plex (in my Array to backup my Plex database)
/Temporary -> /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer/tmp/ (in only my SSD cache)
/Conversion -> /mnt/user/Downloads/To convert/ (in my Array, for my files that I want to optimize with Plex) Is there another way ?
/Transcode -> /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer/tmp/ (in only my SSD cache)

In the Plex setting...

Server section,

Transcoder, Transcoder temporary directory -> /Transcode

Scheduled tasks, Backup directory -> /Backup

Thank,

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding your Resilio Sync Container: 

Is there any possibility to change the device name? I've got two unRAID machines here and both are names unRAID in Sync :( renaming doesnt survive a restart of the container.. so some kind of variable would be nice.

Edited by me.so.bad
  • 2 weeks later...

Something weird happened last night and I had to hard reset my server.

Upon reboot, all plex client devices do not find the Plex server or think it's a new server. accessing <ip>:32400 acts like it's a new server as well. 

I have quite a few user accounts and don't want to lose the "watched" status on all those.

I can restore a backup of /appdata/PMS, but I wanted to exhaust other resources first.

Someone please help!

Edited by jonesy8485
  • Upvote 1

OK, I just restored a day-old preferences.xml and that fixed it.

The new preferences.xml had MUCH less info with different unique ID and such. Any clue why that happened?

Also, according to my syslogs, it looks like someone was trying to brute force me on FTP port :(. I'm disabling FTP server when I don't need it.

Edited by jonesy8485
On 5/11/2017 at 4:24 PM, Squid said:

Turns out a docker is extremely unnecessary. This app seriously only requires 2 files to be dropped into an apache docker. super easy. I made it out to be far more difficult than it was.

I have an issue with my Plex docker - I put in an incorrect share path name in the config file within the docker gui in unraid 6.

The docker failed to restart, and I now have an orphaned docker image.

If I could find the config file to edit and change the path name error, it should come back to life, I presume.

If I reloaded the plex docker, I am guessing I will remove the config files associated with the docker.

Anyone have a safe way to recover the Plex docker? I could not find the path to the Plex config file that contains the path names - can anyone point me there?

Brian

4 hours ago, bjmcintosh said:

I have an issue with my Plex docker - I put in an incorrect share path name in the config file within the docker gui in unraid 6.

The docker failed to restart, and I now have an orphaned docker image.

If I could find the config file to edit and change the path name error, it should come back to life, I presume.

If I reloaded the plex docker, I am guessing I will remove the config files associated with the docker.

Anyone have a safe way to recover the Plex docker? I could not find the path to the Plex config file that contains the path names - can anyone point me there?

Brian

Docker Tab, advanced then delete the orphaned image.

Then either the apps tab, previous apps section or Docker, Add Container and select the my-Plex template will bring back the template.  Edit it and reinstall...

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Johan71 said:

When can we expect the latest plexserver update ?

To always stay up to date with Plex (although personally, I don't see why you need to -> but I'm not a heavy Plex user), you should switch to the linuxserver docker app

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Squid said:

To always stay up to date with Plex (although personally, I don't see why you need to -> but I'm not a heavy Plex user), you should switch to the linuxserver docker app

ok but is it possible to switch docker witout mess up my library

56 minutes ago, dchamb said:
These links come up "File Not Found"

So I discovered also today. Waiting for a response from @jonp with regards to this

They did work when I posted originally.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Edited by Squid

ok but is it possible to switch docker witout mess up my library

It should work just pointing the config folder to the already existing appdata folder. Ask in the lsio support thread for plex to confirm

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

• Squid unpinned this topic