[support] limetech's docker repository

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

could someone shortly summarize what file permissions are required to be able to delete files from within plex with the official lime-tech docker template?

It looks like all my files in /Application Support/Plex Media Server/ are mapped to unraid-plex:users (plex settings), while all media files in the shares are mapped to nobody:users (unraid settings). As far as I can tell, that's what it should be. 

Plex runs fine, finds new media but is not able to delete content for me. What should I change? It must be caused by a permissions issue.

On 9/24/2017 at 9:33 AM, praaphorst said:

Plexmediaserver update 1.9.1.4272 still not available? Forced update does nothing. (Current version stays at1.8.4.4249 )

On 9/25/2017 at 0:50 PM, doubley said:

Any ETA as to when I can expect the docker container to update to 1.9.1.4272? It fixes an issue I've been having and it's been out for close to a week now!

Plex container has been updated to version 1.9.2.4285 now

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, BBriner said:

What is the advantage of Limetech's PLEX Docker over the official one?

The template is included with unRaid.

Most users by and far actually use either LinuxServer's or Binhex's instead of either Limetech's or the official Plex (which is based off of LinuxServer's)

Edited by Squid
  • 2 weeks later...

Using your Sync container.

I have Sync Pro and noticed with the latest update 2.5.9 my scheduler was all wacky when it would sync.

I logged into the docker and when I ran the 'date' command I noticed the time was about 8 hours off.

The TZ="Americas/Los Angeles" is built into the template so I think the problem is with the container it self.

Also noticed this in the log file of the container.

dpkg-query: package 'tzdata' is not installed and no information is available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: tzdata is not installed
*** /etc/my_init.d/config.sh failed with status 1

What can I do to help?  I'd love to get my scheduler back on the correct date/time.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2017 at 7:11 PM, karlpox said:

Hi,

Im having this error "6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support" on my logs when I restarted my server.

I have no idea how to fix this. I tried reinstall 3 times and even tried to install a fresh plex without the config. How do I fix this?

Karl

I am having the same problem. I've tried a few things from different forums and nothing is working.

I even tried setting up a binhex plex docker and that wouldn't boot either. I don't know if it an issue across the board or not.

added: Sonarr and Radarr are both down as well. I believe it is an issue with unraid. I found some mention of sqlite3 errors in the logs and that seems to be broken by enabling "directIO" which i did this morning. It somehow corrupts the sqlite3 database which affects all 3 dockers. Some people are saying it happens if your /config location is inside of mnt/user instead of mnt/cache. I changed the /config location and I am still having the same issue. I haven't found a solution that has worked for me yet.

Solved: Turns out, it did fix the issue. so what I did was:

1. copy the files for whatever docker(s) went down from "mnt/user/appdata/(docker)" to "mnt/cache/appdata/(docker)"

2. change the "/config" location for the docker(s) you moved to the new location: "mnt/cache/appdata/"(docker)"

3. start the docker(s) and they should retain all of the old setup and start correctly.

note: if you don't copy over the appdata folder(s), none of the old setup will be retained.

Edited by Kosslyn
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bcr621 said:

Plex cannot access any of my media, though all of the files still appear in the web GUI. Every file gets an error:  "Please check that the file exists and the necessary drive is mounted." I've updated to the latest release 1.10.0.4523, no change. Using UnRaid Ver 6.3.5, logs attached. Thanks.

Plex Media Server Logs_2017-12-11_13-22-18.zip

If you think it is a plex problem you should take your plex logs to the plex forum.

If you think it is a problem with your unRAID configuration you should post your unRAID diagnostics here. Tools -  Diagnostics. Post complete zip.

Also might be useful to see your docker run command as seen here:

1 hour ago, trurl said:

If you think it is a plex problem you should take your plex logs to the plex forum.

If you think it is a problem with your unRAID configuration you should post your unRAID diagnostics here. Tools -  Diagnostics. Post complete zip.

Also might be useful to see your docker run command as seen here:

I started in the Plex forums and was advised to post here instead. Diagnostics attached. Thanks. 

server-pc-diagnostics-20171211-1204.zip

• Squid unpinned this topic