[support] limetech's docker repository

• 3 weeks later...

So I was using another version of plex and was having issues with it and saw the limetech version so I removed the plexmedia folder at my appdata/plexmediaserver directory. After I removed told old version and had the option checked to remove the img also, but the folder remained until I removed it myself. After that I tried to install the limetech version and it gives a error on install of /usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: error while creating mount source path '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer': mkdir /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer: no medium found.  So I went to the /usr/bin/ folder and see that docker isnt a folder in this area. My last version of plex had its config mapped here /mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver .

Also by default it doesnt have anything pointing to a config folder

kkuXAL9.png

So I gave it one matching my old install of /mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver

It didn't like that also. I have been having lock ups recently where it makes me cold reboot it and do a 14+ hour parity check three times so far this week. Every time I pulled up the process list plex had a cpu or two pegged most of the time. So figured my other version of plex "old one was needo/plex" that was doing it so figured I would switch over to this version. But this version seems to be a lot harder to configure vs the last one.

3 hours ago, WarDave said:

After I removed told old version and had the option checked to remove the img also, but the folder remained until I removed it myself

Perfectly normal and expected.  The image the pop up is talking about is the file(s) within the docker.img, not the appdata folder.  To remove appdata (effectively start the app over again from scratch) you either remove manually or use a tool like cleanup appdata

mkdir /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer: no medium found.  So I went to the /usr/bin/ folder and see that docker isnt a folder in this area. My last version of plex had its config mapped here /mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver .

Implies that something went seriously wrong on your server and the user shares were not available.  Diagnostics would have helped here.

So I went to the /usr/bin/ folder and see that docker isnt a folder in this area. My last version of plex had its config mapped here /mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver .

/usr/bin/docker isn't a folder available to view over the network.  I think you're confusing with /mnt/user/...

Also by default it doesnt have anything pointing to a config folder

/config mappings are hidden by default.  Hit "Show More Settings"

I have been having lock ups recently where it makes me cold reboot it and do a 14+ hour parity check three times so far this week. Every time I pulled up the process list plex had a cpu or two pegged most of the time.

Possible, but unlikely that its directly related to Plex, unless you have other underlying problems with your system.

• Like 1

So I was using another version of plex and was having issues with it and saw the limetech version

What other version were you using? Most likely whatever problems you were having were user error. Most people change away from the limetech version since others are more up-to-date and better supported.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, WarDave said:

think it was this one 

That's the one I (and many others) have been using for a very long time, and the one I recommend. What problems were you having? Did you ever get it to work at all? If not then it is almost certainly a user error.

Rebooted and tried another plex docker and /usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: error while creating mount source path '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plex': mkdir /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plex: no medium found.

also as you can see it was binhex-plex's plex docker container.

Tempted to clear out my unraid usb stick and my docker img and start over, but as I recall when I go to put the drives back into the array it will want to clear them or something as I recall but its been I while I forget how it does it. Just don't want to wipe out like 10 TB's of data on a mistake.

And binhex plex is the other most used and most recommended, and lots of people are not having problems with it either.

1 minute ago, WarDave said:

Tempted to clear out my unraid usb stick and my docker img and start over, but as I recall when I go to put the drives back into the array it will want to clear them or something as I recall but its been I while I forget how it does it. Just don't want to wipe out like 10 TB's of data on a mistake.

There are ways to start over in this drastic manner, but it shouldn't be necessary and likely to end up in the same place. It is nearly impossible to screw up your entire unRAID install by playing with dockers, simply because unRAID doesn't really install like other systems you may be familiar with. It just unpacks the OS clean and fresh from the archives on flash into RAM on each boot.

Fixing the mistakes you are making in setting this up is the best approach. Do you have any other working dockers? What are you using as a guide to set these up? Have you read the Docker FAQ?

Well I'm not taking anymore of anyone's time on it, I reinstalled the docker I was using for plex in the first place and it installed with no issues, I just get errors on other peoples docker container versions of it. Odd stuff, but I will just TS myself and if I can't track down whats been making the server unstable lately I will just move to windows. It would be easier to troubleshoot at least.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help

Edited by WarDave
1 minute ago, WarDave said:

I reinstalled the docker I was using for plex in the first place

If you need any help troubleshooting, there are plenty of helpful people in this forum. Post in the thread for the version you are using. See the very first link in the Docker FAQ for the information we will need to better understand your settings.

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

On 12.10.2016 at 1:47 PM, ikosa said:

after 6.2.1 update (from 6.1.9) i migrate to the limstech sync container (from hurricane's) because for a reason that i dont know this time i cant update it from command line to the latest version which is resilio sync.

The problem is my disks wont spindown when sync docker is running, and if i manually spindown my disks they will spinup in a few minutes. When i stop the sync container all disks spindown normally.

Can anybody help me about this issue?

I'm on Unraid 6.5.0 and have the same issue - while the resillio sync container is running, disks won't spin down.

My config is as follows:

image.thumb.png.f52d84772a455e9eb366dadaddda68cc.png

Can anyone help with the issue?

So, I figured out what is keeping my disks spun up...  I have my Plex docker on a disk in my array.  I don't remember what I did to put it there.  How can I move it?  I have a cache disk and so I have the configuration files there, but the docker.img file is still in my array.  If anyone could point me to some instructions for moving, that would really help me out.

10 minutes ago, oconnellc said:

So, I figured out what is keeping my disks spun up...  I have my Plex docker on a disk in my array.  I don't remember what I did to put it there.  How can I move it?  I have a cache disk and so I have the configuration files there, but the docker.img file is still in my array.  If anyone could point me to some instructions for moving, that would really help me out.

Settings - docker - disable the service

Shares - select your shares for where the docker.img lives (defaults to system), and your appdata share.  Set them to be use cache:Prefer

Main - Array Operations - Move Now

When mover is finished, re-enable the docker service

On 10/24/2017 at 4:34 PM, SmallwoodDR82 said:

Using your Sync container.

I have Sync Pro and noticed with the latest update 2.5.9 my scheduler was all wacky when it would sync.

I logged into the docker and when I ran the 'date' command I noticed the time was about 8 hours off.

The TZ="Americas/Los Angeles" is built into the template so I think the problem is with the container it self.

Also noticed this in the log file of the container.

dpkg-query: package 'tzdata' is not installed and no information is available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: tzdata is not installed
*** /etc/my_init.d/config.sh failed with status 1

What can I do to help?  I'd love to get my scheduler back on the correct date/time.

Thanks!

This is still an issue with the latest sync update.

Could someone please look into it?

Thanks

Is there a up to date tutorial for transcoding in RAM with this docker?

I only found an old solution and im not sure if it works that way still.

Do i n eed plex pass for it?

edit:

seems like 

is still working

Is there a way to test? I testet transcode, which does work, RAM gets a little higher, so my guess is it works.

Edited by nuhll
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone else today have plex become unresponsive?  specifically, you cannot load it, stating plex is unreachable.  Plex logs show nothing, system logs show nothing.  Only thing I can point to us plex auto updating docker.

checking to see if I'm not alone in this today .

Accessing this locally as well. 192.168.x.x not over the public internet. 

Plex is not reachable.

Make sure your server has an internet connection and any firewalls or other programs are set to allow access.

I resolved my issue by following instructions from this link.

https://quickbox.io/knowledgebase/setting-up-an-ssh-tunnel-for-plex/

This needs to be done from your local computer.

1. Open PuTTY, enter your server IP address in the hostname and SSH port. Or, if you already have your server session setup and saved, just load the existing session.
  2. Go to “Connection > SSH > Tunnels“.
  3. Fill in “Source port” as “8888 and “Destination” as localhost:32400.
  4. Press the “Add” button.
  5. Now navigate back to the session homepage and press the “Save” button and then “Open” to connect to your server.

Open a web browser from your local computer and navigate to http://localhost:8888/web <– type this is your browser exactly.

You will see a notice such as this appear when you first go to your plex localhost link:
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup and add your media library.

Now you can access your media libraries from all of your devices at http://YOUR_SERVER_IP:32400 .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my server is notifying me there is an update and i have downloaded update but says need to be installed manually.....how do i do that ???? any help, it says in my docker container its up to date if i hit force update i still get alarm within plex there is an update, any help would be appreciated 

2 hours ago, coblck said:

Hi my server is notifying me there is an update and i have downloaded update but says need to be installed manually.....how do i do that ???? any help, it says in my docker container its up to date if i hit force update i still get alarm within plex there is an update, any help would be appreciated 

Oops, wrong thread. 

Limetech should build a new image with the latest plex and then you'll see the update on unraid gui

Edited by aptalca
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm running this PlexMediaServer docker for the first time; i've succesfully added tvshows from my tvseries share, now i want to add a library for my movies share (which contains only Bluray and UHD ISO's and BDMV folder structures, but it will only add 5 movies... there are about a 130. I've already ran the new permissions tool, thinking it might be that, but it doesnt help.

I've read about the movie names being named wrong, the name should contain a year? But plex adds existing movies without a year in its name correctly, and others which contain a year, it skips.

What am i missing here?

• Squid unpinned this topic