[support] limetech's docker repository

1. plex doesnt recognize all file types like dvdrs, if you have such media, you need to convert it. (or download correct releases which are addable to plex)

2. its advised to use /MOVIES/MOVIENAME  YEAR/MOVIENAME YEAR.mp4

Most important step is that you need to put all your movie files into a seperate folder with the movie name, should be enaught, if he cant automatic see what movie it is, you can manual change it.

Edited by nuhll
10 hours ago, jowi said:

Like i said, the media are bluray and UHD ISO's and BDMV structures. No mp4 or dvd's. Just copies of actual Bluray's and UHD's. Each in a separate folder.

I guess Plex can't handle bluray/UHD ISO's or BDMV structures?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201426506-why-are-iso-video-ts-and-other-disk-image-formats-not-supported/

Basically, no.  Plex doesn't support those structures.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, jowi said:

Ok... so this renders plex usesless for me then.

One of the core points of Plex is that it offers media on a common interface.  As a consequence, the custom interfaces of each disc need stripping out, leaving just the media (which can be in an uncompressed format of equal quality to a straight rip).  Otherwise you'd be trying to play a BluRay on an iPhone/iPad/Android tablet/Chromecast/Smart TV App, etc.

I don't know whether mymovies.dk is any good for what you need.  Otherwise you'll need to bit the bullet and convert your existing media.

Converting is an option for simple movies, but half of the disks are tv series blurays, which contain multiple episodes, which will become 4 or 5 separate MKV's (and it takes a lot of work to rename them chronologically... stream 1 is episode 5, stream 4 is episode 3 etc) , or are music/concert bluray's, where you either create on huge mkv for the whole concert or make mkv's for each song. So converting is not really an option.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, francrouge said:

Hi all

I just tried to connect to my plex and I got no library anymore.

They habe been deleted.. no one has acces to my plex.

What can i do ?

What do you mean by your "library"? Do you mean the plex database that references all of your media? Or do you mean the actual media files?

Is anything else broken?

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete zip.

Also, post your docker run command as explained here:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

On 6/12/2018 at 8:09 AM, trurl said:

What do you mean by your "library"? Do you mean the plex database that references all of your media? Or do you mean the actual media files?

Is anything else broken?

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete zip.

Also, post your docker run command as explained here:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

Hi 

I now know why it happed I think ive been hacked in someway.

I got a bunch of ransomeware file in appdata

I don't know how 

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks, can anyone point me to a tutorial or something on this?  I installed it from the community apps, and I added a path where my movies are, not sure if I-m doing things right.

The thing is once I install it and it is running, on my TV app "Plex Server" appears, and with the name I gave to it (Just standards, "Tower" for now), but I get three options in my app, Video, Music, and Photo, and my movies don't show up anywhere :(

What step am I missing..?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, walterg74 said:

Hi Folks, can anyone point me to a tutorial or something on this?  I installed it from the community apps, and I added a path where my movies are, not sure if I-m doing things right.

The thing is once I install it and it is running, on my TV app "Plex Server" appears, and with the name I gave to it (Just standards, "Tower" for now), but I get three options in my app, Video, Music, and Photo, and my movies don't show up anywhere :(

What step am I missing..?

Thanks!

You still have to create your libraries within Plex, and point them to the container path you added for your movies (probably something like /movies)

3 hours ago, Squid said:

You still have to create your libraries within Plex, and point them to the container path you added for your movies (probably something like /movies)

Thanks, I figured it out. 

I suspected that part, but I wasnt’t creating the container paths, and in the web gui there was nothing to add ?

3 hours ago, Squid said:

So stupid question.. while trying to get it to work, I added my entire “movies”share as 1 container. 

1) I think I have some movies in different formats, yet they only appear once under all movies. Is there away around this, or would I have to recreate it properly per my own sub-divisions?

2) In case I remove a library folder, would it delete everything leaving it clean? (All artwork, metadata, etc?)

3) Would it be better to follow my share structure? (I have a share called “Movies”, and whithin it 4 folders: HD movies, SD movies, UHD movies and 3D movies)

4) Partly due to my experience with the movies I added, and also to be sure how it will turn out, how would it handle TV Shows? (I have a TV shows share, and within it one folder por each show, and within those one folder per season). 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this and I apologize if this is not the right place for this question.  I'm running a Plex Docker on Unraid and trying to find a way to get a list os the movies i have in my library. I've seen some references to Plex Media Scanner but I'm unable to locate anything like that with my system. Is there someway of producing this list? 

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, csmccarron said:

Does anyone know what happened to the TeamSpeak 3 server from LinuxServer.io?

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/gsm-ts3/

It is gone!

Chris

Why did you post that question in this support thread which has absolutely nothing to do with linuxserver? Have you tried looking at the support thread for that docker?

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/41910-support-linuxserverio-teamspeak-3/?tab=comments#comment-412033&searchlight=1

7 minutes ago, csmccarron said:

Sorry, any other good teamspeak dockers out there similar to linuxserver.io?

Click the link I gave you to their locked support thread.

Then click the link they gave you to their blog explaining why they deprecated it.

There you will find yet another link to the "official" teamspeak docker. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Squid unpinned this topic