[support] limetech's docker repository

10 hours ago, Squid said:

Via the Post Arguments field on the template

Could you point me out to the correct syntax ? I was only able to found <ExtraParams> </ExtraParams> that adds Extra Parameters, however i was not able to find the correct syntax for Post Arguments.

8 hours ago, Kurisu said:

Could you point me out to the correct syntax ? I was only able to found <ExtraParams> </ExtraParams> that adds Extra Parameters, however i was not able to find the correct syntax for Post Arguments.

Use the GUI.  Manually editing xml is fraught with problems.

image.thumb.png.4178fdf9ba17cd8a2b1ce1572eff5e5b.png

• 3 weeks later...

I am having an issue with Plex, yesterday I added some new movies, normally Plex regularly scans and updates shows and movies, I can then alter the cover art. It has added only 11 movies, of those 11, three or four I am unable to even edit, the rest won't update cover art, plex says it is downloading meta data for them, I can edit them, select match, select the right match for the movie but nothing happens. I am on unRAID 6.7 and plex version is the latest.

It looks like I might have corruption in my plex database, how can I remove plex, the database, everything, and add it back and start over?

Edited by ashman70

loading libraries stopped working completely today for unknown reasons with the messages below:

"There was an unexpected error loading the dashboard" and "There was an unexpected error loading this library"

cleaned bundle and optimize database did not solve. tried creating a new library without succeeding, and removing it seems to not work also. first time having an issue with plex in four months now. any idea how to fix this would be appreciated.

log is attached,

cheers

Plex Media Server Logs_2019-05-25_14-57-59.zip

On 5/25/2019 at 8:05 AM, iilied said:

loading libraries stopped working completely today for unknown reasons with the messages below:

"There was an unexpected error loading the dashboard" and "There was an unexpected error loading this library"

cleaned bundle and optimize database did not solve. tried creating a new library without succeeding, and removing it seems to not work also. first time having an issue with plex in four months now. any idea how to fix this would be appreciated.

log is attached,

cheers

Plex Media Server Logs_2019-05-25_14-57-59.zip 1.54 MB · 0 downloads

Looking at your logs, your database is corrupted. Line 302 of your "Plex Media Server.log" file you will see:

May 25, 2019 14:57:19.398 [0x7f7fa8f2b700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 65066 of [bf8c1b2b7a]

This started with my server on May 12th, after updating unRaid from 6.6.7 to 6.7.0. I fought with it for a week, and the only fix I could find was going back to unRaid 6.6.7. I have tried the limetech, plexinc and linuxserver Docker containers, and all three get the same error, anywhere from five minutes to a few hours after installing Plex.

I uninstalled Plex, deleted it's folder on appdata, rebooted my unRaid server, and reinstalled Plex several times a day, trying to isolate the problem, but nothing seemed to fix it. On May 20th, I went back to unRaid 6.6.7 and have been running for a week with no errors.

I don't know if it's unRaid or Plex causing the problem, but I have everything working for me, so I'll stick with unRaid 6.6.7 until I know for sure that this problem has been addressed and fixed.

• Like 1
On 5/27/2019 at 1:13 AM, ksman75 said:

Looking at your logs, your database is corrupted. Line 302 of your "Plex Media Server.log" file you will see:

May 25, 2019 14:57:19.398 [0x7f7fa8f2b700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 65066 of [bf8c1b2b7a]

This started with my server on May 12th, after updating unRaid from 6.6.7 to 6.7.0. I fought with it for a week, and the only fix I could find was going back to unRaid 6.6.7. I have tried the limetech, plexinc and linuxserver Docker containers, and all three get the same error, anywhere from five minutes to a few hours after installing Plex.

I uninstalled Plex, deleted it's folder on appdata, rebooted my unRaid server, and reinstalled Plex several times a day, trying to isolate the problem, but nothing seemed to fix it. On May 20th, I went back to unRaid 6.6.7 and have been running for a week with no errors.

I don't know if it's unRaid or Plex causing the problem, but I have everything working for me, so I'll stick with unRaid 6.6.7 until I know for sure that this problem has been addressed and fixed.

assuming it's irreversible on my end, how would i go about removing plex completely before reinstalling?

cheers

Edited by iilied
3 minutes ago, iilied said:

assuming it's irreversible on my end, how would i go about removing plex completely before reinstalling?

cheers

• Delete the Plex Docker
  • Go to your Appdata share and delete the Plex folder - that's where all of its data is (exact name of the folder depends on how you've set it up) (although I'd just rename it for now rather than deleting it altogether, personally)
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Cessquill said:
  • Delete the Plex Docker
  • Go to your Appdata share and delete the Plex folder - that's where all of its data is (exact name of the folder depends on how you've set it up) (although I'd just rename it for now rather than deleting it altogether, personally)

What Cessquill said.

In addition, stop Plex first, rename (preferred) or delete your old Plex folder. Uninstall Plex, reboot your server and reinstall Plex. I took the advice of Q7 at this link, https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md as well.

Q7. I am seeing corruption with the applications database or issues when attempting to run Lidarr/Radarr/Sonarr/Plex/PlexPass, what could be the cause?

A7. Certain applications are not compatible with FUSE, which is part of unRAID, FUSE is used to join or fuse (thus the name) multiple disks together to create a logical view of your media.  The FUSE system is seen when you browse any share with /mnt/user/ in the path, such as /mnt/user/appdata. Due to this limitation certain apps need to have their configuration files defined on a non FUSE share, to do this follow the procedure below:-

Stop the docker container that has the issues

Left click the icon in the unRAID Web UI and select 'edit'

Click on the toggle to switch to 'Advanced View' (top right)

Scroll down to the path defined for /config and change it:-

from

/mnt/user/appdata/<container name>

to (if you have a cache drive):-

/mnt/cache/appdata/<container name>

or (if you do NOT have a cache drive):-

/mnt/disk<number>/appdata/<container name>

Click on 'apply' to save the change

Check the application is running.

Note:- If you do NOT have a cache drive and you switch to a specific disk then you may need to reconfigure the application from scratch.

Step by Step:

1. Go to Docker and stop Plex.
  2. Go to your appdata folder.
  3. Rename your Plex folder.
  4. Reboot unRaid. Not necessary, but it will insure everything has been flushed and give you a fresh install.
  5. Install Plex. Before you click on "APPLY" and after configuring it to your liking, click of the "Show more settings..." dropdown. This is where you set your Plex folder location.
  6. You will see the default setting, /mnt/user/appdata/<container name>. You want to change this to /mnt/cache/appdata/<container name> if you use a cache drive, or to /mnt/disk<number>/appdata/<container name> if you do not use cache. I don't use cache, so in my case, I changed /config from /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer to /mnt/disk1/appdata/PlexMediaServer.
  7. Now click on "APPLY" and you should be good.

Following the above Step by Step, I've been up for almost 22 hours with no errors, longer than it has ever run since updating to unRaid 6.7.0.  I hope this helps :)

Edited by ksman75
Edited bullit # 6
  • Like 2
On 5/28/2019 at 7:07 AM, ksman75 said:

A7. Certain applications are not compatible with FUSE, which is part of unRAID, FUSE is used to join or fuse (thus the name) multiple disks together to create a logical view of your media. 

FUSE is a Linux subsystem which means "Filesystems in User Space".  The Unraid 'shfs' (share file system) component is what implements the union and is built using FUSE.

That said, any union file system is not going to be fully POSIX compatible.  It would be nice to know what is this new incompatibility, this way we can fix it.

2 minutes ago, limetech said:

FUSE is a Linux subsystem which means "Filesystems in User Space".  The Unraid 'shfs' (share file system) component is what implements the union and is built using FUSE.

That said, any union file system is not going to be fully POSIX compatible.  It would be nice to know what is this new incompatibility, this way we can fix it.

This particular problem seems to be unique to unRaid 6.7.0. After updating from unRaid 6.6.7 to 6.7.0, a lot of people are seeing this error in Plex: "There was an unexpected error loading this library". In the Plex log there will be an entry like this: "May 25, 2019 14:57:19.398 [0x7f7fa8f2b700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 65066 of [bf8c1b2b7a]", and Plex is pretty much dead in the water. 

This happened to me within the first few minutes after updating unRaid from 6.6.7 to 6.7.0, back on May 12th. I fought with it for a full week and finally went back to 6.6.7. During the following week I did more research and was led to believe that the corruption problem occurred with the Plex database when the Plex /config path was on /mnt/user/appdata/plex. By configuring /config to be on a single drive (/mnt/disknumber/appdata/plex) rather than in the share file system (/mnt/user/appdata/plex), the problem wasn't happening.

I can't say that this is a problem with the unRaid 6.7.0 update, or something in Plex. I do know that I've been running unRaid 6.7.0 and Plex for the past 3 days and haven't seen the problem since. I made the change as I outlined above. Specifically, I configured my Plex /config fr4om /mnt/user/appdata/plex to /mnt/disk1/appdata/plex, and I haven't had any more problems.

I hope this helps, and am glad to see someone from Limetech taking interest.

okay, thanks to Cessquill's advice for not deleting plex's appdata, and after reinstalling and rebuilding my entire library again — which i don't mind since it's less than 300 media — i realized plex did take few backups of the previous now-corrupted library, which i believe can be restored by renaming it's extension and deleting the corrupted one. (not tested, thought.)

On 5/28/2019 at 5:07 PM, ksman75 said:

What Cessquill said.

ksman75, this might be of help to you. you can find the backups in '/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases' w/ extension of the date. you might want to give it a try and see where this takes you, since i've already rebuild mine.

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 9.43.10 PM.png

12 minutes ago, iilied said:

okay, thanks to Cessquill's advice for not deleting plex's appdata, and after reinstalling and rebuilding my entire library again — which i don't mind since it's less than 300 media — i realized plex did take few backups of the previous now-corrupted library, which i believe can be restored by renaming it's extension and deleting the corrupted one. (not tested, thought.)

ksman75, this might be of help to you. you can find the backups in '/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases' w/ extension of the date. you might want to give it a try and see where this takes you, since i've already rebuild mine.

Thanks! But I already knew about the backups. Be sure to not delete your newest uncorrupted database. I you restore a corrupted database, you'll be sorry!

Between my movies, music and tv episodes, I have about 10,000 media files. I use the trak.tv plugin in Plex to keep my watched movies and tv episodes in check, so my biggest problem is just the time it takes for Plex to scan my libraries, and to rebuild the metadata and preview/chapter thumbnails. If this fixes my problems, and it's been 3 days now, I'm willing to take that time and have everything back in working order. I mucked around with my database backups so many times that I don't have very much confidence on their integrity at this point. 

Limetech support asked about the problem and I replied with a brief account on what I've seen. Hopefully this will all go away soon, and everyone can go back to being clueless and happy, like I was until 3 weeks ago, lol.

2 hours ago, limetech said:

It would be nice to know what is this new incompatibility

sadly the issue with certain applications not playing nicely with shfs/fuse is not a new incompatibility, in fact the issue (as detailed below) has been a problem for approx 2 years, possibly longer, it maybe more prevalent now perhaps, but its been a pain for a long time.

So the issue seems to affect any application that uses sqlite, im aware of database corruption caused by the sqlite database being located on /mnt/user/ for the following applications (docker containers) lidarr, radarr, sonarr, plex and plexpass, there could be others.

If a user complains of database corruption, especially if they have just setup the container then my first recommendation is to switch to /mnt/cache/appdata (assuming they have a cache drive) instead, this in most cases is the cause and immediately fixes the issue.

2 minutes ago, fluisterben said:

I don't think you understand how this works.

LimeTech maintain their own docker containers and publish templates for them.

What you're asking is you want a template making for an application you want to use, which is a common request, but what you probably don't realise is that a template is just an XML file, anyone can make one for any application. 

Then just add the ports, variables and volumes you need to run the container.  Takes like 5 minutes once you get used to it.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I don't think you understand how this works.

LimeTech maintain their own docker containers and publish templates for them.

What you're asking is you want a template making for an application you want to use, which is a common request, but what you probably don't realise is that a template is just an XML file, anyone can make one for any application. 

Then just add the ports, variables and volumes you need to run the container.  Takes like 5 minutes once you get used to it.

Thanks for the link, I would gladly make a template but just don't have the time. I currently run that docker on another (non unraid) server and simply rsync its cert to the unraid machine via ssh, but I reckon many would love it, since it's rather simple. No fuss with ports and proxies etc.

Also, many forget that LetsEncrypt allows for about 100 names in one cert. Many people I know have switched to using it that way;

1 cert, wildcard domains all in it, move the certs around, voila, you're done.

Edited by fluisterben
5 minutes ago, fluisterben said:

Thanks for the link, I would gladly make a template but just don't have the time. I currently run that docker on another (non unraid) server and simply rsync its cert to the unraid machine via ssh, but I reckon many would love it, since it's rather simple. No fuss with ports etc.

I think you're still missing the point, you're asking LimeTech to make a template for something they don't maintain.  It ain't going to happen, and nobody else is going to do it for you.

I make a lot of the LinuxServer.io templates, it takes literally 5 mins, if you can't take the time to do it, it can't be that important.  Also, the big problem is if someone makes a template for an application they don't use, don't maintain and have no control over.  Who's going to support it?

Some members here make templates like that, but at least they step up to the plate and try and help people out.

You can't sell this as altruism as though you think it'll be useful to people, you want it and can't be bothered to make the template. 

1 hour ago, binhex said:

sadly the issue with certain applications not playing nicely with shfs/fuse is not a new incompatibility, in fact the issue (as detailed below) has been a problem for approx 2 years, possibly longer, it maybe more prevalent now perhaps, but its been a pain for a long time.

So the issue seems to affect any application that uses sqlite, im aware of database corruption caused by the sqlite database being located on /mnt/user/ for the following applications (docker containers) lidarr, radarr, sonarr, plex and plexpass, there could be others.

If a user complains of database corruption, especially if they have just setup the container then my first recommendation is to switch to /mnt/cache/appdata (assuming they have a cache drive) instead, this in most cases is the cause and immediately fixes the issue.

And I can accept incompatibility issues. I've been around too long to take issue with that. I think there are too many people like me, that don't use cache, and go with the default "/mnt/user/appdata/..." and then end up spending a lot of time trying to figure out what went wrong, when an incompatibility pops up. I lucked out and found your unRaid Docker FAQ (https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md), and it set me on the right path. I just hope posting my findings and the link to your FAQ in this thread and a couple of others I've posted to will help others before the damage is done :)

10 hours ago, ksman75 said:

Sadly, my Plex died again.

May 30, 2019 17:09:57.041 [0x14b38a9f4700] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 65066 of [bf8c1b2b7a]

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I'm going back to unRaid 6.6.7.

sorry. using unraid 6.7.0 here, and since reinstalling/rebuilding mine again, it's working fine, as of now.

12 minutes ago, jonp said:

Can anyone using the Plex official Docker Container confirm that this issue affects them as well when using /mnt/user instead of /mnt/cache?

I can tell you that on any of the usual suspects for /mnt/user vs /mnt/cache (plex, sonarr, radarr, etc) I have never had any issues with using /mnt/user (and continue to do this today).  While this is an issue, it does not affect everyone for some unknown reason.

• Squid unpinned this topic