[support] limetech's docker repository

Can anyone using the Plex official Docker Container confirm that this issue affects them as well when using /mnt/user instead of /mnt/cache?
I can confirm it affects the ls.io version upon which the official version is based on.

I see no reason to expect the official one to be any different.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jonp said:

Can anyone using the Plex official Docker Container confirm that this issue affects them as well when using /mnt/user instead of /mnt/cache?

When this first happened to me on May 12th, I spent the following week trying to find a fix, and it happened with the plexinc, linuxserver.io and limetech containers. I didn't try the binhex container, but I would assume it has the same problem.

3 hours ago, jonp said:

I know this will not be very helpful, but, like Squid, I have always used /mnt/user/appdata for Plex and other dockers and have never had any Plex/SQLite database corruption.  I have been running unRAID 6.7.0 since the day it was released. I am using the LSIO Plex docker container and not the Plex official, but, the problem does not seem to be container specific.

Now, having declared that all is well for me in Plex/SQLite land, I will likely start seeing corruption today as the Karma Gods usually can't leave me alone. 😀

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

image.thumb.png.db2581ae5e482e30edf758d19d5ef9ee.png

image.thumb.png.490e6e3d2a761adabbc2e77f659f6f2a.png

Up shot is that maybe at the end of this, someone can tell me why I'm so special (no jokes @CHBMB)

Downshot is after 3 days error free, then crashing, I'm bats%#t crazy, and afraid to update unRaid in fear that the next update will have the same problems. As a side note, last night, I went back to unRaid 6.6.7, but...I deleted the share, appdata, installed a SSD (cache) drive, and configured appdata to use cache only. I restored appdata from a backup, and rebuilt PLEX from scratch. Now I have the conundrum of staying with 6.6.7 or updating to 6.7.0.

11 minutes ago, jonp said:

Has anyone captured anything in their logs related to the corruption?  Either the container logs, the docker logs, or the syslog itself?

On 5/25/2019 at 8:05 AM, iilied said:

loading libraries stopped working completely today for unknown reasons with the messages below:

"There was an unexpected error loading the dashboard" and "There was an unexpected error loading this library"

cleaned bundle and optimize database did not solve. tried creating a new library without succeeding, and removing it seems to not work also. first time having an issue with plex in four months now. any idea how to fix this would be appreciated.

log is attached,

cheers

Plex Media Server Logs_2019-05-25_14-57-59.zip 1.54 MB · 2 downloads

iilied posted his logs from plex. Haven't seen anyone post the syslog or Docker logs. I haven't checked my syslog, but my Docker log wasn't very helpful. Plex either starts normally, or it goes into an infinite loop, something like "Starting Plex Media Server", but Plex never starts.

Pretty sure I'm having the same problem as some are stating since updating to 6.7.0. I updated yesterday and things seemed fine, I added some TV shows and watched them successfully. Then suddenly now my libraries won't load and my log has a repeating error

"...6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support 1000..." over and over. I'm really worried rolling back to 6.6.x won't fix things with the word 'corruption' being used. Will I really have to reinstall and rebuild my PLEX container? I don't have a recent backup of my appdata before this all happened. I'm not sure how you guys keep decent backups, with the size of my metadata and such (bajillions of files) it takes ages just to initialize a copy of my PLEX appdata. Is my current data really corrupted or can it be salvaged/copied to a new container? I have thousands of media files. their watched progress, custom covers and summary entries, renamed archived TV recordings ... I'd probably cry if it's all lost. 

As someone who is a set it and forget it noob, I really feel dumb for updating after all this time ignoring 6.7.0 only to be smacked in the face. This server's only purpose is PLEX. 

Edited by AnyColourYouLike

I had a bad experience going to 6.7.0. Two of my array drives showed up as missing. I rolled back to 6.6.6 and all was well. I will not be updating to 6.7.0.

I would encourage you to roll back as well. There's a good chance nothing was corrupted. But in the event there was, it will be a matter of rebuilding the Plex appdata and not the media files. I realize this may not be a small feat if your library is as large as mine, but it beats the alternative.

I do wish they would test these releases more diligently before making them available.

Dale 

For the people with corrupted Plex db: do you have Marvell controller in your system?

Note that it may be built-in to your motherboard so check your motherboard spec too.

Problem with a controller may also cause data corruption. Not sure if this possibility has been eliminated.

15 hours ago, dchamb said:

I had a bad experience going to 6.7.0. Two of my array drives showed up as missing. I rolled back to 6.6.6 and all was well. I will not be updating to 6.7.0.

The most common cause for disks going missing in unRAID 6.7.0 is that these disks are attached to a Marvell chipset-based controller (PCIe or motherboard).  I believe at least one other user also had problems with an ASMedia-based controller that used to work without issue.  Rolling back to a prior version of unRAID resolved the problem, but, not because there is a bug in unRAID.  The Linux kernel version used in 6.7.0 apparently has different drivers that cause these controllers to break whereas prior kernel version drivers work with these controllers.

Were the drives that went missing by chance attached to the navy blue SATA ports on your motherboard?

I finally upgraded from the trial to the paid version, since my trial expired a couple of weeks.  As soon as I installed the license for Unraid and the array started I started receiving these errors in the Plex logs - any ideas how to solve?

Tower syslog-ng[10]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 16
Jun 15 13:54:08 Tower cron[20]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Jun 15 13:54:08 Tower cron[20]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs -- not system startup)
6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support

1 minute ago, EricCharlotteNC said:

I finally upgraded from the trial to the paid version, since my trial expired a couple of weeks.  As soon as I installed the license for Unraid and the array started I started receiving these errors in the Plex logs - any ideas how to solve?

Tower syslog-ng[10]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 16
Jun 15 13:54:08 Tower cron[20]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Jun 15 13:54:08 Tower cron[20]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs -- not system startup)
6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support

Does Plex work?

1 hour ago, EricCharlotteNC said:

No - plex doesn't work.   No other changes other than applying the license and the array starting again.  Perhaps when the trial expired it corrupted the application?

Just a suggestion, and I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination...

Assuming you're using Docker (you didn't say), and your plex folder is named 'Plex'.

1. Stop plex.
  2. Rename or move the 'plex' folder in appdata.
  3. Uninstall plex.
  4. Reinstall plex.
  5. See if everything is working.

If it is then you have two choices...

1. Sit back and let plex do it's thing. Yeah, I know, a PITA, but this would be my suggestion, or...
  2. Stop plex. Delete (no need keeping it at this point) the 'plex' folder. Rename or move your new 'plex' folder, the one you created in step 4 above, to its original name. Restart plex. You should be back to where you were in step 5 above.

Good Luck :)

7 hours ago, EricCharlotteNC said:

No - plex doesn't work.   No other changes other than applying the license and the array starting again.  Perhaps when the trial expired it corrupted the application?

Did you also update unraid to 6.7.0?

Your issue sounds like mine. It started working after rolling back to 6.6.x and restoring my Plex database from its own automated backup. (Plex Media Server > Plug-in Support > Databases ... the files such as 'com.plexapp.plugins.library.db-2019-X-X' to replace the current corrupted ones)

*edit* More information relating to this occurrence is on the previous page (pg.27) 

Edited by AnyColourYouLike
More info
1 minute ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Did you also update unraid to 6.7.0?

Your issue sounds like mine. It started working after rolling back to 6.6.x and restoring my Plex database from its own automated backup. (db."<a previous date here>")

I rolled back to 6.6.7 on May 31st, and haven't had any problems since then, which should come as no surprise, since the problem seems to follow 6.7.0. I had read that spreading Plex over the array could cause the corruption problem, so I installed a 240gb ssd when I rolled back and set appdata to cache only plus I edited all my docker containers to use /mnt/cache/appdata. To get appdata on to the cache drive, I used MC (midnight commander) to move appdata from all my shares to cache.

I scoff at Triskaidekaphobia so on the 13th, I upgraded to 6.7.0 to see if forcing appdata onto the cache drive would eliminate the corruption problems. So far, I've been lucky, and haven't had any problems. I just hope it lasts, lol. I'll post an update when it crashes again, or in a couple weeks to update my success :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ksman75 said:

So, it's been one full week since my last post, and everything is still running smoothly.It seems that moving appdata to cache/a single dedicated drive may be the fix for Plex corruption.

What file system are you using on your single-disk cache pool?

• Squid unpinned this topic