[support] limetech's docker repository

1 minute ago, limetech said:

How is this different from the config which was failing after update to 6.7.0?

The original Plex config was /mnt/user/appdata/Plex. The new config is /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex. I also changed appdata to be cache only. I won't say this is the solution for everyone, but it is working for me. It's been a week, and I haven't had a single problem. Before making these changes, it would corrupt within hours, if not minutes.

218757537_Untitled1.png.8a2a2a119e8ba1d2fb8102cc0bbfcaa1.png

Untitled.thumb.png.88333d8fa4e81f46f51b8f5a80f1fd30.png

9 minutes ago, ksman75 said:

I also changed appdata to be cache only.

What was it set to before?

also

Was cache also single-device or did you have multi-device pool?

Are all your other plugins/apps exactly the same?  That is, if you were using a backup program, are you still using it?  etc..

btw, thank you for this information!

1 minute ago, limetech said:

What was it set to before?

also

Was cache also single-device or did you have multi-device pool?

Are all your other plugins/apps exactly the same?  That is, if you were using a backup program, are you still using it?  etc..

btw, thank you for this information!

My original configuration didn't use or have cache at all. Plex Config was set to /mnt/user/appdata/plex. Appdata (and all other shares) was configured to not use cache. After updating unRaid to 6.7.0, the database corruption started.

While trying to find a fix, I found this link: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md. Q/A 7 seemed to describe the problem...see below.

I rolled unRaid back to 6.6.7, added a single 240GB SSD cache drive, set appdata to "Cache Only", deleted the Plex folder in appdata, and reinstalled Plex. I ran this configuration for two weeks to make sure it was stable, then updated unRaid to 6.7.0 on June 13th. It has been one week today, running under 6.7.0, and I haven't has a single problem.

I'm running several of the "Community Applications" plug-ins, and several more of the "Dynamix" plug-ins. I haven't made any changes to the plug-ins. I use "CA Backup / Restore" to backup my appdata daily, and haven't made any changes to it either.

Hope this helps...

Q7. I am seeing corruption with the applications database or issues when attempting to run Lidarr/Radarr/Sonarr/Plex/PlexPass, what could be the cause?

A7. Certain applications are not compatible with FUSE, which is part of unRAID, FUSE is used to join or fuse (thus the name) multiple disks together to create a logical view of your media.  The FUSE system is seen when you browse any share with /mnt/user/ in the path, such as /mnt/user/appdata. Due to this limitation certain apps need to have their configuration files defined on a non FUSE share, to do this follow the procedure below:-

1. Stop the docker container that has the issues
  2. Left click the icon in the unRAID Web UI and select 'edit'
  3. Click on the toggle to switch to 'Advanced View' (top right)
  4. Scroll down to the path defined for /config and change it:-

from

/mnt/user/appdata/<container name>

to (if you have a cache drive):-

/mnt/cache/appdata/<container name>

or (if you do NOT have a cache drive):-

/mnt/disk<number>/appdata/<container name>

1. Click on 'apply' to save the change
  2. Check the application is running.

Note:- If you do NOT have a cache drive and you switch to a specific disk then you may need to reconfigure the application from scratch.

1 hour ago, ksman75 said:

My original configuration didn't use or have cache at all. Plex Config was set to /mnt/user/appdata/plex. Appdata (and all other shares) was configured to not use cache.

Above you show 'split level' set to 'auto split any directory' - do you think it was like that before, when you had appdata existing only on array?  Also, do you know if appdata/plex directory specifically existed on multiple array disks?

What I'd like to ask you to do is leave all config exactly the way it is, except, change the Plex appdata mapping from:

/mnt/cache/appdata/plex

to

/mnt/user/appdata/plex

By changing the mapping from /mnt/cache to /mnt/user it should give more information revealing where the problem might be.

Above you show 'split level' set to 'auto split any directory' - do you think it was like that before, when you had appdata existing only on array?  Also, do you know if appdata/plex directory specifically existed on multiple array disks?

Yes, that's how all my shares are configured. Yes, appdata was spread across all 14 of my array drives.

What I'd like to ask you to do is leave all config exactly the way it is, except, change the Plex appdata mapping from:

/mnt/cache/appdata/plex

to

/mnt/user/appdata/plex

Sorry :(. It's not that I don't want to, but I've finally got it working, and don't want to invest any more downtime, in the event it starts failing again. I hope you can understand this from my perspective.

Hello to any Plexusers who do 4K video and/or use GPU accelerated transcoding:

I am a PlexPass user on unRAID server. I am just moving into 4K videos.  After doing a 1st test run, I’m finding that my CPU which can manage 4 or 5 1080 transcodes simultaneously is pretty well tapped at 2 - 4K transcodes. The CPU is an intel E3-1241 v3 and scores 10,000 passmarks.

So that said, I’m now looking at how much my GPU in the PC speeds up the H264/265 encoding when ripping movies and wondering if using GPU hardware acceleration will do the same for transcoding Plex Streaming.  I’ve read the page on the Plex website with some pros/cons and the page suggests what while faster / smoother the use of GPU accelerated encoding can reduce overall quality and create a blurry/blocky look.

I’m looking for some real world feedback on the use of GPU accelerated encoding before going too far down the road with my server. I would have to purchase the GPU and replace my MB to make this work (one slot short) and not wanting to go through that expense if ultimately it will degrade the quality that much as it would be a non starter for me. I think this will cost me somewhere between $275-350 do, but going to an E5 processor would be far worse.  I also know implementing this in unRAID has an additional set of complexities and will work on those separately.  I have some bookmarked pages I need to read before bothering to ask any questions on that front.

1. Does the use of GPU encoding make a difference that anyone has noticed? Is this driven by the quality of the GPU or is this for all GPU’s in general?
  2. How high end of a GPU do you need to accomplish a meaningful change and not reduce quality? I was thinking an nVidea GTX 1050 or 1060, thoughts?
  3. Am I understanding correctly that Plex either only uses GPU or CPU for encoding, not both?
  4. Does the use of GPU accelerated transcoding affect how Plex DVR works?
  5. Any other thoughts based on your experience that I should know or consider before going down this road?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, 

New unRaid Plex user running into an issue. 

I'm trying to add my libraries to the Plex server. When I go to select folders and browse to /mnt, its empty. My share is located /mnt/user/Media. However, in the Plex server gui, /mnt is empty. In fact, all root level folders are empty. 

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Thanks.

Here's the docker run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'limetech/plex' 
35c329cdd6383bd03c84f10b9a57130ed4d1102ae2cf9d5d8af77dfacb924eae

And log contents:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
Jun 23 16:12:37 n3supernas syslog-ng[11]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'

Jun 23 16:12:38 n3supernas syslog-ng[11]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 17
Jun 23 16:12:38 n3supernas cron[21]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Jun 23 16:12:38 n3supernas cron[21]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support

20 minutes ago, itlists said:

Hello, 

New unRaid Plex user running into an issue. 

I'm trying to add my libraries to the Plex server. When I go to select folders and browse to /mnt, its empty. My share is located /mnt/user/Media. However, in the Plex server gui, /mnt is empty. In fact, all root level folders are empty. 

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

You don't want to use /mnt. When you install Plex you have the following screen...

plex.thumb.png.eb41cde254b60bfd3990d3c639552134.png

Notice the three in red? These are the paths you want to use in Plex. You want /Movies for your movies, /TV for your TV shows, /Music for your music, etc. I add a path "/user1" that points to /mnt/user/media where all my media folders are. On my system, Plex looks like...

plex1.png.b79eef94fd9a004dd0f4f8b02c426cda.png

On my system, it looks like this...

plex2.png.dd4d6cab0f4ecbb55eeae39db1d25a20.png

I hope this helps :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, itlists said:

This is what I see when editing the plex docker:

image.thumb.png.4ded17c39b6b665301cbd12bee70ad4d.png

I'm using the linuxserver.io container. You're using the Limetech container. Not a big difference. Limetech has less options to screw up, LOL. At the bottom of your screen you have the "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" option. Click on that and you can add the path(s) you need, pointing to your actual media. It'll look like the next screenshot. The "Config Type" defaults to "Path", so leave it. "Name" can be anything you want. "Container Path" is what you'll see in Plex. Be sure to have the leading slash. "Host Path" is a drop down you can use to drill down to the path on your array path. If it helps, it's very similar to mapping a network drive in windows. You want to map your host path (/mnt/user/whatever) to a local path (/mymedia in this example) that Plex will see.

plex4.png.ee784248a321c1e1db68d0d1ebf8d9c7.png

• Like 2

Ok, I believe I am asking for the right thing, still a newb with unraid and how dockers and stuff work. Any chance the plex docker get updated to 1.16.1.1291 soon. Plex just had a major update to this version. Live guide data was changed to a new provider with this update. 

Ok, I believe I am asking for the right thing, still a newb with unraid and how dockers and stuff work. Any chance the plex docker get updated to 1.16.1.1291 soon. Plex just had a major update to this version. Live guide data was changed to a new provider with this update. 
If you want to always run the latest, greatest, (and occasionally bug ridden) version of Plex, then you should instead ru the version from linuxserver.io

Sent from my NSA monitored device

Well in this circumstance it's  a necessity to me. I use plex to record ota programming. It's my understanding that you can ONLY receive new epg data with the newest version of plex 1.16.1 and up. It's not that I have to run the latest and greatest.  I've been running limetechs docker for about a year and only updated twice in that time. Just the fact that a key functionality that I depend on is now broken, that's the reason I'm asking.

I keep getting the following errors:

2019-07-01 23:22:01,309 (7fc7597af700) :  DEBUG (networking:166) - Requesting 'https://api.thetvdb.com/series/267440/images'
2019-07-01 23:22:01,414 (7fc7597af700) :  ERROR (networking:219) - Error opening URL 'https://api.thetvdb.com/series/267440/images'

Was there something changed in the docker recently to create 219 networking errors?  Per the github for this specific scanner, this is docker related:

`https://api.thetvdb.com/series/283998/actors, headers: {'Accept-Language': 'en', 'Content-type': 'application/json', 'User-agent': 'Plex/HAMA'}, HEADERS_TVDB: {'Authorization': u'Bearer eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJleHAiOjE1NjE2ODk0ODQsImlkIjoiSEFNQSIsIm9yaWdfaWF0IjoxNTYxNjAzMDg0fQ.roUzswBkqBMKpJ9w2-kTP9cWpJb-H56ztIvpIv2Q4EKTuMDIVOSwmWr2XKuOODlp_E7xEZh52cRgqo88oRh0i6cb5h6fvmtPYOlPn-u_EzMobtOTt7thoHfDIGXhZGgXhKWMhcoEYiUK8UFAon4UH62G4dXLaGGZpnHKYpv3eHgsVxSlxffryocRdflYhs8r43qermZiE1IZsHnAUx3oN87vleq7CZCgDooplUwLvyvs3u6U6V3d7Dj2Qbrq5iN_29WcPeKJFnjnIfjMxBweM_ilYJZIUkAvBk7r6dlfRTaSJ7QBc6DMtwg65nOgr4iROeFs0Q3TJY_3mK5N7QBK_Q'}

url; 'https://api.thetvdb.com/series/81472/actors'
Headers: {'Accept-Language': 'en', 'Content-type': 'application/json', 'User-agent': 'Plex/HAMA'}
HEADERS_CORE = {'User-agent': 'Plex/HAMA', 'Content-type': 'application/json'}

No authentication in header, as if line 397 the tvdb test failed, make no sense...
headers=UpdateDict(headers, HEADERS_TVDB if url.startswith(https://api.thetvdb.com') else HEADERS_CORE

https://github.com/ZeroQI/Hama.bundle/issues/322

com.plexapp.agents.hama.log Plex Media Scanner.log Plex Media Server.log

• 2 weeks later...

I am very new to unraid and am hoping mainly to run plex on it.  I have installed the docker numerous times all with short term sucess. Once i open the plex gui and load my libraries, it start loading posters and everything seems great then I am refused connection and cant access it. 

I have tried a couple fixes. the first was to add the s for the secure path. this didnt change anything

Lastly I have done a fix posted above to change my app data port to  /mnt/disk1/Plex3  this fix seemed to keep it running the longest and i thought it was fixed but after about an hour broke again. Not sure if this is corruption as mentioned above???

Anyone know what is wrong? What do you need from me?? Help Plz I really like the idea of unRaid so i can slowly add disks and still have parity safety but if i cant run plex this isn't gonna matter for me!!!!

Though not full now, the fact that you have a 50G docker image makes me suspect you have been filling your docker image and increased it trying to fix the problem. That won't fix anything, it will just take longer to fill. 20G should be more than enough if you have your applications configured correctly.

• Squid unpinned this topic