[support] limetech's docker repository

On 7/2/2019 at 12:05 AM, Squid said:

If you want to always run the latest, greatest, (and occasionally bug ridden) version of Plex, then you should instead ru the version from linuxserver.io

Sent from my NSA monitored device

It's not too much to just politely ask, right? I'm also curious when we can get the new version on this Docker image, since now my EPG is not working anymore. I did manage to work around it with an EPG-XML grabber and using that but it's far from perfect...

So, as politely as I can: can we have an estimate on when we can expect a new version?

9 hours ago, trurl said:

Though not full now, the fact that you have a 50G docker image makes me suspect you have been filling your docker image and increased it trying to fix the problem. That won't fix anything, it will just take longer to fill. 20G should be more than enough if you have your applications configured correctly.

No,  outta all the times ive tried removing and reinstalling different dockers i have never even come close to filling it I just was playing with different attempts to fix and set this bigger. 

On 7/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, Squid said:

If you want to always run the latest, greatest, (and occasionally bug ridden) version of Plex, then you should instead ru the version from linuxserver.io

Sent from my NSA monitored device

On 7/12/2019 at 3:14 AM, Pim Bliek said:

It's not too much to just politely ask, right? I'm also curious when we can get the new version on this Docker image, since now my EPG is not working anymore. I did manage to work around it with an EPG-XML grabber and using that but it's far from perfect...

So, as politely as I can: can we have an estimate on when we can expect a new version?

On 7/1/2019 at 6:20 PM, lordofiron said:

Well in this circumstance it's  a necessity to me. I use plex to record ota programming. It's my understanding that you can ONLY receive new epg data with the newest version of plex 1.16.1 and up. It's not that I have to run the latest and greatest.  I've been running limetechs docker for about a year and only updated twice in that time. Just the fact that a key functionality that I depend on is now broken, that's the reason I'm asking.

I prefer running stable code. plus needing Version 1.16.1.1291 as currently my plex (Version 1.16.0.1226) can't populate EPG and wont record anything.. quite frustrating)

Edited by trurl
merged identical replies

Ok it went down again. I have againg removed docker, and removed appdata folder. I have reinstalled it and its running again. Looking for opinions 

1. would getting a ssd for the cache drive fix this??

2. could this be a hardware issue on my end? Thinking about building a new server but don't wish to if it isn't the issue

Again any suggestions would be appreciated in fixing this issue.

tower-diagnostics-20190712-0034.zip Plex Tuner Service.log

7 hours ago, golfgod33 said:

1. would getting a ssd for the cache drive fix this??

Whilst others will be able to advise on your specific problem, I personally wouldn't consider running dockers without a cache drive.  If you've got a SATA port, the price of a 250GB (or 120) is so low now, it's a no-brainer.

I haven't run without one, so can't comment directly, but a lot of these issues seem to stem from running dockers from the array.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:55 PM, huntjules said:

I prefer running stable code. plus needing Version 1.16.1.1291 as currently my plex (Version 1.16.0.1226) can't populate EPG and wont record anything.. quite frustrating)

May I ask any news please. As Plex have been naughty in taking out a crucial feature from their stable release. and making that only available on their Pass release. Will Limetech look to release the  1.16.2.1321 anytime soon please?

Any word on when the Plex Docker will be updated? 1.16.2.1321 has been up for what seems like a while, and I"m having some issues with the DVR Guide updating.  I'm not sure it's related but would be nice to get on the current version as they usually want you there before giving you much tech support.

If anyone else can't update their DVR guide or has any ideas how to troubleshoot, please let me know.

Sometime in the past few days the guide quit refreshing. The furthest out programming I have is Wednesday this week, 7/24.

When I click refresh on the guide is says “initializing” for a few minutes and then it just goes away and stops. The progress never climbs above 0% and then it just stops.

I ran the guide refresh with the verbose debug long running (attached).

partial verbose log.docx

This is my issue, and I see it was already noted above so sorry for not reading ahead. 

However, The DVR is basically non-functional until the new version is added.  Please advise when the new update and be rolled out.

Edited by TODDLT
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Boldly_Goes said:

My Plex is still 1.16.0.1226 as of today and no update appears to be available.  My DVR functionality and Live TV is non-functional.  1.16.3.1402 is now released.  When is the next version from Limetech being released and what version will it be?

I asked about a month ago, when I saw that all of us PlexPass subscribers would be losing functionality. No update since then. I went ahead and switched dockers, you probably should as well.

Hi everyone,

Long story short is this: we haven't updated this container in a while primarily for three reasons:

1) we have been hard at work on figuring out a SQLite corruption issue related to Plex

2) we have been working on 6.8

3) Plex has an official docker container available in Community Apps now that they maintain themselves. 

So in short, we will be asking everyone to migrate to the Plex official docker container. We originally created the docker for Plex in the early 6.0 days when there wasn't an alternative at all, but with Plex officially supporting docker themselves, it seems unnecessary and redundant for us to devote developer resources to maintaining our own. 

I am sorry for us not being more proactive in letting the community know our intentions here. 

4 minutes ago, jonp said:

we will be asking everyone to migrate to the Plex official docker container.

I personally don't use plex, so I don't have a stake here, but I would like to request on behalf of the less knowledgeable here that you publish a step by step guide to help people migrate.

Many use this container purely because it was supported by limetech, so to leave them hanging feels wrong.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

publish a step by step guide to help people migrate.

On 7/28/2019 at 2:41 PM, coblck said:

Just point you new docker to yer old plex app data folder and map your media exactly as before.

Due to the more advanced features available in the linuxserver / binhex / Official Plex versions, you really should make a note of your current path mappings, then remove the LT Plex Version, then install the replacement version, set up / add the paths accordingly, and click "Show More Settings", and change the host mapping for /config to match the old appdata storage.

32 minutes ago, jonp said:

we will be asking everyone to migrate to the Plex official docker container.

Moderator Comments: Deprecated in favour of one of the other Plex containers (linuxserver, binhex, or the official Plex container). This does not mean that you have to switch to another version of Plex. Only new installations of this version are blocked.

Dear All,

I am about to migrate from LT Plex container to the official Plex one.

However when I try to remove the old container two options are available:

1. Just the container

2. Container and image.

Which of both options is the one I need as I would like to preserve my library as it is and to avoid scanning it again.

Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, Alexandro said:

Dear All,

I am about to migrate from LT Plex container to the official Plex one.

However when I try to remove the old container two options are available:

1. Just the container

2. Container and image.

Which of both options is the one I need as I would like to preserve my library as it is and to avoid scanning it again.

Thanks in advance.

2nd.  Your library is stored in the appdata share

Unfortunately a no go.

The official docker installed with no errors reported.

The log file shows a clean startup.

The web interface on the usual port is not working while the location of the config files remains the same.

Edited: I am still using the ancient 6.1.9 version of Unraid (do not ask me why). Probably the official version requires the latest Unraid, hence the negative result?

Back to LT Plex (for now).

Edited by Alexandro
additional information

Hi all,

I'm having an issue starting up Plex after trying to fix a database corruption (seems fixed now) according to these instructions by Plex: https://support.plex.tv/articles/201100678-repair-a-corrupt-database/

unRaid version: 6.7.2

Plex Container Version: latest (last updated 2 months ago by the looks of it on Docker Hub)

My container logs are as follows:

*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 16
Aug 15 00:48:52 bsquidwrd-nas cron[20]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Aug 15 00:48:52 bsquidwrd-nas cron[20]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs -- not system startup)
6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support

The last two lines "6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support" and "10000" just get repeated over and over.

I thought this was a permission issue, but when checking permissions on the entire /config/Library folder structure everything is the same and appears to be correct.

• Squid unpinned this topic