[support] limetech's docker repository

10 minutes ago, bcr621 said:

I started in the Plex forums and was advised to post here instead.

lol.  Now that's A1 support on a commercial product

You've got this problem

Dec  9 20:04:42 server-pc kernel: ata5.00: disabled

followed by a million errors of

Dec 11 08:50:44 server-pc kernel: sd 5:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#8 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x04 driverbyte=0x00
Dec 11 08:50:44 server-pc kernel: sd 5:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#8 CDB: opcode=0x85 85 06 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 e5 00

The drive dropped offline (possibly due to cabling being loose, etc)

Is this an unassigned device or something (ST3000DM001-1CH166_Z1F24MMQ ), as its not assigned to the array so far as I can tell.

Edited by Squid
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently replaced my cache drive.  I use CA Backup/Restore and it worked great.  Everything came back and working.  So I thought until I tried to load a movie.  Now when I try to play a movie, Plex reports that the file is unavailable.  However the file is there and playable via SMB no issues.

TV episodes play no problem.  Music plays not problem.  I looked at a couple dozen movies.  I found one that didn't have the red 'unavailable' indicator.

Screenshot of plex reporting "unavailable", file is located in a proper share (via SMB) and being played with VLC attached.

I've retired rebuilding the metadata for that movie, but didn't make any difference (didn't think it would since its just the info about the movie...).  Any other ideas on how do diagnose this issue?

2017-12-20_23-23.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been searching for some answers on utilizing BitTorrent Sync for Unassigned Devices and wondered if someone could clear a few questions up for me?

1. Can you use BitTorrent Sync to backup files to the main array?
  2. If so, will the array stay spun down until it is activated to add changes to the file structure? Or does the array need be active constantly when it is set as a destination folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Twisted said:

I am not trying to report an error. I am looking for a setup guide.

I didn't think you were trying to report an error. I thought you were trying to get help with the docker. You have to help us help you. Here is the first link in that other post I pointed you to:

I did read the link you sent over. There is nothing to share yet, as I do not know how to setup he Docker. I am trying to find a guide. I can only find older guides that show how to set up previous versions of the Docker. I tried the new version on my own and do not see how to point to a drive. I am sure I am missing a step, so I was posting for setup help.

11 minutes ago, Twisted said:

I did read the link you sent over. There is nothing to share yet, as I do not know how to setup he Docker. I am trying to find a guide. I can only find older guides that show how to set up previous versions of the Docker. I tried the new version on my own and do not see how to point to a drive. I am sure I am missing a step, so I was posting for setup help.

Go to that first link I gave you, which is the complete Docker FAQ. In particular, pay attention to the topics in the "Getting Started" section. Once you understand those you will be able to setup most dockers.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, oconnellc said:

I just logged in to the Plex Server interface and I see a message that there is an update to my version of Plex Media Server.  I assume that I should ignore that and keep using the 'Check for Updates' button on the 'Docker' page of my Unraid server admin, correct?

correct

3 minutes ago, bryann816a said:

is there a reason why nobody is maintaining the plex docker? its been 2 months since an update. they release builds so often. i can no longer keep up with the changelogs. can someone please push for the latest plex update?

If you always want to run the latest and greatest Plex (which seems to have an update for it every minute or so), then switch to the LinuxServer flavour of Plex.

3 minutes ago, bryann816a said:

is there a reason why nobody is maintaining the plex docker? its been 2 months since an update. they release builds so often. i can no longer keep up with the changelogs. can someone please push for the latest plex update?

Many people are using the linuxserver.io plex docker. It always gets the latest plex.

is there a reason the docker isnt being updated? i dont want to lose my metadata. have alot of manual resorting done. tried to migrate. has not gone well for me. using this one at the moment. just dont like that the official limetech docker is so far behind. i wanted the exoplayer update. it fixes the network errors that occur randomly.

7 minutes ago, bryann816a said:

is there a migration guide? an easy way to use the existing appdata? tried pointing the linuxserver paths to my existing plex appdata folder. did not work for me.

Post your docker run command as explained in the first link of the Docker FAQ: https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

You should be able to just edit the docker and change the Repository (after backing up your plex appdata just in case).

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

Post your docker run command as explained in the first link of the Docker FAQ: https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

You should be able to just edit the docker and change the Repository (after backing up your plex appdata just in case).

so basically go into my existing plex build and change the repo to linuxservers? my plex server is already up and running. i assume i just input the web address for the linuxserver repo in the edit page?

Edit: thanks for the help. very much appreciated!

Edited by bryann816a
thanks
3 hours ago, Squid said:

If you always want to run the latest and greatest Plex (which seems to have an update for it every minute or so), then switch to the LinuxServer flavour of Plex.

I don't.  I'm fine waiting for the Lime docker to get updated.  I don't have any issues with my current installation and there isn't any functionality (that I know of) that I'm eager to start using.  I'm happy with the current level of 'service', especially given that it was free to me.  I guess I'm just curious to know if someone is maintaining the Lime version of the Docker?  Eventually, there will be a security patch that I should have or something else equally important and I want to know if someone is, even if it is moving very slowly, maintaining the Docker.

Thanks for your help!

9 hours ago, oconnellc said:

I don't.  I'm fine waiting for the Lime docker to get updated.  I don't have any issues with my current installation and there isn't any functionality (that I know of) that I'm eager to start using.  I'm happy with the current level of 'service', especially given that it was free to me.  I guess I'm just curious to know if someone is maintaining the Lime version of the Docker?  Eventually, there will be a security patch that I should have or something else equally important and I want to know if someone is, even if it is moving very slowly, maintaining the Docker.

Thanks for your help!

well fwiw. the new one is alot more reliable. my streams no longer die on me. loading and strafing through videos is quicker. might have to do with the player update. there are alot of changelogs to read. from a experience standpoint. i no longer suffer dead streams. i dont lose my progress when the stream dies. it picks up exactly where i left it. 

and for those wondering. it is super easy to change to the linuxserver docker. first stop the limetech plex docker. go into community apps. dl the LS version. go into the edit page and, where it says appdata. point it to your existing plexmediaserver file in the appdata folder. add the paths for plex using the plus button at the bottom. it picked everything up nicely. nothing is broken or weird. i made a copy of my appdata folder just in case. and i left the old limetech docker just in case.

also want to say. i looked last night, there seems to be a build staging. there might be an update for you guys. 

• Squid unpinned this topic