Soulseek Dockers

• 4 weeks later...

@realiesHoping you can fix this: Using your container, files downloaded from Soulseek are owned by root:root and not nobody:users. Means I have to go through an extra couple of steps to clean up my "complete" folder when all I really want to do is delete using Explorer/Finder (which obviously isn't possible when the files are owned by root). Thanks!

Edited by ridge
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 5:20 AM, ridge said:

@realiesHoping you can fix this: Using your container, files downloaded from Soulseek are owned by root:root and not nobody:users. Means I have to go through an extra couple of steps to clean up my "complete" folder [...]

As a quick fix you could add a cronjob to regularly do a 'chown -R nobody:users ...' to your complete-directory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried several configuration options and the docker starts (from what the logs tell me) but I cannot access the webGUI.

In the browser tab I get: 

This page isn't working

[my.unraid.ip] didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Is there anything I'm missing?  @realies , @ridge do you see something wrong in my config?

dockerconfig.png

Edited by cen
  • 3 weeks later...

@realies been on the course of trying to setup soulseek since setting up an unraid server around 4 months ago with unsuccessful attempts because of my lack of knowledge of docker, etc. but lately, figured a way of installing soulseek by running your docker cli on unraid terminal (mind my lack of knowledge here, don't know if you're supposed to do that or that's the right way of going about it) and it's finally accessible through [IP]:6080. but few issues arises; one is there's no template that one could edit, as you can see below in the screenshot. hence, one is unable to set paths and whatnots, as @ridge mentioned above. also, ports conflicts with another app (krusader), and unable to change it.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:52 AM, realies said:

also, went thought this but to be honest, didn't know what's what!

would be appreciative if anyone could point me to the right direction of how to go about fixing those issues.

cheers

602053575_ScreenShot2019-05-31at1_53_15PM.png.e5d3f1f6cdd6bacb0bf50f45ff1e48c6.png724478656_ScreenShot2019-05-31at1_53_29PM.thumb.png.8de1cddf6599f54fb33af94b60924d5e.png

@iilied  you can add paths via dockers volume bind option when starting the docker via your cli command. You would have to add every folder you want accessible in the docker via:  -v /mount/path/to/unraid/folder/:/where/to/mount/in/container/  (and for every next folder which should also be accessible you need another  -v /unraid/folder/:/container/folder/ ).

The same works with ports so if you want to change the port the container is available from you would need to add this into your cli command:   -p 5950:5900 (for using 5950 instead of your 6080).

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, cen said:

@iilied  you can add paths via dockers volume bind option when starting the docker via your cli command. You would have to add every folder you want accessible in the docker via:  -v /mount/path/to/unraid/folder/:/where/to/mount/in/container/  (and for every next folder which should also be accessible you need another  -v /unraid/folder/:/container/folder/ ).

The same works with ports so if you want to change the port the container is available from you would need to add this into your cli command:   -p 5950:5900 (for using 5950 instead of your 6080).

Hope that helps.

Zero reason to do this on unRaid.  There's nothing that you can do via the CLI that you cannot do from the Add Container on the docker tab, and by by-passing the template system you may lose functionality in managing the containers via the GUI

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Zero reason to do this on unRaid.  There's nothing that you can do via the CLI that you cannot do from the Add Container on the docker tab, and by by-passing the template system you may lose functionality in managing the containers via the GUI

Yes I know. Which is why I am trying to get it to work via the docker tab (see for example my question a few posts above where maybe you could help me?).

@iilied is trying to get it working in unraid cli so I thought my answer would at least help him.

3 hours ago, cen said:

already know about changing the parameters in cli, and did try that too, yet it did not work. strangely, it works only with 6080. cheers for trying.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:17 AM, cen said:

I've tried several configuration options and the docker starts (from what the logs tell me) but I cannot access the webGUI.

In the browser tab I get: 

Is there anything I'm missing?  @realies , @ridge do you see something wrong in my config?

dockerconfig.png

tried this too, it won't work unless i by-pass the template and run the code through terminal cli w/o changing any line.

2 minutes ago, iilied said:

tried this too, it won't work unless i by-pass the template and run the code through terminal cli w/o changing any line.

If you compare the docker run command returned when you try it via a template vs what you're entering in manually, you'll see whatever mistake there is.

4 hours ago, cen said:

Yes I know. Which is why I am trying to get it to work via the docker tab (see for example my question a few posts above where maybe you could help me?).

okay, for a start, got it running through the template with 6080 and turning the privileged off. that's the only way i was able to get it to work. issues now are changing the ports to any other than 6080 would break webui usage. another, is being unable to delete folders/files written by soulseek. also, soulseek seems to not save its configurations, even after following @realies advise on persistent config.

Edited by iilied
adding another issue
On 3/20/2019 at 10:44 PM, realies said:

@ridge, there's an issue regarding this in the source repository with a discussion on a potential fix, but I have not found time yet to work on it... it will eventually get fixed.

@iiliedI posted about the deleting files/folders issue above, and @realiesreplied with this. For the time being, I took @cen's advice and have a cronjob running that chown -R's the relevant files/folders. I installed the User Scripts plugin, and have a script called chown_soulseek_complete which has this in it:

#!/bin/bash
find /mnt/user/musicsort/soulseek/complete/ -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
find /mnt/user/musicsort/soulseek/complete/ -type f -exec chmod 666 {} \;

I run that every 10 minutes by setting the schedule to Custom and entering */10 * * * * in the box that appears.

It's a temporary solution until @realiesfixes the underlying problem.

My port is running on 6080 so I can't help with that issue. And the save configurations problem is one I solved by following the instructions, so can't help you there either.

Edited by ridge
7 minutes ago, ridge said:

@iiliedI posted about the deleting files/folders issue above, and @realiesreplied with this. For the time being, I took @cen's advice and have a cronjob running that chown -R's the relevant files/folders. I installed the User Scripts plugin, and have a script called chown_soulseek_complete which has this in it:

#!/bin/bash
find /mnt/user/musicsort/soulseek/complete/ -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
find /mnt/user/musicsort/soulseek/complete/ -type f -exec chmod 666 {} \;

I run that every 10 minutes by setting the schedule to Custom and entering */10 * * * * in the box that appears.

It's a temporary solution until @realiesfixes the underlying problem.

My port is running on 6080 so I can't help with that issue. And the save configurations problem is one I solved by following the instructions, so can't help you there either.

cheers for this, will give it a shot. and would you care to elaborate on which instructions you followed to fix configurations issue?

On 9/24/2018 at 7:33 PM, realies said:

It's in the answer on that link. But essentially, you need to go to Options > General in Soulseek itself and set "Save client data every __ minutes" to a value that makes sense to you. I have it set to 60 minutes. Then it'll save config every hour and all will be well.

Edited by ridge
1 hour ago, ridge said:

@cen I'm sorry I didn't see your question. Try turning privileged off and running it. That's really the only difference I see between your config and mine.

@ridge thank you for the tip. Nope, doesn't change. The docker starts as the log says it all started sucessfully but the webpage does not load. I tried with port 6080 and priviledged turned on and also turned off. Really don't know why this shouldn't work. Is there something from the bash inside the docker I could maybe check? The krusader docker ist stopped and on it the port 6080 works well for the vnc part. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@iilied, you might want to reduce the auto-save period to a lower value than the default 60 to make Soulseek save its config.

@ridge, just pushed an new build allowing for correct ownership using the pgid/puid environment variable pattern. Volume mount mapping and File Sharing settings within Soulseek need to be updated.

Edited by realies

@realies, yes. I tried several ports thinking I maybe got something wrong. Removed, updated and reconfigured the container several times. Just tried it again with @iilied hint of port 6080 and unprivileged.

It starts sucessfully with the unraid GUI saying:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='soulseek' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -p '6080:5900/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/soulseek/config/':'/home/soulseek/config/':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/ST3000LM016-1N217V_W800VAT4/downloads/Soulseek/Music/':'/home/soulseek/Music/':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/ST3000LM016-1N217V_W800VAT4/downloads/Soulseek/Downloads/':'/home/soulseek/Downloads/':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/soulseek/SoulseekQt/':'/home/soulseek/.SoulseekQt/':'rw' 'realies/soulseek' 

5294c3a22ba9938fc294c00758d625b92c2cef4605dd8702d9ca4284d18ef24e

The command finished successfully!

If in the unraid docker menu I click on the symbol and WebUI it sends me to [unraid.ip]:5950 (which leads to connection refused) even though I configured 6080. If I then manually go to [unraid.ip]:6080 it gives me the  "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE".

Is there any way via CLI inside the docker I can check what is going wrong?  

Accessing the other docker has been working perfectly for years (on port 9099).

The other krusader docker on port 6080 is stopped and not running.