Soulseek Dockers

13 hours ago, realies said:

@cen you might have swapped the container/host ports.

https://docs.docker.com/config/containers/container-networking/

Also, the folder mapping seems wrong. Please refer to the README.

I adjusted the folder mapping according to the README.

Argh, thanks for the hint! I hadn't seen that the container needed 6080 and thought it needed 5900 published. The ports were really swapped in my config (sorry for being so blind). 

It works now and I have access.  

On 2/6/2020 at 5:38 AM, realies said:

you might want to reduce the auto-save period to a lower value than the default 60 to make Soulseek save its config.

cheers for pushing the new update, but i don't see any changes regarding the ownership of the files even after adding key variables. also, soulseek settings are maintained as long as i don't edit the docker‘s template. any edit on the template, soulseek loses all configurations and have to resort to importing last saved config data and re-login. like mentioned before, the appdata config path appears to be empty.

3 hours ago, iilied said:

cheers for pushing the new update, but i don't see any changes regarding the ownership of the files even after adding key variables. also, soulseek settings are maintained as long as i don't edit the docker‘s template. any edit on the template, soulseek loses all configurations and have to resort to importing last saved config data and re-login. like mentioned before, the appdata config path appears to be empty.

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Changed a path folder and after applying the changes it restarted the docker and I had to reconfigure shares, login and the friends-list was empty  (next time I should remember to export and save those settings and lists). 

On 2/11/2020 at 7:16 AM, DontWorryScro said:

is there a step by step guide for the newbiest of newbs to get soulseek up and running on an unraid docker container?

you can start with the following:

dockers > add container > (see below)

1600413862_ScreenShot2020-02-12at7_49_21PM.thumb.png.2221337e2b198e65c520ad79eeed2ba5.png

and then hit apply. you‘ll see it with other containers on the main page. keep in mind there are some issues in regards to folder privilege and other aforementioned problems. but this is a good place to start.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:41 AM, cen said:

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Changed a path folder and after applying the changes it restarted the docker and I had to reconfigure shares, login and the friends-list was empty  (next time I should remember to export and save those settings and lists). 

Confirmed. Config settings are no longer saving. (My bad, had a typo in my own settings when I was messing with the PUID/PGID stuff).

However, it seems like the PUID and PGID variables don't work, even when adding properly.

Edited by ridge

Here's the config I have which is working as far as paths, saving between restarts of the docker container, etc. What's not working is the PUID/PGID (copying and pasting from other containers I run, these values correspond to nobody:users). I still get everything saving to the configured download folder as root.

708968699_Annotation2020-02-17144713.png.e2703c58509284d1d2a142c841144912.png

38 minutes ago, DontWorryScro said:

I seem to have it up and running but it looks like i need to reset up the sharing folders and all the options... essentially it resets back to default every time i restart the container.  is there any way for it to retain its settings?  what am i doing wrong?

Assuming you have the container paths (specifically the SoulseekQT one) set as I have it, in Soulseek itself go to Options > General and set "Save client data every 60 minutes" to a more reasonable number, like 5. Leave the docker running for at least 5 mins so it saves, and then restart it. Everything you set up in options should now be remembered.

5 minutes ago, ridge said:

Assuming you have the container paths (specifically the SoulseekQT one) set as I have it, in Soulseek itself go to Options > General and set "Save client data every 60 minutes" to a more reasonable number, like 5. Leave the docker running for at least 5 mins so it saves, and then restart it. Everything you set up in options should now be remembered.

bingo. that was it. thank you

15 hours ago, realies said:

@ridge, if you have a look at the readme in the repository, the variables for setting user and group ID are not in capital letters.

My bad! Now downloading as nobody:users. Thank you! Any chance of a UMASK variable to allow files to be downloaded with write permissions across the board? Right now files download with 644 permissions. I download and then edit the metadata so the user and group ownership is only half the equation.

Edited by ridge
  • 1 month later...
On 7/10/2018 at 9:35 PM, realies said:

@ridge, feel free to modify this, ssl.conf and proxy.conf are part of linuxserver.io's letsencrypt nginx server, but it should run fine without them, the key thing is the /websockify connection upgrade.

upstream soulseek {
        server 192.168.1.100:6080;
}

server {
        server_name _;
        listen 80;
        return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
}

server {
    server_name _;
    listen 443 ssl;

access_log /config/log/nginx/soulseek_access.log;
    error_log /config/log/nginx/soulseek_error.log;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        proxy_pass http://soulseek/;
    }

location /websockify {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
        proxy_pass http://soulseek/;
    }
}

Hey there, Thanks for this container @realies, it works perfectly.

I have a question as i don't succes to put the reverse proxy on this container with linuxserver/letsencrypt docker. In this soulseek.conf file, I just change the  server line to put my local IP:6080 on wich soulseek is running. I replace the 2 "_" after the server name to put my soulseek.domain.com .

I also add the soulseek subdomain in the environment variable of letsencrypt and renewed my certificate. But I just reach the letsencrypt index maintenance page and i cannot access soulseek from the outside.

What am I doing wrong ? (I have other subdomains that works, the https redirection works with the soulseek subdomain, it's been two days and i can't figure what's the problem...)

Resolved : I finally found that my error came from the soulseek.conf file that has to be named like that => sousleek.subdomain.conf 😛 newbie error i supose... thanks again for the plugin !

Edited by Widder

Hi, im having trouble with setting a higher resolution, no matter what resolution i set, it appears to still default to 1280x720.

can anyone confirm if they've been able to set a different resolution successfully? I'm using the image provided on docker hub 

Edited by ciccio
  • 2 weeks later...

I've tried to install this and it seems to work but when I tried to connect to it I see the config bar on the left and the screen is all black.

What am I doing wrong ?

Here is my config :

Soulseek_Docker.thumb.PNG.3b5d546308f199e84e1e8c9d8e93e472.PNG

And here is the WebUI :

Soulseek_WebUI.thumb.PNG.e4c8d302fcbc96d534f82ec4fd34d341.PNG

If anyone has an idea :)

Edited by unBrain

Well, I got it running with the proper GUID and GPID now. Unfortunately I still have the issue of Soulseek not writing the client data, so whenever I restart the docker I lose all my settings. I have set the option to 1 minute, but to no avail.

Could it be a permissions issue? This is how I set up my paths in the Docker settings:

image.thumb.png.400154bff6fb0b3cf89006e579ab78f9.png

Which user:group should I set the /mnt/cache/appdata/soulseek/ folder and subfolders to? root:root, or nobody:users?

I tried both but it won't save the client data...

• 3 months later...

I'm having an issue where all of my downloads fail. I'm able to connect to the Soulseek server and search without any problem, but all of my downloads immediately say "aborted". I have my listening port set (51122) and both it and the obfuscated port (51123) are mapped to the corresponding ports on my host machine. I set up port forwards for both of these ports in my pfSense firewall. I have also tried both checking and unchecking UPnP port mapping and NAT-PMP port mapping (while setting up UPnP on pfSense). None of these things have made any difference. Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

• 2 months later...

I know this might be for Unraid users but perhaps someone could help me.

I would like to share my music library while also enjoying Soulseek, the problem is I don't know what's wrong with my config on my DS220+ Synology NAS, this is my Docker CLI setup:

docker run -d --name soulseek --restart=always \
-v "/volume1/docker/soulseek/.SoulseekQt":"/data/.SoulseekQt" \
-v "/volume1/docker/soulseek/Soulseek Downloads":"/data/Soulseek Downloads" \
-v "/volume1/docker/soulseek/Soulseek Chat Logs":"/data/Soulseek Chat Logs" \
-v "/volume2/music":"/data/Soulseek Shared Folder" \
-e pgid=100 \
-e puid=1026 \
-e resize=scale \
-e resolution=1280x720 \
-p 6080:6080 \
realies/soulseek:latest

As you can see my Shared Folder is on a different volume (physically & virtually) than the rest of the folders, and there is something wrong with the file explorer on SoulseekQt, the folders inside /volume2/music won't show up. I can see they are mounted on the image through the Docker Terminal on Synology's DSM, but I can't make them appear on the GUI.

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for the awesome info above, it's been super helpful getting this far in the process!

Following similar configs above (and looking at other containers that are successfully running), I *think* I have this configured correctly, but running into the following error when looking at the console on boot.

See attached screenshots for more details about my config (and note that I can access novnc on the ports specificed, but get a black screen with an X cursor. 

Thank you for any guidance or pointer as I sort through this, cheers!

Console error:

errors.png

unraid.png

Edited by xspre
Formatting

SOLVED!

Here are the settings I I used and they now work great. I didn't realize I needed to match the format so closely. The only tweak I made for my personal setup is to adjust the "Host Port" to something other than 6080 as it was already in use by another container. Just be sure to leave the container port as 6080 as this is where novnc runs. 

I can now access this working docker via http://[server-ip-address]:7500 using the above settings. 

Thank you all again for the info above! 

fixed.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, bit of a weird problem. I got everything running, but the client won't display Japanese characters at all, they are just blank squares and mixed garbage. (Using VNC Viewer, not noVNC.) Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix this. Pic of it below.

weirdtext.png.c74f06a2d407b5d3a73367d73eaba851.png

And a question: How would I go about setting up the listen ports within unraid? I fiddled around with it some, but I'm kinda feeling around in a dark room, so I have no idea if it is working.

• Like 1