300GB Seagates at Fry's Electronics for $79

TCIII

Hi all,

Today (3/31/06) in Fry's Electronics LA Times advertisement they are selling 300GB Seagate HDs for $79 with no MIR and no limit!

I have purchased several of these drives for $119 with a $50 MIR and they have worked fine.

Regards,

TCIII

I just picked up the $89.99 version from Fry's here in Austin.  This version has a 16MB cache instead of the 8MB cache

The Atlanta store has a limit of one per customer so I bought 1 of the 16mb cache at $89.99 and 1 of the 8mb cache at $79.99.

The outpost.com site limits the drives to 1 person household as well.  I don't know if a person could just place multiple orders to get by it.

I thought about picking up a couple, but I just need one for my MediaPC for some local diskspace.  I had moved it from the PC into the UnRaid machine, but UnRaid cannot handle the demands of HDTV streaming so I needed to get a new drive for the local machine.

I figure they will be cheaper in the future so I'll get more then :)

Especially with the 1TB drives coming in the near future.  Imagine 12 of those in an UnRaid box :)