unRAID Server Release 6.0.0-x86_64 Available

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Up and running well here - all dockers came up and have Internet connectivity.  While rebooting after upgrade, the power went off, so apcupsd functionality has already been tested.

Well done and many, many, thanks!

Peter, if there is one thing we know we can count on from you, its testing the APCUPSd support.  Thanks for letting us know all systems go!

Update to 6.0 went smooth. Loving the Plex docker, working on migrating from Kodi to Plex. But may need to rethink and move my dockers or get a bigger cache drive -- current drive is a 512Gb. Just noticed my cache usage shot up to 85% while I was scanning in my libraries. I will know more once I move the shows off of the cache onto the array.

Nice work, has the font changed in the Logo? If so it's nice, if not it's still nice, I just missed it before!

Well done guys, it's probably been a hard slog the last few months, now take a day off and relax, just the one mind!  ;)

I just upgraded to V6.0 from V5.0.5 only to find out my drive #1 is failing.  It is still under warranty, which is great since I am broke and I can't really afford to buy another drive till Friday (payday).  Server is down for now.

However, I did play with the GUI for a few minutes, and I really like it.  Excellent job!

Edit: one reason we have that banner is so that you can have different banners set for different unRaid servers on your network.  Why have more than one server?  Good question.........................

Upgrade went without any hassle .... I wasn't expecting anything else after having followed the full 6.0-beta and rc cycle.  :D

Well done Limetech - thanks for a great product. Looking forward to my 2 Limetech stickers that hopefully arrive next week.

P.S. I like the new banner .... it would be great of having a choice for different banner's. I do have 2 unRAID server....

Upgraded from 6RC4 to 6.0.0. Everything went well except it wouldn't boot.

At a guess I would say my  MB might have a bug whereby after a certain number of drives the boot process is no longer auto and USB has to be chosen manually  (working theory).

I will need to test this theory as except for adding an extra drive to the array I haven't changed anything except the unRAID upgrade itself (and the whole beta and RC cycle worked fine)

Just a word of caution for those without IPMI and headless.

I have a Windows 8.1 VM booting in OVMF and set to autostart with a GPU passthrough.  When I rebooted after the V6 upgrade the VM did not start and I had to re-start it.  The VM log is:

2015-06-16 09:55:28.895+0000: starting up libvirt version: 1.2.15, qemu version: 2.3.0
Domain id=2 is tainted: high-privileges
Domain id=2 is tainted: host-cpu
char device redirected to /dev/pts/0 (label charserial0)
2015-06-16T09:55:52.368061Z qemu-system-x86_64: virtio: error trying to map MMIO memory
2015-06-16 09:55:52.808+0000: shutting down

My other VM is Windows 7 that is booting in SeaBIOS and is not having any problems.

This is a minor issue, but wanted to point it out.

Small error.  It's already been fixed.  For those that have already clicked "Check for Updates" you have two options:

1 - Reboot your server

2 - SSH / Telnet into your server and remove this file from your /tmp/plugins directory:

unRAIDServer.plg

Either way, when done, just click "Check for Updates" again on the Plugins page and download the update!

Sorry guys, just a small error from working so late into the evening ;-)

Quick SSH and done.

Your the man, thank you.

Just updated my Backup Server via the Plugin section of the web gui and am delighted to say that it was pain free and seamless.

So easy was it and so happy I have been with the RC's so far that I am going to upgrade my main server straight after this post too.

Great release LT!

P.S. I also upgraded my plugins too and was surprised to see I now have an SMB mount section on my Main tab. That is awesome too. This is due to the awesome Unassigned Devices plugin.

So I will say a big thank you to LT and the community for jointly creating a great stable release. Well done all! Excellent.

P.S. I also upgraded my plugins too and was surprised to see I now have an SMB mount section on my Main tab. That is awesome too. This is due to the awesome Unassigned Devices plugin.

Can you post a screenshot, thanks.

As requested. This is a screenshot of my Backup Server with the 'nas' share of my Main Server mounted.

EDIT: That is a screenshot with the share un-mounted. Posted another Screenshot with it mounted in the Unassigned devices thread. What a great plugin.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38635.msg384517#msg384517

Screen_Shot_2015-06-16_at_9_32.20_pm.png.437d57c2149d6339bc9f589c498aa774.png

Just updated my Backup Server via the Plugin section of the web gui and am delighted to say that it was pain free and seamless.

So easy was it and so happy I have been with the RC's so far that I am going to upgrade my main server straight after this post too.

Great release LT!

So I will say a big thank you to LT and the community for jointly creating a great stable release. Well done all! Excellent.

Just upgraded my Main Server as well (this one was from v6-rc4 while the Backup Server was from v6-rc6a) and it was just as quick and painless.

All Servers now running v6.0 stable.

Happy Days.

How about calling this version "Longboard," to go along with the new graphic? I've updated my production server and everything looks good! Congratulations on this release and thanks for all the hard work from Team Limetech!

Bottoms Up, Surf's Up and no Wipe Outs!!

BTW, I like having a "Mover" button on the main page!