unRAID Server Release 6.0.0-x86_64 Available

Congrats to the whole team on the release of v6.0.0.

Updated last night from the last 6rc. Was still performing a parity check when I checked this morning.

I saw the chatter about the banner which I guess at some point had turned off. Turned it on - I like it  :D

J

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I upgradet to v6.0.0 per hand and the system is running so far but i have a "big" problem.

1) To which folder can i install the Plex-Server?

2) Dynamix is only showing the WebGui Plugin - but where can i find all the other plugins like S3 sleep and so on?

Confusing for me - help please!  ;)

I upgradet to v6.0.0 per hand and the system is running so far but i have a "big" problem.

1) To which folder can i install the Plex-Server?

2) Dynamix is only showing the WebGui Plugin - but where can i find all the other plugins like S3 sleep and so on?

Confusing for me - help please!  ;)

You not bothered to read the reply I left you in the other post?

Plex is best run in the Docker, which is detailed in the docker forum & the wiki..

:)

Thanks for your help - Dynamix is cleared and all installed.

But i will not use this Docker - i have no idea, how it works.

All i want is installing Plex again and therefore there must be an info, where the tar.gz file must be copied

to work again.

I'm not sure there is a Plex plugin for V6.  For a variety of very good reasons, apps that used to be plugins are now chiefly being provided as docker containers.  I really recommend you go over to the wiki & docker forum to get your head around Plex.  Limetech have produced their own Plex docker so that should give you an idea that plugins are no longer the preferred method for installing all apps.

A lot of the plugins that were developed for V5 have not been migrated or are not being maintained so it's not really about whether you want to move to docker but more of a case of you going to have to..

Docker is amazing, you really should give it a go...  ;)

EDIT: If you really want a plugin here you go. Phaze's Plugins

(Sorry Phaze, didn't know about these..  ::) )

Thanks for your help - Dynamix is cleared and all installed.

But i will not use this Docker - i have no idea, how it works.

All i want is installing Plex again and therefore there must be an info, where the tar.gz file must be copied

to work again.

Which tar.gz file?    The one that worked with v5 will not work with v6 so do you have one that is known to be compatible with v6?  That is why the Docker approach is recommended - a plex Docker container would have Plex already installed inside it - all you have to do is configure it via the unRAID GUI for Docker containers.

Another note:  After I updated to v6 the status for UNRAID then showed "unknown" (as I noted above).    Clicking on Update again then fixed that so it said "up-to-date".

HOWEVER ... when I booted it again today, it shows "unknown" again.    As it did last night, if I then click on Update again it reverts back to "up-to-date".

When the system is rebooted then the status of all plugins is "unknown" until you do a manual check for updates OR the periodic check for updates is executed in the background (the frequency of this check is set under notifications). In both cases the status of the plugins is compared to the latest check run and any available updates are shown.

Which tar.gz file?    The one that worked with v5 will not work with v6 so do you have one that is known to be compatible with v6?  That is why the Docker approach is recommended - a plex Docker container would have Plex already installed inside it - all you have to do is configure it via the unRAID GUI for Docker containers.

This one: PlexMediaServer-0.9.12.3.1173-937aac3-x64-UnRAID.txz - downloaded from plex-webpage

Sorry - my mistake - it is a *.txz File

I'm on beta 10 and the 'Check For Updates' from the Plugin tab does not show anything new....

There are upgrade instructions in the readme file if you have not kept up with releases.

Yeah, I saw that but also saw

"If you are currently running any previous 6.0-beta

--------------------------------------------------

If you are running -beta9 or later, pleae use the Plugin system to upgrade your server.

Starting in -beta9, the plugin manager can be used to upgrade unRAID-OS."

Looks like the readme.txt might need an edit.

I'll update manually.

ok - so that means "nobody" have installed the plex server and noone can tell how this works - not my day today  :(

Thanks for your help

As has been mentioned before, users are using the new Docker aspect of V6 to install Plex Server as the plugin route is no longer the way to go.

ok - so that means "nobody" have installed the plex server and noone can tell how this works - not my day today  :(

Thanks for your help

i know lots of people have installed the

Plenty of people have installed the plex docker and had no problems using it.  Not so sure about the plugin variant.

Going forward the plugin variant is likely to prove problematical to maintain as it will likely need updating every time the core unRAID is updated whereas the docker version is independent of the version of unRAID it is running on so does not suffer from this issue.

Thanks for your help

I would say the biggest issue you are having is not adequately preparing yourself before jumping to version 6.0. A bit of research into what the changes are, and how it would impact you would have allowed you a much smoother transition, and allowed you to decide if you are ready or not for the move.

If you want everything the same as you had in version 5, you should likely stick with version 5. Then take some time to figure out what you are doing and actually plan for the upgrade - don't just jump in willy nilly.

Thanks for your help

Eleven posts in two threads in about an hour and a half, mostly the same question. And responses from a lot of people directing you to more information. Maybe spend a little more time reading and a little less posting. ;);D

If the chap has an issue with the LT sanctioned plex docker, shouldn't the LT repo thread on the docker board be open ?

(should be open anyways if there are dockers in the wild)

Speaking of this, I tried limetech/plex this morning. Since its Dockerfile gives credit to needo and I was using needo/plex, I figured I could just point it to my existing appdata. Didn't seem to work, so I went back to needo/plex. Nothing broken.

Peace out guys, upgrading can be challenging and the jump from 5 to 6 is large.

I don't think anyone would argue that. However, anyone who blindly starts installing software without understanding the impact is asking for trouble.

Maybe it's worth adding a note to the initial post with links to the Wiki and upgrade threads as well as a disclaimer that plugins especially have changed and people should read/understand the impact to their environment before jumping into the upgrade process. It will make their lives, and the lives of everyone on the forums a whole lot easier.