unRAID Server Release 6.0.0-x86_64 Available

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about doing an /ama/ style post in the official unraid forums first?

I forgot that one exists cuz its so dead.  Maybe have the post in there and link into it...?  But we also shouldn't spam all the similar subs with the link

Coming from 5.0 version

I'm willing to upgrade to 6.0

In the txt.file it says a plugin for 5.0 to upgrade will be released, where can i find this?

For addons, i see dockers and plugings are used.

There are a lot of topics/versions about sabnzb and Snap plugin

Where can i find latest for unraid version 6.0:

- sabnzb?

- snap?

thx

Snap is deprecated though it still functions but is not supported any more. But there is a new plugin named Unassigned Devices that has better functionality and is supported by the developer.

The other is better used as a Docker container. There is a plugin called Community Applications that you should install. It will then let you easily search through the various Dockers and install the ones you want.

I believe all of this is covered in the Upgrade to unRaid6 howto/guide/wiki entries.

What i would want to do with unassigned devices is plug in a usb device

Copy from that device to the unraid server, easily

This is possible?

The Unassigned devices handles plugging in the device and mounting it.  It does not help you with copying - that has not changed from v5 and is normally still done via the network or a console/telnet session.  Having said that I have seen mention of some dockers that have a web based file manager capability built in so may be one those might help.

This is possible?

The Unassigned devices handles plugging in the device and mounting it.  It does not help you with copying - that has not changed from v5 and is normally still done via the network or a console/telnet session.  Having said that I have seen mention of some dockers that have a web based file manager capability built in so may be one those might help.

Although it can kick off a custom script on mounting.

This is possible?

I guess you're talking about unBALANCE? Really gotta try that out soon as using mc on juicessh is getting annoying

This is possible?

I guess you're unBALANCE? Really gotta try that out soon as using mc on juicessh is getting annoying

PYDIO should be the perfect docker for that.. Unfortunately I do not seem to get it to work..

Coming from 5.0 version

I'm willing to upgrade to 6.0

In the txt.file it says a plugin for 5.0 to upgrade will be released, where can i find this?

It's going to be released with 6.0.1.  What we did was make the unRaid-6 plugin that is used to upgrade versions of unRaid-6 work with unRaid-5 as well.  From the console or telnet session, you would download the unRAIDServer.plg file from github, and use the unRaid-5 'installplg' command to install it.  We are in process of testing right now. (but don't download now, it won't work!)

The plugin will preserve your currently running unRaid-5 files and there is a way to 'go back' if you find unRaid-6 not to your liking.

Reg keys for unRaid-5 will work with unRaid-6 as well.

Just another teaser..

User will be able to select his own banner from the webGUI, see the attached screenshot.

(no it is not available yet)

Is it available yet?  ;)

I can see a load of community banners appearing from the more artistic amongst us. I don't include myself in that group.  Told by a teacher when choosing exam subjects aged 13

"Don't choose Art - You'll fail." She was right. I would have  ::)