TVheadend plugin for unRaid 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I am still on an ongoing trip until the first weekend of march so I do not have access to my unRaid machine until then and could not update/test with the new version. I willl do so as soon as I am back home and will update the plugin accordingly! :)

If something is not working with tvheadend if its not starting/stopping, it always helps to get the output of (adapt your config directory):

sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/Apps/tvheadend -u root -g video -f -S

Happy tvheadending :P

12 hours ago, allanp81 said:

Is there any reason to use this plugin version of the dockers? I'm using the linuxserver docker but just wondering what advantages/disadvantages are to using this plugin version instead?

I'm using the plugin because you can't wake your server with the container. With this plugin my server wakes up for each recording when shutdown.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, allanp81 said:

Is there any reason to use this plugin version of the dockers? I'm using the linuxserver docker but just wondering what advantages/disadvantages are to using this plugin version instead?

I took over the plugin back in the day when there were no dockers mainly because I run it on my server also. I have never tried the Docker, I suppose it also works great. This is just my little project and I keep it here in case anyone else is interested :)

• 4 weeks later...

I just checked and the plugin works fine under both 6.4.1 and 6.5 :)

On 6.2.2018 at 2:50 AM, ljm42 said:

@Mettbrot, Does this plugin work on unRAID 6.4.0 and 6.4.1 ?  One user had issues and I'm wondering if CA needs to mark it as incompatible?

edit - hmm, that person might not be on 6.4.1 after all.  I have asked for clarification.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Since unraid v 6.6.1 I have been having issues with auto updating of the system and plugins.  This was because wget was unable to verify certificates, due to conflicting versions of openssl.  I think this is because your plugin installs libssl1-1.1.0g.  Unraid syslog shows "OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1010100f, you have 1010007f#015"

Uninstalling the plugin resolved the issue.  I have started using a tvheadend docker container, but if you still have the will/interest to maintain this, I would prefer the plugin.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
On 10/9/2017 at 10:24 AM, Mettbrot said:

I guess you can only change values there if you disable tvheadend at the top. Play with disable enable a bit. I know it can be a bit tricky ;)

While you're at it: Change the data directory to your cache drive. Something like: /mnt/cache/Apps/tvheadend

Having the same problem..  TVHeadEnd is stopped (Ive stopped and started many times, but can't figure this out!)  What do you mean disable "at the top"?

I also can't edit the data directory:

TIA..

Steve

image.thumb.png.a483b6c93ac9a54be52ec9c3b2ad00f8.png

6 hours ago, pluginCop said:

Marking this plugin as being incompatible with unRaid 6.7+ as @Mettbrot hasn't been online for awhile, and it hasn't been updated to actually be compatible with 6.6 (all those warnings are hidden on 6.6).  Probably better off using the docker app instead.

Thanks..

I thought I had already replied to this to say I'd try the docker, but my post is gone..  so, I'll say I DID go back and install the docker, and I THINK I finally have things working, at least at a basic level!!  One thing about the docker install that was not obvious to me is that you have to apparently switch the docker network type to HOST, at least to get it to work with the HDHomeRun network tuners, which is all I have..  I struggled until I found a vague reference to this, and as soon as I changed it to Host, it just seemed to work..  Now, on a Raspberry Pi, I have OSMC installed, with the TVHeadEnd plug-in pointing at my UnRaid, and it seems to be streaming and controlling recordings quite nicely!!  Thanks so much for the help..  Hopefully this little detail will come up in other people's searches if they have the same problem!

-Steve

11 hours ago, pluginCop said:

Marking this plugin as being incompatible with unRaid 6.7+ as @Mettbrot hasn't been online for awhile, and it hasn't been updated to actually be compatible with 6.6 (all those warnings are hidden on 6.6).  Probably better off using the docker app instead.

Thank you for the heads up. I will try to fix the errors this weekend, maybe some people are still using the plugin :)

On 8/13/2019 at 6:58 PM, 172pilot said:

Having the same problem..  TVHeadEnd is stopped (Ive stopped and started many times, but can't figure this out!)  What do you mean disable "at the top"?

I also can't edit the data directory:

TIA..

Steve

Hi Steve,

you may only change the settings if you flip the top most option of the plugin settings page to disable and apply.

Also, I pushed an update to remove the warnings on the settings page, thanks for the heads up!