TVheadend plugin for unRaid 6

I have no clue what has happened but probably the Plugin is loosing its configurations after a reboot. I had it working nicely and smooth, but after a reboot I couldnt login anymore. In advanced settings the user configuration was missing, when I disabled the plugin to edit these and restarted the Server all configuration was gone

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2019 at 7:43 AM, Adromir said:

I have no clue what has happened but probably the Plugin is loosing its configurations after a reboot. I had it working nicely and smooth, but after a reboot I couldnt login anymore. In advanced settings the user configuration was missing, when I disabled the plugin to edit these and restarted the Server all configuration was gone

Same here. At first I thought I did something or forgot my password, but today this happened again after rebooting and now reading this post confirmed what I have seen, too. Unable to login on tvheadend:9981, no login set in advanced settings. Needed to disable the plugin to be able to change login and bam, tvheadend looks like a fresh installation. Since it takes some time for me to configure everything (especially the channels!), this is a bit frustrating. I noticed the configuration as of the settings should be in /usr/local/tvheadend/.htsconfig, but I could not find the file on console. Would it help to set the configuration path elsewhere?

• 7 months later...

Hi!

I didn’t know anyone was still using this! I can most definitely look at this problem next week and see to get this solved :)

Regarding tvheadend itself, Iam afraid there is no newer stable release than 4.2.8 and the development of the unstable builds is pretty stale at the moment...

best

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 2:34 PM, Mettbrot said:

Hi!

I didn’t know anyone was still using this! I can most definitely look at this problem next week and see to get this solved :)

Regarding tvheadend itself, Iam afraid there is no newer stable release than 4.2.8 and the development of the unstable builds is pretty stale at the moment...

best

Moved over from a bare metal Ubuntu/Raid5/TVHeadend setup and I've been using your plugin for TVH but I've hit the same issues noted here with the config seemly being lost after a reboot (or is it a array stop/start?)

Did you make any inroads to the issue? for now, I've made a backup of the  /usr/local/tvheadend/.htsconfig which I copy back if the config reverts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

@Mettbrot The native TvHeadend plugin works great in general. Unfortunately all settings are getting lost after reboot. Same issue have been reported here already. Are you going to fix the issue? Otherwise it would be better to remove the app to avoid people running into this issue without any solution. Thanks for your feedback.

• 5 months later...

so i am new to TVHEADEND and am trying ot get it setup
i have a hauppauge TV - Quad HD
i can tune some channels but when i go to play it dosnt work
it sometimes lets me start a single stream via the GUI when i first boot it then it dosent work again till rebooted again
any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I installed this plugin and it does work! I can stream from clients and from vlc and I also have epg. But I am not able to record because the log says there is not enough storage and the folder couldnt be found. This was my path in the record-profile because I want to record to my "TV" unraid share: "/mnt/user/TV/".

Can someone help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...