Unraid V6.2 Beta 19 DVB Files

I can copy it to its location with a script in the go file to keep my syslog clean

yes true, but if i good know - modules are loaded before go file ... but maybe im wrong :/

anyway options ddbridge msi=0 is also no needed for 2 tuner (on 1 pcie slot)

And yes for 2 tuners eveything working perfect ...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's how I created the 6.0.0 version, luckily Monkeyair had saved a copy of the PM I sent him with the details.  No sign of an internet connection at home anytime soon, so if you want to give it a go, feel free.

Followed the instructions here

For steps 1 -2 I did them on a Ubuntu VM

Installed mercurial with

sudo apt-get install mercurial

& make with

sudo apt-get install make

Then (didn't do the step cd /usr/src as not installing it within the VM)

sudo hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental/
cd media_build_experimental
sudo make download
sudo make untar

Then decided I had enough to move back to Unraid to compile, so I ran

cd ..
tar cvf mediabuildexperimental media_build_experimental/

to create a tar of the mediabuildexperimental folder and copied that across to my unraid box to /mnt/cache/.unraid/

Then on my unraid box followed the wiki & Ran the build.sh script until

4.1) Do you want to slipstream compiled modules?

leaving the putty window open so I could go back and finish it off later..

Then I opened another Putty instance and went back to the digital devices stuff

cd /mnt/cache/.unraid/
tar xvf mediabuildexperimental
cd media_build_experimental
make
make install

Then copied across to the decompressed bzroot

rsync -av /lib/modules/4.0.4-unRAID/ /mnt/cache/.unraid/bzroot/lib/modules/4.0.4-unRAID/
rsync -av /lib/firmware/ /mnt/cache/.unraid/bzroot/lib/firmware/

Then went back to the original putty instance and finished the script...

Yeah it worked ... 6.0.1 with DVB-C .. THANKS

DDBridge driver detected: Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 DVB adapter
Port 0: Link 0, Link Port 0 (TAB 1): DUAL DVB-S2
Port 1: Link 0, Link Port 1 (TAB 2): DUAL DVB-C/T/T2
DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...
ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...
ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (CXD2837 DVB-C DVB-T/T2)...
ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 3 frontend 0 (CXD2837 DVB-C DVB-T/T2)...

Yeah it worked ... 6.0.1 with DVB-C .. THANKS

DDBridge driver detected: Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 DVB adapter
Port 0: Link 0, Link Port 0 (TAB 1): DUAL DVB-S2
Port 1: Link 0, Link Port 1 (TAB 2): DUAL DVB-C/T/T2
ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...
ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...
ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (CXD2837 DVB-C DVB-T/T2)...
ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 3 frontend 0 (CXD2837 DVB-C DVB-T/T2)...

If you can post some links it woul help icho2000, and as soon as I get internet I'll host them on my dropbox and publish them on the first post.  ;)

Sure

Wasn't at home before ... so now here the links with the built-in mediabuild_experimental and 6.0.1:

bzimage-mediabuild-exp

bzroot-mediabuild-exp

they can stay there if you wish until a new release or so :)

Thanks for this, really helpful of you mate, I've updated my original post so folk can find it without going through the whole thread.  If you're happy to host this on your dropbox that's even better  :D

Icho2000, if you try this can you let us know that it's working, and if you integrate ddbridge.conf into the bzroot then please post it here and we'll include that as well on the original post. 

Really grateful for both of you and your patience with this.  I set out to try and make this a more accessible and transparent way for DVB support in Unraid, by posting both the builds and editing the wiki to outline exactly how to do it, so it's been great to see that between the info here and the wiki that people can build their own versions now with the script. (gfjardim wrote that one  ;))

Thanks for the files skeal.

But i wont have time to test them today. Will do it tommorrow.

And my I2C Timeout Error has returned even with the ddbridge.conf file in place. After some more research it looks like there is no unversal solution to this problem. For some the ddbridge.conf helps, for others it causes more problems.

Iam trying out another possible solution right now.

After checking my syslog a bit more i noticed that the problem only occurs after my unraid went to sleep. Some googeling later i found this possible solution:

Unload ddbridge before sleep (modprobe -r ddbridge)

And load the drive with modprobe ddbridge after is comes back from sleep.

Put these commands in the custom commands area of the dynamix sleep addon and will now wait and see what happpens

Tried it out manually and the error didnt occur any more.. but i want to give it some more time before i trust this solution :)

i also have the ic2 timeout error now ... but tv seems to work nevertheless?

what is the problem with this timeout?

No idea to be honest but looking on the Web there are reports that it can cause system lockups after a while.

It would be relatively easy to decompress bzroot and add ddbridge.conf then recompress and that may be worth a try.

i also have the ic2 timeout error now ... but tv seems to work nevertheless?

what is the problem with this timeout?

In my case Kodi crashed when trying to play LiveTV, TVHeadend Docker got unresponsive or completly stopped. Had to power off unraid. Reboot didn't help. Also the problems didn't occur right away, took quite a while befoe this happend.

The ddbridge.conf + unloading ddbridge before sleep seem to help in my case. Will do some more testing when i get home from work. If i dont find any more errors i will upload the 6.01 media-exp build with ddbridge.conf integrated to my dropbox.

Ok after some more testing my I2C Error seems to be gone. Havent seen it for 6 hours now.

Final configuration is now ddbridge.conf + unload/load ddbridge on sleep + mediabuild experimental.

Here are the links to my mediabuilt-experimental 6.0.1 with integrated ddbridge conf:

bzimage-mediabuild-exp-6.0.1

bzroot-mediabuild-exp-6.0.1 with ddbridge.conf

I also added the following commands to the custom commands section of the Dynamix S3 Sleep Plugin:

before sleep : modprobe -r ddbridge

after wakeup : modprobe ddbridge

Thanks again to everyone in this thread for the help  :)

Ok after some more testing my I2C Error seems to be gone. Havent seen it for 6 hours now.

Final configuration is now ddbridge.conf + unload/load ddbridge on sleep + mediabuild experimental.

Here are the links to my mediabuilt-experimental 6.0.1 with integrated ddbridge conf:

bzimage-mediabuild-exp-6.0.1

bzroot-mediabuild-exp-6.0.1 with ddbridge.conf

I also added the following commands to the custom commands section of the Dynamix S3 Sleep Plugin:

before sleep : modprobe -r ddbridge

after wakeup : modprobe ddbridge

Thanks again to everyone in this thread for the help  :)

Icho2000 I've posted links to your build in the first post with credit to yourself and skeal.  I'm very grateful indeed, I finally have an internet connection of sorts but it's very very slow, so any Mediabuilds from now on are going to take a while  :(

RC1 Done for Openelec & DigitalDevices Experimental MediaBuild

TBS Won't compile, I think because of this issue here.

I have emailed TBS and will wait for a response...  ::)

It's not just me, CrazyCat (author of alternative drivers for TBS) & CvH (who we have to thank the Openelec build) have both confirmed, see here.  Looks like we need a new driver version.

If folks could kindly confirm Openelec & DigitalDevicesExperimental are working that would be most appreciated...

I've also updated the wiki to show how the DigitalDevicesExperimental MediaBuild is done, as well as adding links to a tar of the drivers I created in Ubuntu using mercurial and links to ddbridge.conf and updated the build.sh link as well.

I don't have much time right now, so i will wait vor 6.1 Release before i do some testing and upgrading my unraid.

No problem mate, nobody has posted here to confirm any of the builds are working, so I can only assume nobody is using the RC1 build.  I can't upgrade as TBS are working on new drivers (had email from them thanking me for posting the issue and identifying the cause  :) ) So I'm not going to bother doing anymore until final release I've decided.  It's quite time consuming and the life cycle of the RC tends to be so small that might as well wait until V6.1 unless anyone is desperate...

Plus I've written (what I think is) a detailed step by step guide in the wiki for people to create their own so there's always that option.

• Squid locked this topic