any alternatives to Deluge which allow limiting the time it up/downloads?

I've moved into the mountains, and am severely limited in data now with my crappy, satellite internet.  I do get unlimited data from midnight to 5am, so I want to set my torrenting client to only work during this time period.  Deluge does not seem to offer such a configuration, so I'm looking for alternatives, and rather than just start installing dockers willy-nilly, I figured I'd seek feedback/suggestions first.

I appreciate any guidance/suggestions on this.

Thanks!

I use deluge vpn docker from binhex and the scheduler seems to work great , I never used it before today but decided to try when I read this post. I have included some screen shots  of the different states set in the scheduler and the speeds with each state. I thought I would have to install scheduler but all I had to do was enable it in the preferences . If you don't have a vpn or have other routes set then there is a non vpn one also.

2015-06-17_02_33_23-D__0.0_K_U__0.0_K_-_Deluge__Web_UI_1.3_11.png.4f2ada9912b46157c37d449e119ff444.png

2015-06-17_02_35_49-D__3.2_M_U__0.2_K_-_Deluge__Web_UI_1.3_11.png.dbc593d61b3ec7c002ee88c8c61cff91.png

2015-06-17_02_34_43-D__264.7_K_U__0.0_K_-_Deluge__Web_UI_1.3_11.png.3e6f3eaf4134dd6e1b1741078512b6de.png

2015-06-17_02_52_35-D__0.0_K_U__3.0_K_-_Deluge__Web_UI_1.3_11.png.c3521ac8099310e313719f19128830df.png

I use deluge vpn docker from binhex and the scheduler seems to work great , I never used it before today but decided to try when I read this post. I have included some screen shots  of the different states set in the scheduler and the speeds with each state. I thought I would have to install scheduler but all I had to do was enable it in the preferences . If you don't have a vpn or have other routes set then there is a non vpn one also.

+1.

This is what I use.  I throttle my bandwidth between 6am and 9pm since my wife works from home.  9pm to 6am I open the flood gates.  :)

John

I'm guessing throttling might work, but actually pausing didn't seem to work for me.  It might just be that I added the job paused, then set up scheduling, but I'm currently unable to get it to unpause.

I'll keep mucking about and see if I can get it to work, if not, I'll throttle to 1kb/min and see how that goes :)

I'm guessing throttling might work, but actually pausing didn't seem to work for me.  It might just be that I added the job paused, then set up scheduling, but I'm currently unable to get it to unpause.

I'll keep mucking about and see if I can get it to work, if not, I'll throttle to 1kb/min and see how that goes :)

Post screen shots of your scheduler page and speed settings under preferences.

Post screen shots of your scheduler page and speed settings under preferences.

See attached.

I'm wondering if maybe this torrent just isn't available right now.  it's from the Formula 1 race a couple weeks ago.  I usually grab them sooner than a couple weeks, so maybe that's the issue.

I'll try to stay up and manually unpause it tonight and see if that works.

deluge.png.b28ffda0fc29aa35bb343d7720299458.png

I think I've got it now.  When I added the file originally, I paused it manually.  The scheduler it seems won't/didn't override this action.  Yesterday, I changed the scheduler to allow full speed, manually unpaused the file, waited until it connected and started downloading something, then turned the scheduler back to the screenshot, and the file paused automatically.

Last night it downloaded about 1/2 the file, so it seems to be working now.

Thanks for all the help :)