Really bad connections after Fritzbox 7270 firmware upgrade

hawihoney

I just did upgrade my AVM Fritzbox 7270 WLAN router to the latest firmware 54.04.76.

Everything works as usual - except my two unraid servers:

1.) Working with the shares from my Windows clients doesn't work any longer. Windows explorer simply hangs when it touches any of the network drives letters.

2.) The web frontend comes up, transfers some bytes and after that the connection breaks

3.) A connection with TELNET/SSH works til entering userid/password. Some bytes get transfered. After that the connection dies.

There's nothing magic in the syslog. What I see is that the Putty window shows "Tower.fritz.box" instead of the usual "Tower".

Any idea what's happening? I fear I need to downgrade the firmware.

Thanks

Harald

I just did upgrade my AVM Fritzbox 7270 WLAN router to the latest firmware 54.04.76.

Everything works as usual - except my two unraid servers:

1.) Working with the shares from my Windows clients doesn't work any longer. Windows explorer simply hangs when it touches any of the network drives letters.

2.) The web frontend comes up, transfers some bytes and after that the connection breaks

3.) A connection with TELNET/SSH works til entering userid/password. Some bytes get transfered. After that the connection dies.

There's nothing magic in the syslog. What I see is that the Putty window shows "Tower.fritz.box" instead of the usual "Tower".

Any idea what's happening? I fear I need to downgrade the firmware.

Thanks

Harald

If the router has a new IP address of its own, it might be necessary to check the "nameserver" and "gateway" settings to correspond to your new router.  Other than that, sounds like a downgrade of your router is in order.

Joe L.

JoeL,

thanks for your answer.

Seems that the new Fritzbox firmware permanently adds the domain suffix ".fritz.box" to the hostname. I had to change some config files (for example the ssh*key* files). Now everything seems to work as expected (at least everything I looked at).

Regards

Harald