Restarted unRAID and lost configuration

So I shutdown my server last night and upon reboot SABnzdb and sonarr now start up as if I am running them for the first time.  Did I do something wrong?  Are we required to manually stop docker apps prior to shutting down our servers?

SABnzbd has data in the logs from when I last ran it, but the config.xml file has only it's own ports and API keys listed in it.

You didn't do anything wrong, check the share that you keep the appdata on hasn't been moved to the array.

I had a very similar problem.

Keep all my data on /mnt/cache/appdata

Mover had moved it all to mnt/user/appdata

None of my containers could then find the appdata.

But there's the kicker, it doesn't happen straightaway but I noticed after a server reboot.

Got me confused as hell to start with.

All I had to do was move the appdata folder back to the cache share and job done.

I found the data on /mnt/disk8/appdata so used mc to copy /mnt/disk8/appdata to /mnt/cache/appdata

Restarted docker service and all was well.

the other rather nasty issue i found is that if you fill up your docker image file (not to be confused with docker images) then ive seen it where on a restart most/all of your docker containers will not start, if you click on advanced view you can see the containers but its not possible to start them, solution is unfortunately to stop docker, delete docker image file, start docker, re-pull everything down, ive seen this twice now so its def an issue.

wouldnt mind so much if there was a way to free up space after deleting images/containers but there isnt, at least not to my knowledge.

Thanks CHBMB!  That was definitely the problem!

You didn't do anything wrong, check the share that you keep the appdata on hasn't been moved to the array.

I had a very similar problem.

Keep all my data on /mnt/cache/appdata

Mover had moved it all to mnt/user/appdata

None of my containers could then find the appdata.

But there's the kicker, it doesn't happen straightaway but I noticed after a server reboot.

Got me confused as hell to start with.

All I had to do was move the appdata folder back to the cache share and job done.

I found the data on /mnt/disk8/appdata so used mc to copy /mnt/disk8/appdata to /mnt/cache/appdata

Restarted docker service and all was well.

• 4 years later...

Hello, I lost all my data created in Docker (is reseted to original state) after I change extra params to --hostname name.domain (and docker restarted itself). I did many Docker restart before without problem. Are all my data lost or is there any chance to get it back? I think it has to do something with appdata? I have 

Use cache (for new files/directories): set to "prefer". Could you help please?