Subsonic Docker - Cannot Connect when on home network

I'm attempting to use the iSub app on my Iphone with Subsonic on UnRaid 6.0.0 and am having an odd issue:

Everything was working correctly when using the plugin for UnRaid 5.0.5

If I am on LTE it connects to xxx.subsonic.org just fine

If I connect to my wireless network it hangs

If I change the server IP to 192.168.x.xxx:4040 on ISub then it will connect while on my wireless (obviously won't connect when I'm not)

To remove ISub from the equation I attempted to connect within safari:

If on LTE it bounces me to my Global IP address and I get a login screen

If on Wireless it bounces me to 172.17.0.X (this changed after a reboot)

I understand this is the IP the docker is binding to but any guidance on to how to get beyond that to either the Global or the server IP?

I've already attempted both network types (bridge and host)

Thank you for that, I had never heard the term NAT Loopback before.

Sadly my router doesn't support that.

Is this an issue that was only revealed due to docker? When I was using Unraid 5.0.5 with subsonic I did not have this problem.

On the Serviio app (as you know) I can choose the bound IP address from within the WebGUI and when that is set to 192.168.1.X (Unraid IP, eth0) it runs great.

This is my first venture into Docker and I don't want to screw anything up but is this something I could pass an extra parameter to like --bind 192.168.1.X (unraid IP)

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Sadly, I was dead in the water. I agree with you that it is odd that it's a hardware thing since mine worked on the plugin but not on the docker as well.

What I did do that "fixed" my issue is I switched from the Subsonic Docker to the LibreSonic Docker, works fine from within there as well. Plus LibreSonic is still being updated whereas SubSonic switched to a close source business model so there won't be another major update on it. (From what I have read)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 6:23 PM, elbobo said:

Sadly, I was dead in the water. I agree with you that it is odd that it's a hardware thing since mine worked on the plugin but not on the docker as well.

What I did do that "fixed" my issue is I switched from the Subsonic Docker to the LibreSonic Docker, works fine from within there as well. Plus LibreSonic is still being updated whereas SubSonic switched to a close source business model so there won't be another major update on it. (From what I have read)

I haven't read up much on LibreSonic.  Does it work the same way?  I loved Subsonic for it's android apps and Sonos capabilities.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 3:49 PM, mcleanap said:

I haven't read up much on LibreSonic.  Does it work the same way?  I loved Subsonic for it's android apps and Sonos capabilities.  

I apologize for the massive delay. Other than the "lipstick" currently it works identical. All of my apps work perfectly. I do not have Sonos, but the Libresonic setup (and the Git) both say it works. The only thing that doesn't work is having a XXX.libresonic.com custom URL. I just created a NOIP.com free URL and use that for all my redirect needs.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just hopped on here to ask the same question.  Thanks to all who have posted workarounds/solutions.

The solutions that worked for me were to either add a second sever to the official SubSonic app (using my server's local IP) or using the paid DSub app which has an option to add your local server IP/wifi SSID to a single entry (no need to switch between the two).

Edited by 3560freak
add solutions