best bittorrent client?

yes i put like this, /mnt/user/downloads/ - but its not download to there, all torrent on pouse

only when i don't put /mnt/user/downloads/ and its start auto to download to "download" (after i put on bittorent settings /mnt/user/downloads/)

why?

You have to go into ruTorrent and configure the location of your downloads folder... the path will be what you set on the left hand side on the template page. NOT the unRAID path. Not sure what that is set to by default.

Is there any benefit of using rTorrent over Transmission?

it doesn't always come down to functionality, some people just prefer the way certain apps look and feel, compared to the competition

Yeah, i was thinking more about functionality if there is anything that would move me from transmission.

There's a version of deluge with VPN functionality which is very good from binhex

I like the Auto Tools feature ofr ruTorrent. When getting stuff from private trackers, it allows me to COPY the completed download to another folder. Then programs like Sickbeard or CouchPotato monitors the various copied-into folders and post-processes and deletes the files. All the while, the original downloaded torrent files keep seeding to make sure I keep my ratios on the private trackers.

I also use the "watched folder" feature where for example I have a folder called:

/torrentwatch

inside this folder I have:

/torrentwatch/TV

/torrentwatch/movies

/torrentwatch/books

Once download is complete, I set the COPY downloaded files to folder:

/downloads/complete

So if I am downloading a movie or TV show, they end up in:

/downloads/complete/movies

/downloads/complete/tv

/downloads/complete/books

The folders above are what I set CP, SB, etc to watch for auto processing.

It takes a look of fiddling around, but it can make the process almost automatically. When you manually download a torrent, I just make sure I download to the correct watch folder depending on what I am downloading. You can also set up SickRage (or torrent version of SickBeard)and CP to use the individual watched folders as BlackHole for automating the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

There's a version of deluge with VPN functionality which is very good from binhex

I like the Auto Tools feature or ruTorrent. When getting stuff from provate trackers, it allows me to COPY the completed download to another folder. Then programs like Sickbeard or CouchPOatato monitors the various copied-into folders and processes the stuff and deletes the files. All the while, the original downloaded torrent files keep seeding to make sure I keep my ratios on the private trackers.

I also use the "watched folder" feature where for example I have a folder called:

/torrentwatch

inside this folder I have:

/torrentwatch/TV

/torrentwatch/movies

/watchedfolder/books

Once download is complete, I set the COPY downloaded files to folder:

/downloads/complete

So if I am downloading a movie or TV show, they end up in:

/downloads/complete/movies

/downloads/complete/tv

/downloads/complete/books

The folders above are what I set CP, SB, etc to watch for auto processing.

It takes a look of fiddling around, but it can make the process almost automatically. When you manually download a torrent, I just make sure I download to the correct watch folder depending on what I am downloading. You can also set up SickRage (or torrent version of SickBeard)and CP to use the individual watched folders as BlackHole for automating the whole thing.

i'm sure other torrent clients do categories as well, seem to remember transmission doing it, been a while since i've used torrent for more than the odd file here and there.

i'm sure other torrent clients do categories as well, seem to remember transmission doing it, been a while since i've used torrent for more than the odd file here and there.

I was only able to figure out how to do this in rTorrent. If someone know how to do it in others, I would love to know about it.

yes i put like this, /mnt/user/downloads/ - but its not download to there, all torrent on pouse

only when i don't put /mnt/user/downloads/ and its start auto to download to "download" (after i put on bittorent settings /mnt/user/downloads/)

why?

You have to go into ruTorrent and configure the location of your downloads folder... the path will be what you set on the left hand side on the template page. NOT the unRAID path. Not sure what that is set to by default.

what do u mean "template page", i put a path, and still, its not download to there.

http://postimg.org/image/spkgfzruz/

Codo you need to understand some basics here.... Understand that a Docker is like a separate computer running inside unraid. It has its own file structure, paths, OS, etc. The container has NO CLUE what is happening outside of itself. This is why you have those 2 columns in the configuration page. The one on the left is the dockers internal path. The one on the right yu are mapping that location to a path outside of the Docker (in the unRAID array). So rTorrent is running in its own dedicated container, oblivious to unRAID. so you need to point the download folder to its internal path you have mapped. Look at my screencap.

PLUS you are mapping your download folder to a single disk in your array. Another fundamental thing you need to understand about unRAID is that you have a bunch of hard drives. You create shares and it will distribute the files among ALL the array drives... So you create a share called "downloads" in the shares screen of unraid GUI. The mapping of that share will be... /mnt/user/downloads. If you use /mnt/disk1/downloads, it will place all files only on that disk ONLY and if the disk fill up, you are out of luck.

Codo you need to understand some basics here.... Understand that a Docker is like a separate computer running inside unraid. It has its own file structure, paths, OS, etc. The container has NO CLUE what is happening outside of itself. This is why you have those 2 columns in the configuration page. The one on the left is the dockers internal path. The one on the right yu are mapping that location to a path outside of the Docker (in the unRAID array). So rTorrent is running in its own dedicated container, oblivious to unRAID. so you need to point the download folder to its internal path you have mapped. Look at my screencap.

PLUS you are mapping your download folder to a single disk in your array. Another fundamental thing you need to understand about unRAID is that you have a bunch of hard drives. You create shares and it will distribute the files among ALL the array drives... So you create a share called "downloads" in the shares screen of unraid GUI. The mapping of that share will be... /mnt/user/downloads. If you use /mnt/disk1/downloads, it will place all files only on that disk ONLY and if the disk fill up, you are out of luck.

hernandito  - thanks on the explanation , and yes, Liam new in this system, still learning.

i changed the path (just like your screen), on the left to /download

on the right /mnt/user/downloads (the share folder).

i still don't understand the problem ):

i don't have find the /download - path on the system, only the /mnt/user/downloads he i created.

what exactly i didn't do right or didn't understand?

on the Container volume: /download

on the Host path: /mnt/user/downloads/

hernandito  - thanks on the explanation , and yes, Liam new in this system, still learning.

i changed the path (just like your screen), on the left to /download

on the right /mnt/user/downloads (the share folder).

i still don't understand the problem ):

i don't have find the /download - path on the system, only the /mnt/user/downloads he i created.

what exactly i didn't do right or didn't understand?

on the Container volume: /download

on the Host path: /mnt/user/downloads/

and in ruTorrent configure your download folder to /download

You created the share download in unRAID? How many drives in your setup, how much total capacity...? Here is a screencap of my share in unRAID. Hopefully you can figure out what gets stored where. Very important, set your appdata share to be "cache drive only".

8BfH0ku.png

I blurred stuff to not confuse you about some things in my setup.

Codo I really don't know how to fix the problem. My config is as follows:

Docker:

fNHjIzw.png

ruTorrent:

UTRZSlF.png

As to the second part of your question, ruTorrent has all those features. You need to do a little reading and experimentation, but with the AutoTools feature of ruT, you can do the copying/moving after downloading. You will need to be a little clever about the download folders though... But you need to fix that.

As far as keeping seeding after a week, etc, You can use the RatioGroups feature of ruT to keep seeding torrent depending on which trackers its using. Again, you need to do a little reading and experimentation to figure it out.