best bittorrent client?

I think the "/mnt/user" part is what's causing the confusion.  I know it is for me.  As an example this is what I'm struggling with.

If you have /mnt/user/appdata/rtorrent, did you first create a share called appdata?  When you create that share I'm assuming you just created a share call appdata and had it include all disks...I think...so on which drive in the array does is sit on?  Does appdata include all drives in the array?

Opposed to the above, if I create a /mnt/cache/appdata/rtorrent, I'm pretty sure that it only sits on my cache drive correct?  This is what did with Deluge.  For container volume I put in /config and for hostpath I put in /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge.    When I did this I saw that there was a config folder under the deluge share.

For /download you have /mnt/user/download so I'm assuming once again that the share spans across all drives and not just one whereas if I create /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/download, /download is created under the deluge share which only sits on the cache drive.

So when configuring the settings inside the deluge docker for downloading of torrents if I have /download, it will actually download the files to /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/download.  Do I have that all correct?

The only problem I'm having is that deluge is being copied from my cache drive to the array each night.  How do you prevent that?

Anything you can offer in guidance is appreciated!

I think the "/mnt/user" part is what's causing the confusion.  I know it is for me.  As an example this is what I'm struggling with.

If you have /mnt/user/appdata/rtorrent, did you first create a share called appdata?  When you create that share I'm assuming you just created a share call appdata and had it include all disks...I think...so on which drive in the array does is sit on?  Does appdata include all drives in the array?

Opposed to the above, if I create a /mnt/cache/appdata/rtorrent, I'm pretty sure that it only sits on my cache drive correct?  This is what did with Deluge.  For container volume I put in /config and for hostpath I put in /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge.    When I did this I saw that there was a config folder under the deluge share.

For /download you have /mnt/user/download so I'm assuming once again that the share spans across all drives and not just one whereas if I create /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/download, /download is created under the deluge share which only sits on the cache drive.

So when configuring the settings inside the deluge docker for downloading of torrents if I have /download, it will actually download the files to /mnt/cache/appdata/deluge/download.  Do I have that all correct?

The only problem I'm having is that deluge is being copied from my cache drive to the array each night.  How do you prevent that?

Anything you can offer in guidance is appreciated!

Even using /mnt/cache/appdata, if appdata is NOT set to be cache only then mover will still move those files to the array.  You need to go to shares and set appdata to be cache only. 

"Even using /mnt/cache/appdata, if appdata is NOT set to be cache only then mover will still move those files to the array.  You need to go to shares and set appdata to be cache only. "

How do I set the share to be cache only?  I only see an option for "Use Cache Disk".  Do I just set that to yes?

"Even using /mnt/cache/appdata, if appdata is NOT set to be cache only then mover will still move those files to the array.  You need to go to shares and set appdata to be cache only. "

How do I set the share to be cache only?  I only see an option for "Use Cache Disk".  Do I just set that to yes?

Set it to "only"

I could have sworn it only said yes and no...but now I see there is another option "only".

Thanks!

No means that if you copy to your appdata share then it will write the data straight to the array, however if you create a folder called appdata on the cache then it will still see it and duly move it to the array when the move script runs.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping to revive it.

I'm trying to migrate my collection to unRAID, and I'm thinking I want to use rtorrent, but I can't for the life of me get rtorrent to see my array. I tried using instructions in this thread, but I think 6.2.1 might be sufficiently different enough that some of these instructions no longer match up.

I want to link up some of my existing files to seed them from their respective directories, e.g. /Video/Movies/HD/Movie.mkv

I also want to be able to download directly to those directories when starting new torrents.

Any help appreciated :)

• 11 months later...