Docker vs VM

Ice_Black

I'm just looking for the "paid for by the advocates of emulation technology" disclosure ;-). There are so many things wrong in this article and many of the points being made are quite laughable.

Proof is in the pudding. Look at how many apps we can run on unRAID now as compared to before we implemented Docker. Look at the IBM study (you know, a real technologist deep dive) and what they had to say. Look at how Docker continues to grow and mature as a platform.  Next you have the recently announced open container initiative where docker, Microsoft, CoreOS, and many others are getting on board.

And my biggest retort to anyone that believes this garbage?  Guess its a good thing we have KVM on unRAID as well.  ;-)

Like that software requires specific PostgreSQL version, and Redis version. It does not dip into either library or package dependencies at all.

i love this bit.....

can install any version you want of postgresql or redis in the same way you can in a VM, via ppa and pinning the version.