[REQUEST] - TFTP/PXE Server

I baked the all of the virtio drivers for each OS into my WinPE_x64 image.  No more need to mount the virtio driver ISO or change the NIC type to e1000.  Windows OS installers will now recognize the NIC, storage controller and memory balloon devices right out of the box.  :)

God that is sexy... the how to in your plugins thread?  I have that bookmarked just haven't had time.

I can share my config files for the menu, graphics, etc.  Unfortunately, I don't think I can share my winpe.iso due to licensing.  However, all I did was follow the instructions here and injected the virtio drivers:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn613857.aspx

John

I baked the all of the virtio drivers for each OS into my WinPE_x64 image.  No more need to mount the virtio driver ISO or change the NIC type to e1000.  Windows OS installers will now recognize the NIC, storage controller and memory balloon devices right out of the box.  :)

God that is sexy... the how to in your plugins thread?  I have that bookmarked just haven't had time.

I can share my config files for the menu, graphics, etc.  Unfortunately, I don't think I can share my winpe.iso due to licensing.  However, all I did was follow the instructions here and injected the virtio drivers:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn613857.aspx

John

Would love for you to share whatever you can!  Is the winpe.iso a custom made thing or you buy it an it works?

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bother you but I have an old unraid V5 server with pxe boot, and now that I have a brand new V6 unraid server I want to still use the PXE Boot.

I have read all that thread but I admit to understand nothing  :o

I have install the sparklyballs/tftp-server docker and map the images directory to my old images directory. But I don't understand where to put my pxe.conf, etc... (based on that thread for my old V5 server http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31297.0)

I use mainly pxe boot to run clonezilla on different computer.

thanks for your help !

• 4 years later...

Kinda necro-posting, but I would really enjoy this thing being a thing again, especially since the original docker repo vanished. I've seen that thread referenced above, but I really would prefer it being a docker or plugin than a direct modification to unraid (my install is already plagued, and I'm trying to kinda reverse it back to more streamlined solutions.).

If someone's wondering "but for what use", I want to stop burning usb drives, and I don't like having drives at all in my ESXI box. If I could boot my ESXI server from my unraid's storage, it would be sweet. The VMs of my ESXI box are already stored on the unraid array anyways (10gbps back-to-back link between the two servers dedicated to not storing stuff in the esxi box.)

• 10 months later...
On 7/8/2015 at 1:26 PM, sparklyballs said:

seems to be working now, was an IPV6 related issue.

it's in my private repo, PM me if you don't have it.

Can you please share your private repo so I can try the tftp app?

I tried to PM but it didn't work

1 hour ago, frakman1 said:

Can you please share your private repo so I can try the tftp app?

I tried to PM but it didn't work

Have you looked at using tftp option in DNSMASQ.CONF this as a config I was using for test ipxe boot to see if I can boot unraid from an iscsi volume.

You may not need the DHCP parts. 

log-dhcp
dhcp-range=192.168.1.0,proxy
interface=br0
bind-interfaces
enable-tftp
tftp-root=/mnt/cache/pxeboot
pxe-service=tag:!ipxe,x86PC,"splash",ipxe.efi     

dhcp-boot=tag:!ipxe,ipxe.efi
dhcp-match=set:ipxe,175 # gPXE/iPXE sends a 175 option.
dhcp-boot=tag:!ipxe,ipxe.efi
dhcp-boot=unraid.ipxe