[Feature Request] - Smart Notifications Sent Only When Changed Values

I looked, but didn't see this as a pending request (apologies if I missed it).

I would like that status of SMART notifications only to be given when something has changed from previously reported, therefore requiring a new notification to be sent.

Every time I reboot I get the notifications, and I am aware I have some (in my opinion) small problems that I plan to monitor, however the notification doesn't provide me any value unless something has changed.

I have had the same 1 reallocated sector, and (some ridiculous #) spin up count for a long while now.

I understand this would need to be written somewhere in order for this to properly work, and keeping flash writes low is likely a priority.

How about writing the state of SMART attributes for disks in array to the flash initially, only update this file when a change to a SMART attribute (that is monitored) occurs, and when booting up check for a recent change to that file, if nothing changed do not report with a notification.

There's likely a better way to handle this, but you get the idea.