How to and what format for a non array drive for VMs?

I just installed a new 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD for use with my VMs and dockers.  I found a forum post about it but it was old enough to be for V5 or even v4.7,  I know that there are new formats other than reiserfs.  What format should I use and how would I go about doing this?

After that I will be replacing my current old 3.5" 1.5TB green drive with a faster 2.5" 1TB HSGT what format should I use for that one when I am ready to format that drive?

Do you have a cache drive?

My 1.5TB is my cache drive.  I could have sworn I put that in my post but I must have accidentally deleted that from my post when I proofread it and made changes before I posted.

I want to make my new 1TB HGST drive my cache drive and my SSD my drive mounted outside of my array for my VMs and dockers.

I just installed a new 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD for use with my VMs and dockers.  I found a forum post about it but it was old enough to be for V5 or even v4.7,  I know that there are new formats other than reiserfs.  What format should I use and how would I go about doing this?

After that I will be replacing my current old 3.5" 1.5TB green drive with a faster 2.5" 1TB HSGT what format should I use for that one when I am ready to format that drive?

I use a 256GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro for my docker.img and VMs, (appdata is stored on my cache drive) and I mount it with gfjardim's unassigned devices plugin (previously used SNAP) and I have it formatted as BTRFS and it works fine.  The rest of my array is formatted as XFS, can't remember why I formatted it BTRFS though, suspect like the rest of the Unraid array it probably won't make much difference but I would definitely stick to either BTRFS or XFS.

How would I format my SSD to XFS?

From Main, stop the array then click on the drive to get to its settings page. Select file system type from the dropdown. Start the array and allow unRAID to format it.

Note that changing the file system type will reformat the drive, so it will no longer have any files on it.

How would I format my SSD to XFS?

From Main, stop the array then click on the drive to get to its settings page. Select file system type from the dropdown. Start the array and allow unRAID to format it.

Note that changing the file system type will reformat the drive, so it will no longer have any files on it.

When I click on the drive nothing happens.  I know there is a link there my cursor changes from an arrow to a pointing hand.