Default settings for disk settings?

I ran that tunable script but found the suggested numbers it gave me made the system slower, so I just want to go back to the original disk settings. What sucks I never took a screen shot of the original numbers. Can someone let me know what the disk settings default settings are?

md_num_stripes

md_sync_window

I can probably just throw up another unRaid and see, but a little lazy today.

Just clear all boxes and press Apply, this will revert settings to default.

Duh! I kept hitting reset but left the numbers in there. Derrr. Since that script was designed for V5 there's really no sense in using on V6. Yea, it runs but slowed my system up by using their recommended numbers.

Thank you.

Just clear all boxes and press Apply, this will revert settings to default.

Worth pointing that enabling the Help via the button at the top right of the unRAID GUI would have pointed this out as well.

Yeah, quite some time and effort went into Help. I guess people still need to get used to it :)

If you haven't changed any of your tunable disk settings can you view the disk.cfg file and let me know what your default numbers are? The file disk.cfg is in the config folder. I've been playing around with my settings and want to make sure I'm starting off at the defaults. I have no idea what the settings do, but I know changing them does make a difference (better or worse) in your read speeds. The settings are:

poll_attributes (I believe this is 1800 default)

md_num_stripes

md_write_limit

md_sync_window

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old post, but there was a response to what the defaults were on these numbers but I'm having a hard time searching the forum for them. I want to start off with defaults and run that tunable script. I did some minor memory changes and want to check for any improvements. 66MB/sec on a parity check is quite slow. Looking to improve the speed on that.

md_num_stripes  default?

md_write_limit  default?

md_sync_window  default?

I know this is an old post, but there was a response to what the defaults were on these numbers but I'm having a hard time searching the forum for them. I want to start off with defaults and run that tunable script. I did some minor memory changes and want to check for any improvements. 66MB/sec on a parity check is quite slow. Looking to improve the speed on that.

md_num_stripes  default?

md_write_limit  default?

md_sync_window  default?

From the UI Help ...

These tunables let you control certain properties of the unRAID driver.

Note: For each of these settings, if you delete the value and click Apply, the value is restored to its default.

md_num_stripes  default?

md_write_limit  default?

md_sync_window  default?

From the UI Help ...

These tunables let you control certain properties of the unRAID driver.

Note: For each of these settings, if you delete the value and click Apply, the value is restored to its default.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to ask what is the default of just the

md_write_limit

which is in the disk.cfg but not an option in the UI. Apparently it doesn't matter what I do, since I have the SAS2 cards which give me really slow parity check speeds regardless of what those settings are.