[DOCKER] Mythtv

Hello,  I use MCEBuddy software (running on Windows 10 VM on UnRaid) its scheduled to run every night and removes adverts and converts tv recordings to H264. a few Uk programs is breaks audio though (which I could tinker more with, but haven't done yet), but I can exclude those tittles, and in the main works ok. It can be a little cumbersome to setup, as sometimes needs reboot to get it to forgot previous settings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope someone here can help me.  I am new to unRAID and Docker, but I have been using MythTV for many years.

Used all of the information from this post and have gotten the Mythtv docker running.  Thank you for this docker!

Now I just have one problem I need to figure out.  After recording a show that I want to keep I download it to a workstation for processing and then use Mythweb to delete it.

Unfortunately when I delete it it disappears from the Recorded Programs list, but total programs and space information at the bottom of the list still displays as if the show was still there.  When I go to my recordings folder the files for the show are still there as well.  If I connect to the share where my recordings are from another machine I am not able to delete the show files.  Here are my mappings:

/home/mythtv <--> /mnt/user/mythTV/home

/db <--> /mnt/user/mythTV/db

/var/lib/mythtv <--> /mnt/user/mythTV/var_lib

Inside mythtv I configured my recordings default for /var/lib/mythtv/recordings.  I have tried different mappings for the recordings and nothing has made a difference yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Forgot to mention:  I am running unRAID 6.3.2

Edit: It seems that the problem is now resolved.  All I can figure out is that it must have had something to do with permissions on my share where I was placing the recordings.  I just deleted a recording and after a few minutes found that everything deleted as expected.

Edited by gmythx
Problem solved
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This has been working great for the last few years but since there are later versions of mythtv and more images on Docker Hub, what is the consensus (stick with this that works) - go with something newer (what is to be gained on newer versions of mythtv for headless purpose - I use it as a backend to kodi).

8 hours ago, 2devnull said:

This has been working great for the last few years but since there are later versions of mythtv and more images on Docker Hub, what is the consensus (stick with this that works) - go with something newer (what is to be gained on newer versions of mythtv for headless purpose - I use it as a backend to kodi).

If it works and you don't miss any new features (if there are any), stick with this version, if not then move to a newer one. This container will not get updated. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 3:41 AM, saarg said:

If it works and you don't miss any new features (if there are any), stick with this version, if not then move to a newer one. This container will not get updated. 

Apart from features, I'm on the latest Kodi and Emby, I keep those updated...I fear one day it may no longer be compatible with this MythTV image.

• 5 months later...

I'm looking to move my Mythtv over to unraid but one thing I'm not sure on is how I would go about using Shepherd TV guide 

http://svn.whuffy.com/wiki/Installation

Would it be hard to set up? It provides my guide data so is required. My only other option would be to set up a vm 

• 5 months later...

Hello All,

I'm new to Dockers so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question...  First, I love the mythtv docker.  So much easier than install mythtv from scratch.  My question... I had myth running in the docker and its working great.  I had installed handbrakecli into it to save recordings off to my external nas via a user job.

Then I was having an issue getting the Quacamole to connect to mythtv so i temporarily changed the networking to bridged.   This seemed to refresh the docker image and caused handbrakecli to go away.

How do i install an application like handbrakecli and have it be persistant in the event I make a mistake like i did by changing the networking on the docker image.

I hope I am asking this correctly and it makes sense,

Thanks

ce

Edited by [email protected]
  • 1 year later...

Hi, long time mythtv user and new to unRAID and somewhat docker. I struggled to find the instructions on installing the app in docker. I cannot RDP to desktop to configure the backend is my problem. Here is what I did.

In Apps, search for 'mythtv', then tell it to search in docker hub. 

Found sammonsjl/mythtv

In the UI click advanced view

Repository added :29-fixes to end of line 

Under Extra Parameters I added: --hostname=mythbackend

Under Network type: host

I mapped 

/mnt/user/appdata/mythtv/config/':'/home/mythtv':'rw'

/mnt/user/appdata/mythtv/data/':'/var/lib/mysql':'rw'

/mnt/user/storage/':'/var/lib/mythtv

I set a variable CONFIG_MODE to 1

I have tried to go to http://unraidhost:6760 with web browser, that times out. I have tried rdping to unraid hosts, also doesnt connect.

I don't know how to look at logs to tell what is going on.

I think I have also defined some ports but that didn't seem to work.

This is the command that runs to start the docker container:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='mythtv' --net='host' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'CONFIG_MODE'='1' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/mythtv/config/':'/home/mythtv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/mythtv/data/':'/var/lib/mysql':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/storage/':'/var/lib/mythtv':'rw' --hostname=mythbackend 'sammonsjl/mythtv:29-fixes' 

Any help would be great, I'm really lost here. I will be using hdhomeruns with this install

Thanks

EDIT: I am going to go the route of VM using mythbuntu repo. It does not look like unRaid/docker/mythtv is that popular.  

Edited by squish102