Upgrade from 5.0

Hey guys I was having problems trying to rsync with SSH to my remote server and I just decided to upgrade to 6.0.  Anyway I followed the directions but obviously missed something because none of my drives were assigned.  fortunately I read the directions and heeded them and made a screen capture of all the drives and their locations.  I am in the midst of a parity sync now however my problem is that none of my shares exist?!.  I did copy the config/shares folder from my 5.0 install.  Can I safely restore these shares?  Please advise.  I hope I am not compromising data without them in place?

Thanks!

Neil

Hey guys I was having problems trying to rsync with SSH to my remote server and I just decided to upgrade to 6.0.  Anyway I followed the directions but obviously missed something because none of my drives were assigned.  fortunately I read the directions and heeded them and made a screen capture of all the drives and their locations.  I am in the midst of a parity sync now however my problem is that none of my shares exist?!.  I did copy the config/shares folder from my 5.0 install.  Can I safely restore these shares?  Please advise.  I hope I am not compromising data without them in place?

My guess is that the User Shares are not enabled under Settings->Global Share Settings

Yes it is set to No.  I have to wait for the parity sync to complete which is like 21 hours away.  I will enable it and it should be all good correct?

I would expect that to be the case.    I think you need to stop/start the array before that setting can be changed (or at least before it takes effect).

Yes it is set to No.  I have to wait for the parity sync to complete which is like 21 hours away.  I will enable it and it should be all good correct?

I would expect that to be the case.    I think you need to stop/start the array before that setting can be changed (or at least before it takes effect).

In v6 these settings can only be changed when the array is stopped.