Question thread for a new prospective unRAID user

I've ran in to an issue with dockers that I haven't been able to work out.

Every time I pin dockers to a specific core and start the service, the option for the WebUI is disappears and will not come back unless I remove the CPU pinning.

Here's a few screenshots to illustrate:

Unpinned:

lBCmZgW.png

kky9tWY.png

YAFhlcm.png

Pinned:

auAbdd7.png

XlgFlRp.png

CbYIhNM.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ran in to an issue with dockers that I haven't been able to work out.

Every time I pin dockers to a specific core and start the service, the option for the WebUI is disappears and will not come back unless I remove the CPU pinning.

Here's a few screenshots to illustrate:

Unpinned:

lBCmZgW.png

kky9tWY.png

YAFhlcm.png

Pinned:

auAbdd7.png

XlgFlRp.png

CbYIhNM.png

Do not use the repository field for the cpuset-cpus.

Toggle advanced view and use the extra parameters field.

Thanks jonp that did it.

Is there a way to mount the data in the Docker img file?  For instance, traditionally SickBeard comes with a folder called post processing that you point the Sab client to for post download script execution, but since that folder (at least based on my understanding) resides in the img file, I'm not sure how I'd do that?

In this case it isn't important I just copied the post processing folder from another server and changed some configuration files, but I am curious in case the need comes up again.

Also, my drives don't look quite right in the WebUI:

9MEjjOG.png

How can a 5tb drive has 2tb used and 5tb free?  In truth it is empty.

If you look real close at that 2tb, it kinda turns into a 2GB !  ;)

That's a thousandth of a TB, so it's just a bit of file system overhead, drive is empty.

You're correct and I am blind.  Still, 2GB is quite a lot of disk overhead!  I remember disks smaller than that.

If you look real close at that 2tb, it kinda turns into a 2GB !  ;)

That's a thousandth of a TB, so it's just a bit of file system overhead, drive is empty.

You're correct and I am blind.  Still, 2GB is quite a lot of disk overhead!  I remember disks smaller than that.

I can't tell from the image, but I'm assuming that the drive was formatted XFS?  I'm just now completing the migration of 16 disks of various sizes from RFS to XFS and I've noticed that XFS has much higher overhead (at least for the empty filesystem) than RFS.  My experience so far is that you lose about 500 megs per terabyte of capacity.  Although I remember having 500 meg drives (and much smaller), when compared to 1 terabyte it isn't much.