Preclear v1.15 with unraid v6 work ok?

Anyone have any issues using Preclear with unraid v6?  I'm about to upgrade and I have already precleared a few drives with Preclear version 1.15. Just want to know if this works ok in unraid v6.  I know there is a Preclear plugin now for unraid v6, so I assume it is calling the same preclear version 1.15.  Or does the plugin install a newer version?

Anyone have any issues using Preclear with unraid v6?  I'm about to upgrade and I have already precleared a few drives with Preclear version 1.15. Just want to know if this works ok in unraid v6.  I know there is a Preclear plugin now for unraid v6, so I assume it is calling the same preclear version 1.15.  Or does the plugin install a newer version?

The plugin does not actually install the Joe L. script or the "faster" preclear from bjp999, but it does call the script. You have to take care of installing the script yourself. See the plugin thread.

Ok thanks.  Sounds like pc 1.15 is still the script to run.  I didn't know about any faster preclear.  Is that something that Joe supports, or something bjp999 did on his own?  Any issues to report with the faster script?  If it is much faster, then it would be worth looking at. I still have 3 more drives to preclear and it takes a couple days for each one.

• 2 weeks later...

I did that, copied the files per the instructions - but I was expecting a icon under tools or something??

There is an icon - but it appears under Settings.

I just ran the manual script via the console for now.  what value does the plugin add?  Sorry, I may have had too many beers LOL

the plugin simply allows you to run a preclear via the GUI.  The underlying functionality is unchanged as it still use the preclear script.  Many people are not comfortable using the command line.

I had to use the plugin manager and install the plugin again, this time it worked fine - no errors.  BTW, the url for this plugin is  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/preclear.disk.plg

The thread can be found here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39985.0

I also had to rename the script, which i missed that step on my first attempt.  I now see the icon under settings.