Change subject of email notifications

Hey all I love the new (to me) 6.0 from 5.x interface and built in email notifications. I do have one tweak I hope some oe can help me with. I want to put the raid status first in the subject. This whole I don't have to open the email in my iOS devices. Currently the subject is so long I have to open the email to see the actual status. Any thoughts?

Also with unmenu there was a way to modify files in a web interface. Is there a comparable 6.0 option?

Thanks

Neil

Under Notification settings / SMTP settings you can change the Email subject prefix to what ever you want (or remove it altogether) to make that line shorter

And no, there is no built-in method to modify system files.  Although most of the cfg files that are in /boot/config are editable with any text editor.  (The vast majority of other cfg files throughout the system you will need to use either nano from the command line or notepad++ in windows)

Also with unmenu there was a way to modify files in a web interface. Is there a comparable 6.0 option?

I don't actually remember that unMenu feature and I don't have it installed right now.

Do you mean files on the disks or user shares, or .cfg files on the flash drive as Squid suggests. The normal way to edit the .cfg files is through the webGUI. Any settings you make in the webGUI are stored on the flash drive, mostly in the .cfg files.

It is possible to edit syslinux. Main - Boot Device, then click on Flash to get to its settings page and edit Syslinux Configuration.

I shortened the prefix and I think it is better. I just need the "ok" early enough and I think we are ok.

I'm confused with this new system is there no list of plugins. Some repository?

Thanks

Neil

Everyone moved to dockers. That's where the repo list is and where all development is being done for addon functionality.  The only items for plugins is UI addons or troubleshooting tools.