unRaid stopped working - VFS insert root floppy

My father just called that he had problems with his unRaid box. I saw that out of 4 HDDs only Parity and disk 3 was spun up and as he was trying to copy a file across it just stopped. The Dynamix GUI showed an error counter of 4000+ on that disk. It was fine the day before. I checked the SMART values and it said that everything is fine with that disk, although it was overheating (41 degrees, I set the alarm to 40, usually disks are around 36-38). I then proceeded to stop the array and issued a reboot but then the box didn't came back up.

I was able to use teamviewer and log onto the IPMI interface but I could barely navigate there. I was able to see the following last three lines:

sda ATTACHED SCSI disk

floppy0: no floppy controllers found

VFS: insert root floppy and press ENTER

I then rebooted it again, this time using unraid safe mode but the same error message appeared. the box had an uptime of 116 days before this issue. I already tried google but I couldn't find anything related to unRAID and I certainly didn't touch any of the files. All I did, aside the normal installation, was to install Dynamix Web GUI. However this was a long time ago so I don't even know what version of unRAID is running there. We have a 2nd box that I use for backup (mirror of the 1st one) and I started a backup yesterday but didn't finish it cause it was just too much data. It's installed identically though as the 1st one, just with different hostname and ip and it booted just fine.

Is there anything else I can try to debug remotely?