[Support] Plex from Linuxserver

I am going to try and build my own docker - in part to see if I can do it. 

Can I use some of your formatting and scripts/layouts that you use.  I like to configuration you use to layout everything.

Thanks

Myk

sure

When UNRAID is rebooted Plex will not start. Only once I manually reset Plex it start up properly.

The log shows: setuser: cannot execute /usr/sbin/start_pms: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

The config directory is located on a separate share outside the array using unassigned devices. Maybe it has a correlation.

I am using plexpass...

When UNRAID is rebooted Plex will not start. Only once I manually reset Plex it start up properly.

The log shows: setuser: cannot execute /usr/sbin/start_pms: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

The config directory is located on a separate share outside the array using unassigned devices. Maybe it has a correlation.

I am using plexpass...

Sounds like the disk gets mounted later than the docker container get started.

You either have to move the appdata to your cache drive or start the docker manually.

I am using plexpass...

can you post a screenshot of your mappings for the container please.

click/right click the docker icon, select edit and screenshot the section for volumes...

and the location of your docker.img.

I think I had a similar issue a week ago or so...

to fix it, I redownloaded the PMS Docker. Works fine at the moment

(but I use my appdata on the cache drive. afaik the unassigned disk addon mounts drives before docker starts, so this should work fine, too)

Update:

I now remember, what caused the problem for me. I restarted the container, while it was downloading a new PMS release. On the next start, the download would start again, but with an other filename (I think it added "-1" at the end of the file), but it tried to install the previous (failed) download.

so no PMS would get installed and the docker couldn't run it.

not quite the same issue but maybe related...

Re installed and the issue persist. Only when i manual restart the docker plex will start. This is only needed after unraid is rebooted. Once plex is up and running (after a manual plex restart)i can start stop without issues.

Would you be so kind that you could provide me with a complete set of logs from it failing to start, i shall then commence investiating.

Attached the log from the plex docker.... First log is the automatic start. Second log is when I stop the docker and start it again.

No idea why it is logging Invalid response packet from host 192.168.1.100. This is my Windows 10 VM and has no interaction with Plex whatsoever.

it's an avahi bug in relation to OSX machines on your network, and now it seems win10 too.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/avahi/+bug/1342400

Attached the log from the plex docker.... First log is the automatic start. Second log is when I stop the docker and start it again.

No idea why it is logging Invalid response packet from host 192.168.1.100. This is my Windows 10 VM and has no interaction with Plex whatsoever.

it's an avahi bug in relation to OSX machines on your network, and now it seems win10 too.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/avahi/+bug/1342400

Yep, can confirm it's on Windows 10, surprised to see Sparkly providing support on a Plex thread..  ;D