Fresh Unraid 6 install - How to get Flash write permission

Hi,

So i just setup an new unRIAD 6 server, everythings fine, except it seems I can't get write permission on the flash OS drive.

If I want to put something on the flash ( ie plugins ) I have to turn off the unraid server and put the flash into my windows PC and transfer that way.

Is there a way to get write permission on flash. I don't have any users, just standard " root ".

Hi,

So i just setup an new unRIAD 6 server, everythings fine, except it seems I can't get write permission on the flash OS drive.

If I want to put something on the flash ( ie plugins ) I have to turn off the unraid server and put the flash into my windows PC and transfer that way.

Is there a way to get write permission on flash. I don't have any users, just standard " root ".

The default is to have write permission.

Have you tried to enable any sort of security on the 'flash' share (the default is anyone can access it)?    If so then it is worth noting that the user 'root' has no access to shares across the network.

Hi,

As an aside, you want to install plugins in v6 using the plugin manager.  The old method of copying .plg files over to your flash drive isn't recommended

Hi,

My first guess would be that your Flash Drive has had a write failure and has been blocked from further writes.  You should stop the array, shut down the server, and run ChkDsk on the Flash in a windows machine.

Yeah I was having trouble with the plugin installer so i tried to move the plugin file to the flash so i could just link it, then realised i'm having issues with write permission when trying to make new files ont he flash as it tries to install plugins.

Im having no problems writing to the flash when it's in my windows PC, it's only when it's running unRAID, so i'm confident it's an issue with permission.

I ran a chkdsk and it said it is fine.

edit* ok found the problem, when I was googling a fix earlier today someone had a similar problem. When they entered a DNS server manually it was fixed. Same for me. I was just having trouble trying to keep the manually selected DNS server as it kept reverting back to auto select. I had to go to the network config and enter my own settings ( NOT DCHP ) and the manual DNS settings stayed