Crashplan Desktop does not launch inside ubuntu VM

I assume that maybe I was supposed to allow access to something?  Right now the app just hangs at the crashplan logo

I just installed this yesterday. Make sure you are ROOT or SUDO the install.sh file in the terminal. The Crashplan client install the easy part. Figuring out how to access my unRaid shares in the VM I had to manually add a line in the fstab file.

I had this problem too, resolved pretty quickly via the other thread.

See https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33864.msg394325#msg394325

In short; all I had to do was add the following to the Extra Parameters section of the CrashPlan-Desktop community docker configuration (you need to turn on the advanced view when editing settings to see this):

--volumes-from CrashPlan

And it sprunged to life.

Got the Windows client talking too - few messages up outline what is needed. In short

Copy .ui_info from the docker /config/id directory to C:\ProgramData\CrashPlan\.ui_info

Edit ui.properties in C:\Program Files\CrashPlan\conf to contain the remote server and port as appropriate:

serviceHost=10.1.1.111

servicePort=4243

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I am at this again.....crashplan GUI does not launch at all in the ubuntu VM. No splash screen, no nothing.  Whats more interesting is when I installed CP GUI, I get a bunch of messages that stuff "Already exists", even though I have removed it several times.  Anyone seen this?

Just to be clear, you are using a VM with Crashplan installed in that VM? No dockers?