Which computer should I use to try unRaid?

Sprtfan

I want to try unRaid before I go out and buy all of the needed hardware.  I have 3 computers that I could use and wanted to see which one would probably be the easiest to use.  I have a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ), ECS KN1 extreme lite (NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra) and also have a Dell Optiplex GX270 (Intel 865G chipset)  The Dell seems like the best choice but it has a limited case that would make it hard to work with.  If the Dell is the best bet and meets the needed requirements. I could always try to move the mobo into a different case instead of buying a new one.  I have the Asus board in a Antec P180 and it also has 8 sata ports.  If anyone thinks the Asus board would work, I could use it and not have to buy extra sata cards.  Thanks for any ideas or feedback.

I guess I might as well give all of them a shot.  I might try one of the others first since it will take me a while to migrate all of my stuff off of the Asus system.  Seems like a little bit of a waste to use my best board but it would be well worth it if all 8 of the sata could work.  Compared to most of the people around here I'm probably a noob but I don't mind trying to get things to work. 

As a quick test you could just disconnect your hard drives by just unplugging the data cable (or power cable).  Then boot unRAID Basic and send me the system log - I would probably be able to tell you if all 8 SATA ports are recognized.  You could also verify the network in this fashion.  Even with no hard drives hooked up, you should see the 'flash' share appear on your network.