UnRAID 5 to 6 upgrade - licensing question

Hi all,

Done a search but cannot find an answer, but please excuse me if I've missed it somewhere.

I'm current running version 5 and am finally going to upgrade to 6.

Currently I am using the free version as my modest microserver only has four drives.

To upgrade to version 6 'basic' do I upgrade first, then purchase the key or is there a preferred method? Obviously, I don't want to lose access to any of my data due to being unregistered.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Done a search but cannot find an answer, but please excuse me if I've missed it somewhere.

I'm current running version 5 and am finally going to upgrade to 6.

Currently I am using the free version as my modest microserver only has four drives.

To upgrade to version 6 'basic' do I upgrade first, then purchase the key or is there a preferred method? Obviously, I don't want to lose access to any of my data due to being unregistered.

Thanks.

If you want absolute minimum downtime choose the physical USB flash drive you want use going forward, either new or the one you are currently using, and purchase the license using its GUID on this page, then upgrade with the license key already in place.

Or, you can upgrade first, then purchase the key from within the new interface and it will be emailed to you shortly, and you can start the array as soon as you receive the email. The key server is generally almost instant with a response, so the downtime is minimal either way.